+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Scheduled for March 7th, 2023 (but haven't received invitation)

tonbleu

Feb 24, 2023
Hi all,

I've been reading through the posts here to calm my anxiety with screwing things up the last minute. Here's my situation:

The online tracker status for my oath ceremony updated on Feb 1st (which I learned of only when I logged in on Feb 17th), and it's scheduled for March 7th, 8:15am. However I haven't received any e-mail including junk and trash. The tracker then started to stuck on "Loading / Chargement" page since last week, despite trying with different computers, browsers, VPNs.

My inquries sent through the web form never gets responses on time, so I don't know what to do at this point. Coming here for help.

To anyone who has received the official invitation for oath:
  • Is there any form required to be filled / signed / sent back as a pre-requisite to attend the oath?
    • Is there a deadline for submitting this form?
    • If the form is not submitted, will the oath be canceled?
And to those who have finished attending the oath, in-person or virtually:
  • Can the applicant request urgent processing of the citizenship certificate?
  • Is there an option for electronic vs. paper copy?
Thanks very much in advance to whoever respond to my case, and hope everyone receives their status as soon as he/she wishes.

eparker42

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
Other
@tonbleu You should give them a call if you don't receive an email by may be Monday? Usually they say the invite comes 1-2 weeks prior to oath date, but I received mine way earlier than that.
Is there any form required to be filled / signed / sent back as a pre-requisite to attend the oath? - No

ycheng

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Interesting that you can see the time from the tracker. Maybe yours is sooner? Mine is scheduled to March 14th, but there is only the date and no time

Update: Just received email for my oath too. LOL

Last edited:

prachi16

Oct 31, 2017
My tracker got updated yesterday but the update date is of 21st feb and i am scheduled for 03 March oath. But same as you, I haven’t received any emails yet.

i emailed back to the email i got my test invite from and also sent a mail to IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipCeremony-CeremonieCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
Found this email in an old threat. If your office is also scarborough, give it a try. They usually ask to contact 5 days before the oath (again got to
Know this from the old thread on the forum) . Will call ircc 2100 number on monday if I don’t receive anything by then. All the best.

tonbleu

Feb 24, 2023
@tonbleu You should give them a call if you don't receive an email by may be Monday? Usually they say the invite comes 1-2 weeks prior to oath date, but I received mine way earlier than that.
Is there any form required to be filled / signed / sent back as a pre-requisite to attend the oath? - No
OK thanks!!

tonbleu

Feb 24, 2023
My tracker got updated yesterday but the update date is of 21st feb and i am scheduled for 03 March oath. But same as you, I haven’t received any emails yet.

i emailed back to the email i got my test invite from and also sent a mail to IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipCeremony-CeremonieCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
Found this email in an old threat. If your office is also scarborough, give it a try. They usually ask to contact 5 days before the oath (again got to
Know this from the old thread on the forum) . Will call ircc 2100 number on monday if I don’t receive anything by then. All the best.
I have an email address slightly different from yours: IRCC.DNMBSKCITCEREMONIES-CEREMONIESCITMBSKRN.IRCC1@cic.gc.ca

When I emailed the officer who interviewed me, I received an auto-reply from the above address. My best guess on the acronyms are: Do Not Mail Back Service S(?) K(?) CITizenship CEREMONIES. Not sure what the S and K stand for.

FAsad

Mar 2, 2023

Hi prachi! I wanted to ask if you got your oath email that is due tomorrow March 3 or not? As we are also on the same boat.. so just wanted to have an idea if we should still wait or email them?

FAsad

Mar 2, 2023
Hey did you get your email for oath ceremony? We are also waiting for the email with the details but on the IRCC website oath date is present..

marygbrasil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Hello everyone, I received my Oath email 2 weeks prior to my ceremony being scheduled on March 2nd (on February 17th). I actually asked to reschedule to in-person (the original was over zoom) and they again resent me the Oath letter exactly 2 weeks before the updated ceremony date. I don’t think it should take as long as waiting one day before the ceremony date…. I was the with IRCC Scarborough office and they were very helpful and quick to respond!

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Hello everyone, I received my Oath email 2 weeks prior to my ceremony being scheduled on March 2nd (on February 17th). I actually asked to reschedule to in-person (the original was over zoom) and they again resent me the Oath letter exactly 2 weeks before the updated ceremony date. I don’t think it should take as long as waiting one day before the ceremony date…. I was the with IRCC Scarborough office and they were very helpful and quick to respond!
Did you reply to oath email to request for in person ceremony? Did they reply in a timely manner and how many days apart your updated ceremony is from actual ceremony ( online) ?

Montreal Boy 2020

Feb 13, 2020
can anyone please share any time line, I passed my interview in person last week, but my online status has not changed , the lady said you may receive a ceremony convocation within 1 or 2 months but wanted to check with you guys what in real life I can expect. thx