+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath outside Canada

itenten

Jun 3, 2021
Hi everyone, I came across some profiles where they have taken oath outside Canada for certain situations where they can't come back in the country for more than 6 months.

Also, got this automated email replying the citizenship ceremony request email. Can someone experiencing the below process guide?

TRAVELLING OR OUTSIDE CANADA

If you have advised us that you will be TRAVELLING or are OUTSIDE CANADA You MAY take the Oath OUTSIDE CANADA. However, Please note your MUST Destroy your PR card. Apply for CANADIAN passport in order for you return back to CANADA. Therefore, the oath ceremony can be CANCELLED for YOU. If you choose to not to proceed with the Ceremony.
@somak2001 do you know the email address they get this automated reply from? I thought of sending an email and see if I get the same auto reply. That way we have proof

itenten

Jun 3, 2021
I asked IRCC about this change allowing applicants to take oath outside Canada and they did not deny this rather advised that the website is currently being updated to reflect any changes in Citizenship policy and to follow any instruction from an official gc.ca email account. Looks like this change is going to be official soon! here is copy of IRCC reply screenshot