Jun 4, 2014
MONTREAL
Category........
Visa Office......
HONG KONG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have heard that there were cases where applicants took oath immediately after their tests, any comments?

Regards.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah, it happened and is still happening as per members of this forum at various local offices, including montreal.
As usual with CIC, no pattern for applicants selected for that, total randomness.

MonBec

Jun 4, 2014
MONTREAL
Category........
Visa Office......
HONG KONG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so they basically give it to anyone who they feel like giving to?

MonBec

Jun 4, 2014
MONTREAL
Category........
Visa Office......
HONG KONG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just love CIC agents.
:mad: :mad: :mad:

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
When the letter is sent by CIC for test/interview, usually there is another consent form for same day oath and for those people they might get oath the same day.

I haven't seen anyone in this forum who was not sent the consent form for same day oath and has got the oath on same day. If yes, then I would love to hear from that member :)

MonBec

Jun 4, 2014
MONTREAL
Category........
Visa Office......
HONG KONG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rephrase your last sentence. too many negations. Can't understand it.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
MonBec said:
rephrase your last sentence. too many negations. Can't understand it.
I meant to say that in this forum whoever has got the oath the same day was sent a oath consent letter along with test/interview invite.

I haven't seen anyone in this forum who was granted oath on the same day who was sent the test/interview invite only (without the oath consent letter).

MonBec

Jun 4, 2014
MONTREAL
Category........
Visa Office......
HONG KONG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh, fantastic....

jhjeppe

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
The Pas, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 August 2009
Doc's Request.
31 January 2010
AOR Received.
14 June 2010
Med's Request
5 October 2010
Med's Done....
12 October 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5 October 2011
LANDED..........
20 May 2012
These spots are reserved for the folks (like myself) who live far away from their local office...

A call centre agent told me because I live 650 km away from the local office, that I will likely have the test/interview and the oath on the same day.

yr97

Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhjeppe said:
These spots are reserved for the folks (like myself) who live far away from their local office...

A call centre agent told me because I live 650 km away from the local office, that I will likely have the test/interview and the oath on the same day.
I don't think so.. Because this applies here in Montreal and I don't think Montreal would be a local office to someone living that far, because simply there are other local offices (quebec, ottawa, Toronto, ...)
It is totally random, and I don't mean to scare u out but don't get ur hope high, u might not get the test and the oath on the same day.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MonBec said:
I have heard that there were cases where applicants took oath immediately after their tests, any comments?

Regards.
Yes I have 4 friends/families from Montreal took the oath right after the exam. All of them are not related

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
The distance explanation makes perfect sense. My pastor, from Rocky Mountain House, had his test and his oath on the same day. I have two other colleagues from Red Deer who took the test and oath on the same day as well.

All had this done at the Calgary Office - where mine will ultimately go to.

Its a better explanation than the coloured paper explanation.

jrjayl

Oct 6, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AFAIK yes there is a separate piece of paper to state that if you pass the test and interview there will be an oath on the same day.

It is basically a matter of luck, I guess.