+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath letter received but ecas still "in process"

Jun 4, 2015
I received the invitation to attend the oath ceremony on the 16th of July, but the ECAS status online has no reference to the oath ceremony and still says "in process" the last update is the invitation for the test.

Is anyone in the same situation?

Scarborough office & test date was the 2nd of June

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ECAS is unreliable. Don't worry about it. Congrats on receiving the oath letter!

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Scarborough citizenship said:
I received the invitation to attend the oath ceremony on the 16th of July, but the ECAS status online has no reference to the oath ceremony and still says "in process" the last update is the invitation for the test.

Don't pay any attention to the eCAS, its not reliable. Your letter is the official invitation

Congratulations on getting your oath letter.

Ray

peterperez

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015

How long did it take friend ?

What is your timeline friend ?

If you could kindly share :)

And did you apply from toronto downtown

Or Scarborough

Congratulations

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

It was the same for me too. They do not change ecas to decision made. From 'in process' it goes to 'complete '. So don't worry about ecas

Jun 4, 2015
chikloo said:
It was the same for me too. They do not change ecas to decision made. From 'in process' it goes to 'complete '. So don't worry about ecas
Thanks Chikloo - that gives me a level of comfort, maybe I am being paranoid, but I will only get some closure once the ceremony is actually completed! - As I am sure is the case with many other on this forum, a lot hinges on the citizenship date (e.g. travel dates, etc...)

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Chikloo - that gives me a level of comfort, maybe I am being paranoid, but I will only get some closure once the ceremony is actually completed! - As I am sure is the case with many other on this forum, a lot hinges on the citizenship date (e.g. travel dates, etc...)
From now and Oath only thing that can affect your application is you. Doing something illegal or DUI, domestic violence. So sit tight and be cautious then you should be ok.

Jun 1, 2015

Congrats bud. The oath day seem to be further away. I was under the impression that cic gives just a 2 weeks notice. Perhaps that's their next ceremony day available!

cec2011

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 17, 2011
AOR Received.
February 2, 2012
Med's Request
February 7, 2012
Med's Done....
March 1, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
March 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 26, 2012
LANDED..........
May 5, 2012
Mine was also one of the ones that went from decision made to in process... glad to see you got the oath letter, as that makes me feel better about mine also still being in process, and not changing.

hopefully i am also not scheduled on the 16th as ive received nothing! haha

Congrats! I hope you have a happy citizenship day!

Jun 4, 2015
Thanks for your responses all, nope, I am hoping for no domestic violence over the next 4 days! ;)

On a separate note, what do we need to bring to the ceremony? I was planning the PR card, original COPR and passport. Anything I am missing?

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Thanks for your responses all, nope, I am hoping for no domestic violence over the next 4 days! ;)

On a separate note, what do we need to bring to the ceremony? I was planning the PR card, original COPR and passport. Anything I am missing?
The oath letter states that you need to bring the originals of all the documents your submitted with your application (unless your oath letter doesn't). Likely, they won't see all those documents, but if the letter states that, you probably want to have it with you than not

Ray