+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath invitation - Citizenship

Vandana23

Mar 15, 2022
Hello Senior Members,

I completed the citizenship test on Jan 31, 2023 and still awaiting on Oath invitation. Prohibitions,Language skills and physical presence shows "In progress". Citizenship test shows completed. My spouse completed the citizenship test on Mar 18th, 2023 and received the Oath invitation yesterday. Not sure why my application is taking so long. Any suggestions?

Thanks

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hello Senior Members,

I completed the citizenship test on Jan 31, 2023 and still awaiting on Oath invitation. Prohibitions,Language skills and physical presence shows "In progress". Citizenship test shows completed. My spouse completed the citizenship test on Mar 18th, 2023 and received the Oath invitation yesterday. Not sure why my application is taking so long. Any suggestions?

Thanks
You still have to pass everything before oath invitation and so far you haven’t. Your applications are processed individually. You can’t compare one to another.

Last edited:

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I think this happens randomly. I waited 15 months for any updates after the test, ended up filing mandamus. Had language and presence completed last week.
IRCC seems to prioritize recent applications; if you're over 12 months processing time already, there is a lot less motivation for them to work on your application. So it can take a while.