+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath experience

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Hi al, I have a question. My Notice to Appear to write the citizenship test or for verification of documents mentioned that for the interview/test, I MUST bring:
- 1. Government ID
-2. add piece of photo ID
-3. PR
-4. Landing papers confirmation if PR
-5. Current/Expired passports
-6. A CERTIFEID TRANSLATION OF ANY PASSPORTS PAGES THAT HAVE VISAS, ENTRY/EXIT STAMPS, OR NOTES THAT ARE NOT IN ONE CANADA'S OFFICIAL LANGUAGES
-7. Photocopy of the Bio-data pages of all current & Expirted passports in my possession.

Question here is:
CAPITAL LETTERS point No6: Do I need to bring all my stamps (not English) translated by an official translator? I have around 20 pages
Very interesting. My test invite (letter from the Ottawa office) didn't contain items 5. and 6.

SANTY0165

Mar 23, 2014
Very interesting. My test invite (letter from the Ottawa office) didn't contain items 5. and 6.
Sisternc: yes, this is something weird to me. Any one can illustrate what the Test invite letter has requested for your particular cases?
On my Point No6 for entrance/Exit stamp translated to English, I have more than 20 pages with stamps and the amount of money to be paid to have all my stamps translated will be huge. anyone have had the same issue and how you ha addressed it? thanks

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Sisternc: yes, this is something weird to me. Any one can illustrate what the Test invite letter has requested for your particular cases?
On my Point No6 for entrance/Exit stamp translated to English, I have more than 20 pages with stamps and the amount of money to be paid to have all my stamps translated will be huge. anyone have had the same issue and how you ha addressed it? thanks
I suspect it is because IRCC already has your travel records from CBSA and want to verify what you put in your application against the information they have. As noted in another thread, you will need to get your stamps translated and if you do not and they can not read them, you'll stall your own application while you wait to have them done after.

I was also asked to bring my current/expired passports that fell within the dates for my validation for citizenship. I am unsure how/why @sistemc did not have to bring his/hers as that is when they verify your travels.

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not think an infant belongs to the oath ceremony.. get yourself a babysitter for those 90 minutes and let ALL participants enjoy their moment.
See what happened here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/melanie-atcovitch-and-baby-expelled-from-citizenship-ceremony-1.2881411
There is no problem in taking the infants to the Oath ceremonies as long as they don't disturb others. I just wanted to get opinion as who have attended and observed themselves may suggest better as we are very keen to take our kids incl. Infant. Thanks a lot for sharing the story from CBC.

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can only bring the child if he's becoming a canadian along with you. And if you do so, you'll need to invite an adult to the ceremony in all cases : you can't leave the ceremony room at any moment, the person you invite would then take care of the child. Same if he's not becoming canadian... He would then sit with that adult first place :)

Oh, and regarding the link by @foodie69, kinda infortunate, but nothing else. If you think you'd like to have your son or daughter with you, do so. It's a special day to you and you want to share it with your loved ones. Your child is the dearest person to you... Actually, some baby made (small) noise at my ceremony. Didn't bother anyone :)
This is important to know that minor noise by infants can be tolerated. We are very keen to take our kids incl. infant on this special occasion. We have no one to go with us as baby sitter. Lets see what we will do at the end.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
This is important to know that minor noise by infants can be tolerated. We are very keen to take our kids incl. infant on this special occasion. We have no one to go with us as baby sitter. Lets see what we will do at the end.
I highly recommend that you either have someone go with you that can take the infant out of the ceremony room in case he/she gets agitated or leave the infant at home; otherwise the parent who has to leave the room will need to undergo another oath ceremony later as you are not able to leave the room at all for any reason during oath. This of course, presupposes that both parents are taking the Oath together.

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
I received prohibition letter as part of test invite and I signed & returned it during my interview. I didn’t receive a prohibition letter along with my oath invite. Do I have to reprint it from my test invite email? Thanks

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I highly recommend that you either have someone go with you that can take the infant out of the ceremony room in case he/she gets agitated or leave the infant at home; otherwise the parent who has to leave the room will need to undergo another oath ceremony later as you are not able to leave the room at all for any reason during oath. This of course, presupposes that both parents are taking the Oath together.
Thanks a lot for your suggestion. We are thinking to leave the infant with one of the family friend. We understand that this is very risky and we shouldn't take any chance.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
I received prohibition letter as part of test invite and I signed & returned it during my interview. I didn’t receive a prohibition letter along with my oath invite. Do I have to reprint it from my test invite email? Thanks
There shouldn't be a prohibition letter with the oath invite. If anything there is a release form for photos and such...

kais21

Nov 2, 2017
Quick question for you guys: Is it possible to bring a friend that has a citizenship application in process to the oath ceremony ?
According to the oath letter, if someone needs an interpreter or an accompanying person, they must not have a citizenship application in process. The letter doesn't specify if the same restriction applies to friends/family member that are just here to attend.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Quick question for you guys: Is it possible to bring a friend that has a citizenship application in process to the oath ceremony ?
According to the oath letter, if someone needs an interpreter or an accompanying person, they must not have a citizenship application in process. The letter doesn't specify if the same restriction applies to friends/family member that are just here to attend.
Of course you can.

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17,2010 --> Documents Recieved @VO April 2,2010
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Received @Ottawa Feb 17,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Is it normal to receive prohibition letter with oath invite ? Do we sign it on the day of oath ?

gino007

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
If you HAVE to do it, then you will do it. I paid over $250 for my stamps. Simple.