Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We also got our Oath email for Feb 16th from Calgary office. Not sure why it says we will receive Citizenship certificate in 6 months and they thought we are outside canada.

anyone else having this issue? Pls check Page 4 of oath.

Temporary measure: Important information regarding participating in a video oath ceremony outside of Canada
(Citizenship applicants outside of Canada and the USA)
Due to your extenuating circumstances (COVID-19), and in an exceptional case, you have been approved by the Registrar of Canadian Citizenship to participate in your video oath ceremony from outside of Canada. In addition to the ceremony details provided to you, please take note of the important information below:
After the citizenship ceremony, Canadian government systems will be updated to reflect your new status as a Canadian citizen.
Your citizenship certificate(s) will be mailed to the Canadian embassy or consulate abroad that serves the region where you are currently located. You must inform the local IRCC office that invited you to the video oath ceremony, of which Canadian embassy or consulate you wish to have your certificate sent to. Choose the embassy or consulate from the following list (select only one with citizenship / passport services): https://travel.gc.ca/assistance/embassies-consulates.
In your case, because you are outside of Canada, the receipt of your certificate will take longer than indicated in your Notice to Appear. It may take up to 6 months for the Canadian embassy or consulate to receive your certificate. They will notify you once they have received it.
Your status as a Canadian citizen will impact the documentation required for travel/re-entry into Canada. Please visit this website for information on travel documentation requirements for Canadian citizens / dual Canadian citizens. In most cases, your physical (paper) citizenship certificate will be required to obtain documentation for re-entry into Canada (i.e. a Canadian passport).
If you are required to travel before you receive your physical (paper) citizenship certificate, options may exist to obtain a travel document to facilitate your re-entry to Canada. Please contact the nearest Government of Canada office (embassy or consulate) that provides passport services. You can find a listing of Government of Canada offices abroad online at this website for more information.
Please ensure that you understand the implications of becoming a Canadian national / dual national abroad. If you haven’t already, we strongly recommend that you confirm the laws or regulations of your current country of citizenship or the country where you are currently situated (or wish to travel to) to understand whether any complexities exists (i.e. access to Canadian consular services, travel requirements, etc.) Remember that you may not have proof of your Canadian citizenship for 6 months and that you will be asked to destroy your Permanent Resident Card during the ceremony.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss the information above, please contact IRCC at the e-mail address from which the notice to appear for the video oath ceremony was sent, before your ceremony date.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
We also got our Oath email for Feb 16th from Calgary office. Not sure why it says we will receive Citizenship certificate in 6 months and they thought we are outside canada.

anyone else having this issue? Pls check Page 4 of oath.

Temporary measure: Important information regarding participating in a video oath ceremony outside of Canada
(Citizenship applicants outside of Canada and the USA)
Due to your extenuating circumstances (COVID-19), and in an exceptional case, you have been approved by the Registrar of Canadian Citizenship to participate in your video oath ceremony from outside of Canada. In addition to the ceremony details provided to you, please take note of the important information below:
After the citizenship ceremony, Canadian government systems will be updated to reflect your new status as a Canadian citizen.
Your citizenship certificate(s) will be mailed to the Canadian embassy or consulate abroad that serves the region where you are currently located. You must inform the local IRCC office that invited you to the video oath ceremony, of which Canadian embassy or consulate you wish to have your certificate sent to. Choose the embassy or consulate from the following list (select only one with citizenship / passport services): https://travel.gc.ca/assistance/embassies-consulates.
In your case, because you are outside of Canada, the receipt of your certificate will take longer than indicated in your Notice to Appear. It may take up to 6 months for the Canadian embassy or consulate to receive your certificate. They will notify you once they have received it.
Your status as a Canadian citizen will impact the documentation required for travel/re-entry into Canada. Please visit this website for information on travel documentation requirements for Canadian citizens / dual Canadian citizens. In most cases, your physical (paper) citizenship certificate will be required to obtain documentation for re-entry into Canada (i.e. a Canadian passport).
If you are required to travel before you receive your physical (paper) citizenship certificate, options may exist to obtain a travel document to facilitate your re-entry to Canada. Please contact the nearest Government of Canada office (embassy or consulate) that provides passport services. You can find a listing of Government of Canada offices abroad online at this website for more information.
Please ensure that you understand the implications of becoming a Canadian national / dual national abroad. If you haven’t already, we strongly recommend that you confirm the laws or regulations of your current country of citizenship or the country where you are currently situated (or wish to travel to) to understand whether any complexities exists (i.e. access to Canadian consular services, travel requirements, etc.) Remember that you may not have proof of your Canadian citizenship for 6 months and that you will be asked to destroy your Permanent Resident Card during the ceremony.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss the information above, please contact IRCC at the e-mail address from which the notice to appear for the video oath ceremony was sent, before your ceremony date.
Did you ever inform them that you are outside Canada? Were you ever outside Canada during the process?

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you ever inform them that you are outside Canada? Were you ever outside Canada during the process?
No, never. What about your oath email? Is it not same? How many days it says for the Certificate?

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice! Which email id did your receive it from? Is it virtual? Any specific reason for web form?
@wongkc123 & @priu can you please confirm if your oath certificate timeframe also mention 6 months waiting time or just a typo in our oath emails?

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just received the oath email from ircc. Note that I submitted a web form a few days ago. Not sure if that moves thing faster
We received from the same email. This is Calgary office

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Totally agree with you on this. VFS is surely much better I checked their reviews are way better than BLS. I never had good experience with BLS call center when we applied OCI for our kids.
I did my son oci from VFS in US, all documents checked verified in first visit and customer care excellent (BLS I believe was taken off service in US). At time of renewal with BLS in Surrey it took me three visits before they accepted the docs.

Reactions: fastfood

wongkc123

Jun 19, 2019
I think page 4 is specific for people outside of Canada. In page 8, it indicates that people would receive the certificate within 2-4 weeks by regular mail. This gives me an assumption that this is the timeframe for people who are currently reside in Canada.

Reactions: fastfood

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think page 4 is specific for people outside of Canada. In page 8, it indicates that people would receive the certificate within 2-4 weeks by regular mail. This gives me an assumption that this is the timeframe for people who are currently reside in Canada.
That’s good if you have received the same letter. I thought they made a mistake in my letter.
Bdw the tracker stopped working for me from this morning. What about you?

fastfood

Apr 16, 2014
New delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have not checked yet. Still at work so probably will check tonight.
They sent me updated oath letter today by correcting the 6 months time to 4-6 weeks & asked me to ignore the previous letter.