+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath date in scarborough - need help

spetel

Nov 17, 2014
Woot! Hope that's the case. I'll drop a line if and when we get it for others in the same status...

spetel

Nov 17, 2014
vinaypuri said:
In my case, my file was signed off by officer but held by Judge. Since stamps were missing Judge requested RQ.

Now in your case, if you do not receive RQ, you will be good and you may receive oath in next few weeks. But if they find things not clear, they will issue you RQ and ugly wait time starts.
Oh, we already had 3 RQs,
We had two before our test.
After our test - the officer said she approves our application - but after a couple of months we got a note it was sent to a different officer and he requested more information. I'm guessing that's after a judge reviewed it, but can't be sure since they do not update any notes in our file.

So, I just hope this is the last time and that it won't be kicked from the judge yet again...

spetel

Nov 17, 2014
An update, this one is really strange...
We got another request for more documentary evidence...
(got 1 before our test, another at the day of our test after we passed, a third one after our test - which makes this one the 4th).

This one had the correct file number and our names, but the wrong client ID. completely wrong, not even 1 digit was correct.
Also - it requested evidence from 2007(!), we were not even in Canada at that time! We only got our working visa at September 2008, but only claimed dates from April 2009.

Something is very strange in this letter, other than the fact this is the 4th time we are being asked to provide more information... and this letter wasn't even signed! all the other ones were signed by an officer. This was is not.

I'd like your guys advise on what to send as "proof of domicile at all addresses declared"...

I've included property tax, mortgages, gas and hydro utility bills, as well as rent and house purchase/sale agreements. Does that considered enough proof?

They also asked for "proof of employment/business activities". What does that mean? will my pay slips be enough, or do they actually need proof of the work we did as well?
See, during this time we transitioned from direct employees to opening our own business, and we started invoicing from our company to our employer. So, do you think if I include invoices from my business to the company who employed us will that be enough? I also added a letter from the employer stating clearly that we continue to work there, first by pay slips and later as contractors.
Also I've included our notice of assessments. Any idea on what else I should include?

What about months that I did not get a pay slip but took a dividend? will that hurt my proof?

We are a little lost for words here, I don't know what else to send, most of these things were already requested and sent in the other letters we got, this is the 4th request asking for similar documents...

Should we get a lawyer?!

Please help!! I've also contacted my MP to see if they can check what is going on with our case for us, but reading in this forum I'm not sure if this will do any good or make it worst.

Any advise would be very much appreciated.
Please help, anyone who was in this situation and knows what we should do... I'm compiling all documents and got over 307 pages by now to print, and I am not done yet...
Thanks!

desigirltoronto84

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Advising from common sense not from experience. So, perhaps wait till some one more exp. responses to this:

1) re: the incorrect client id: you should point that out clearly in your cover letter
2) Please don't forgot to include a cover letter clearly detailing what docs you are sending
3) re: proof of employment you can give three things - T4, Pay slips and a letter from your employer.
4) re: proof of domicile - that should be enough. Feel free to include bank n credit card statements showing your address, Phone n Internet bills etc. if you have not already
5) I am not sure a lawyer can help here. He will ask you to submit all the relevant documents.

You can do a second ATIP request on your file to see the notes on it. May give you a better idea why they sent a 4th RQ.

I reached out to my MP during my PR process. They were helpful back then. I am not sure how much influence they can exercise on the citizenship process.

So sorry to hear about your case though. I would say hang in there and after you have submitted all documents. Give it a month and submit a ATIP request under privacy act and also send a case specific inquiry.

Hope this helps.

spetel

Nov 17, 2014
Sent, printed 320 pages + some originals they required.

Printing and shipping set me back about 150$, I just hope this is the last one...

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spetel said:
An update, this one is really strange...
We got another request for more documentary evidence...
(got 1 before our test, another at the day of our test after we passed, a third one after our test - which makes this one the 4th).

This one had the correct file number and our names, but the wrong client ID. completely wrong, not even 1 digit was correct.
Also - it requested evidence from 2007(!), we were not even in Canada at that time! We only got our working visa at September 2008, but only claimed dates from April 2009.

Something is very strange in this letter, other than the fact this is the 4th time we are being asked to provide more information... and this letter wasn't even signed! all the other ones were signed by an officer. This was is not.

I'd like your guys advise on what to send as "proof of domicile at all addresses declared"...

I've included property tax, mortgages, gas and hydro utility bills, as well as rent and house purchase/sale agreements. Does that considered enough proof?

They also asked for "proof of employment/business activities". What does that mean? will my pay slips be enough, or do they actually need proof of the work we did as well?
See, during this time we transitioned from direct employees to opening our own business, and we started invoicing from our company to our employer. So, do you think if I include invoices from my business to the company who employed us will that be enough? I also added a letter from the employer stating clearly that we continue to work there, first by pay slips and later as contractors.
Also I've included our notice of assessments. Any idea on what else I should include?

What about months that I did not get a pay slip but took a dividend? will that hurt my proof?

We are a little lost for words here, I don't know what else to send, most of these things were already requested and sent in the other letters we got, this is the 4th request asking for similar documents...

Should we get a lawyer?!

Please help!! I've also contacted my MP to see if they can check what is going on with our case for us, but reading in this forum I'm not sure if this will do any good or make it worst.

Any advise would be very much appreciated.
Please help, anyone who was in this situation and knows what we should do... I'm compiling all documents and got over 307 pages by now to print, and I am not done yet...
Thanks!
Wow! FOUR (4) RQs!!! I feel you my friend and wish you good luck.
Cheers,

spetel

Nov 17, 2014
Update: Got a letter, within just a few days of when I sent my documents.
Saying they received my documents and that me and my wife are invited to meet with a judge to review our time in Canada.

Should we hire a lawyer? Should we be worried or is this a good sign?

We done nothing wrong, and we both have a lot of extra time (I got about extra 100 days, and my wife over 300 days).
Also - almost all my trips are for work, but I still removed them (got 100 days extra after I took them off).

What should I bring?

Here is what we are planning to bring, please let me know if you have more ideas, or at all - what do you think about this judge meeting invitation... we are totally scared!

We will bring:
1. our kids original birth certificates who were born in Canada during that time
2. credit card statements for all these years
3. original utilities bills, but we pay online so they are not stamped or anything...
4. original rent, purchase and sale agreements on the house
5. college transcript - they already have our originals as we were asked to mail them
6. original landing papers, visa, working visa, and permanent resident
7. all our passports

Is there a risk of the judge rejecting our application due to missing stamps in my passport?
My pay slips are sent via PDF, I pay all my bills online, I'm afraid he will look at that and say he is not convinced...
Is there a place to bring friends who know us and can testify on our behalf?
letter from employer - we already gave them at least 8 letters from the employer confirming we work here, should I drag the owner to come with me and testify? I actually am a partner myself and own some shares of the company - does that hurt my case?

I heard it is most important to demonstrate strong ties to Canada - owning a house, a job, having shares in a Canadian company, having 2 kids born here and go to school here - is that not enough?

Any reply would help, especially from people who faced a judge and can tell us what to expect...

Thanks!

spetel

Nov 17, 2014
FYI if anyone uses this as reference:
Got ceremony date today, June 15 2015.

In the meeting with the judge, she was very nice but professional. It turned out we submitted the application with only 1 extra day for me.
Reason: when we did the calculation and saw I qualify, we waited a few weeks to submit the application but DID NOT recalculate my dates.
I assumed the dates for the application would end on the application date, but no - they look at the dates you have on your calculation.

So, since I only had 1 extra day, the judge went over with me 1 by 1 for every travel and stamp and we found it very close.
She said she will ask for Canada border records, which for some reason after over 2 years of having my file - that information was never received.
She offered to just reject and have me re-submit, to which I said it would probably cause a heart attack to my wife.

She also said there would be another delay since they had to get another clearance from RCMP since the one they had expired.

So, in any case, once I got home I looked at the dates and saw a date I reported but that I did not travel since I cancelled last minute because I was sick.
I sent her that information in a letter, but I have no way of knowing if it helped. It should have given me 2-3 more extra days.

In any case, we got the ceremony invitation for July 1st, Canada day, they are doing something special outdoors - excited and happy.

Already got a whole box of fireworks to celebrate properly after.

Oh - and, most important, my wife won't kill me after all.