+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath ceremony

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks, I passed my test on March 28, nothing after that so how long to wait for interview and oath , any idea
I think I already answered that. There is no timeline. Check the spreadsheet in my signature to get a very ball park figure but that's about it. Timelines are erratic and there is no pattern.

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
My tracker is showing interview scheduled for tomorrow but I have not received any correspondence. The tracker was also just updated today. Everything other than the oath shows complete and I have decision made on old tracker (just checked again). Any suggestions or experience?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My tracker is showing interview scheduled for tomorrow but I have not received any correspondence. The tracker was also just updated today. Everything other than the oath shows complete and I have decision made on old tracker (just checked again). Any suggestions or experience?
You might get a call tomorrow from and the officer will likely cancel the interview.

They might ask you to email all pages of your passport to them.

This has been happening to a few applicants lately.

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
You might get a call tomorrow from and the officer will likely cancel the interview.

They might ask you to email all pages of your passport to them.

This has been happening to a few applicants lately.
Yes I think this has happened to a few applicants. Just weird that it shows interview scheduled after "Decision Made". Usually always seen people getting DM a few days after interview. Called the call center and agent told me they see Interview scheduled but they also do not see any communication sent either. So all they see is what I see lol but relieved that I cannot be penalized unnecessarily.

Last edited:
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rahulsepco

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent along with application
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
very soon this year
Did my test last month and got invitation to oath ceremony updated to my profile. I have not received any documentation or letter on what to bring or prepare. Ceremony is in July. Anyone still waiting? Ontario Oshawa
Hi when did u passed ur test?? I passed mine on june9/21 but nothing updated, still waiting for oath ceremony
Thanks

EmmEmm

Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
Passport Req..
25-09-2015
My oath ceremony is on Aug 21 however still no email from CIC. is this normal ?

Reactions: nicolass

Siri2912

Aug 8, 2021
I lost my PR card and applied for replacement in April 2021.However I passed citizenship test and next step would be oath ceremony.Do they conduct oath ceremony if replaced PR is not yet received.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I lost my PR card and applied for replacement in April 2021.However I passed citizenship test and next step would be oath ceremony.Do they conduct oath ceremony if replaced PR is not yet received.
Yeah. You can simply tell them you've lost it and you might have to fill in a declaration form and provide it during the ceremony. You'll find the instructions to that in your oath invite email.

Good luck!

eng2794

May 15, 2015
Can i travell after my oath and apply for my first time canadian passport from abroad ( canadian embassy )??