+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath ceremony

Chewiii

May 1, 2021
Did my test last month and got invitation to oath ceremony updated to my profile. I have not received any documentation or letter on what to bring or prepare. Ceremony is in July. Anyone still waiting? Ontario Oshawa

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Did my test last month and got invitation to oath ceremony updated to my profile. I have not received any documentation or letter on what to bring or prepare. Ceremony is in July. Anyone still waiting? Ontario Oshawa
You'll receive an email close to the date of your citizenship ceremony.

Elchinec

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
When did you first apply?

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
1. Have your PR card with you with a good pair of scissors.

2. Working computer with mic+camera.

3. For ID purposes, health card or driver's license and foreign passport even if expired.

4. Oath form that you will receive in email. Print it (one for each family member). Leave it blank and on the day of Oath, the officer will tell you when to fill it and what to do with it afterwards.

rpanchal

Apr 8, 2015
Thank you, your reply is helpful.

In my case i did pass my citizenship test in March 2021, still waiting for oath invitation.

next moth in july my PR card and passport is due expire, should i renew my PR card ?
do i need valid passport for candian citizen ship or canada passport application?

regards,

1. Have your PR card with you with a good pair of scissors.

2. Working computer with mic+camera.

3. For ID purposes, health card or driver's license and foreign passport even if expired.

4. Oath form that you will receive in email. Print it (one for each family member). Leave it blank and on the day of Oath, the officer will tell you when to fill it and what to do with it afterwards.
thank

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you, your reply is helpful.

In my case i did pass my citizenship test in March 2021, still waiting for oath invitation.

next moth in july my PR card and passport is due expire, should i renew my PR card ?

Only if you plan to travel (You don't need a valid PR card for citizenship ceremony). However, like I mentioned elsewhere, it is best to renew it just in case there is an emergency and you have to travel out of the country.

do i need valid passport for candian citizen ship or canada passport application?

No.

regards,

thank

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Does the oath ceremony show “Not Started” unless you are scheduled for a specific date?

mehru

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Hello friend, after citizenship test only test our oath ceremony will be online or we hv to present there physically

mehru

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Thanks for reply, I live in Manitoba so is it ok if I attent interview and oath ceremony in Ontario? Please reply