+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Ceremony Travel plan questions

ryanvik

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
I have seen some people being asked the question that if they have a travel plan in next 2 to 4 weeks. Is there a downside to tell that you have a travel plan and you need citizenship certificate earlier? Would that mean, they would push your oath ceremony to later date? I am just panicking what should I do?

ryanvik

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
I have seen some people being asked the question that if they have a travel plan in next 2 to 4 weeks. Is there a downside to tell that you have a travel plan and you need citizenship certificate earlier? Would that mean, they would push your oath ceremony to later date? I am just panicking what should I do?
Any help?

RamyMN

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
The oath invite specifically states not to plan any travel within 2 to 4 weeks of the oath date, asks that applicants that have essential travel plans to reschedule the oath.

That gives the IRCC clerk the right to reschedule your oath if you happen to have travel plans within the above mentioned timeframe.
This could well be their response especially if the oath invite was received 3 - 4 weeks prior to the oath date.

However, some forum users reported that the clerk was very nice and expedited their certificate which they received in time for their trips.
I guess depends on the clerk more to say.

Hoosegow

Feb 16, 2023
If you'll say it, they're rescheduling your oath with 100% probability. RamyMN said everything right above

nikta

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
If your PR card has been expired, there is no worries about anything. You can ask them to expedite your certificate. Because they never do any reschedule for you, they know u can not leave country with expired PR . So u can ask them .3 March is my ceremony, I’m gonna ask the clerk to provide my certificate and then I’m coming to Montreal office to pickup, because I got appointment for service canada to issue my passport. And then let u know everything, no worries

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
The oath invite specifically states not to plan any travel within 2 to 4 weeks of the oath date, asks that applicants that have essential travel plans to reschedule the oath.

That gives the IRCC clerk the right to reschedule your oath if you happen to have travel plans within the above mentioned timeframe.
This could well be their response especially if the oath invite was received 3 - 4 weeks prior to the oath date.

However, some forum users reported that the clerk was very nice and expedited their certificate which they received in time for their trips.
I guess depends on the clerk more to say.
Having travel plans does not give automatically give IRCC the right to reschedule the oath. They will ask you if you have travel plans and would like to postpone your oath, because the certificate may be delayed and they will not guarantee expedited delivery.

It's your choice if you want to go ahead with the oath or if you would prefer to travel instead and reschedule your oath.

Following the online oath, in the email with the signed declaration, I politely requested for it to be expedited and thanked the officer for conducting the ceremony. Got the certificate in exactly 7 days.

Reactions: SAKARUN