+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath ceremony scheduled almost 7 months after passing the exam and the ceremony got cancelled!!

ABCDSK1234

Apr 25, 2017
I passed my citizenship exam on the first week of February this year. I have been waiting for the oath invitation since then. I spoke with a ircc agent in April/May and I was told that my citizenship grant application has been approved and just need to wait for the oath ceremony. Two weeks ago, the citizenship application tracker was showing that my oath ceremony has been scheduled on the last week of August. Then, just one day before the scheduled oath ceremony, I got an email saying my oath ceremony has been cancelled. It has been almost 7 months since passing the citizenship test and i am still waiting for the precious oath ceremony! Anyone in the same situation? I would appreciate it if you could share your experiences.

luna.a

Jan 29, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
26-09-2015
I passed my citizenship exam on the first week of February this year. I have been waiting for the oath invitation since then. I spoke with a ircc agent in April/May and I was told that my citizenship grant application has been approved and just need to wait for the oath ceremony. Two weeks ago, the citizenship application tracker was showing that my oath ceremony has been scheduled on the last week of August. Then, just one day before the scheduled oath ceremony, I got an email saying my oath ceremony has been cancelled. It has been almost 7 months since passing the citizenship test and i am still waiting for the precious oath ceremony! Anyone in the same situation? I would appreciate it if you could share your experiences.
I have been waiting since Jan 2021 after passing my test and no oath invitation till this moment :(

• Wow
Reactions: harirajmohan

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
maybe because of your fingerprints that got expired

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
That's odd. They didn't give you a reason why it was cancelled?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
maybe because of your fingerprints that got expired
No. Expiry of criminality clearance (which was obtained with or without fingerprints) will NOT affect the application after Decision Made. The clearances need to be valid only until a decision is made on the application, not until oath AFAIK.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
That is just sad! I'm so sorry. Did they give you a reason as to why the ceremony was cancelled?

I sincerely hope you receive another oath invite soon! Wish you all the very best!

v1979

Mar 28, 2015
Any update on your cancelled Oath?

v1979

Mar 28, 2015
Hi. Any update on your Cancelled Oath? I am on same situation. Supposed to be Septemeber but a day before they emailed me due to pending clearances. Calgary office.

v1979

Mar 28, 2015
Any update regarding your cancelled Oath?