+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath ceremony-Ottawa

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
beauhoe said:
Hello elen1984,
Hmmmm! It sounds very strange to me too. As you know, I applied for my passport on Friday and everything goes well without that phantom picture. Let me assure you that I did not get one and nobody at passport Canada asked me about it. A normal explanation I could give for the submission of two passport pictures with the application is that one stays with the heard quarter (Sydney) and the other one with our local CIC. If what your friend is telling you is true, then let me recognize my limit to give a clear explanation of that CIC behavior. Nevertheless, the rules are changing every second and everything is possible.
How was your weekend?
Be blessed my friend.
Cheers,
Yes, maybe the rule is changed as you said ,tomorrow I'll apply for the passport and I'll see if they ask me about this photo .
My weekend was awesome, how about you ?

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elen1984 said:
Yes, maybe the rule is changed as you said ,tomorrow I'll apply for the passport and I'll see if they ask me about this photo .
My weekend was awesome, how about you ?
You are going to be fine my friend. Just make sure that you signed all the forms with your guarantor and have appropriate references. In addition, you need two passport pictures and one should be signed by your guarantor.
My weekend was just fine. Still feeling like a superman after the oath. I was around the house but away from my gadgets and went to church this morning to see what God has to tell me about my first Sunday as a Canadian.
Best wishes my friend.
Cheers,

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
beauhoe said:
Very thoughtful. Thank you my friend. I applied for my passport today, receiving date December 30th. The up coming new year is going to be awesome.

Cheers,

So I assume that you sent your passport application by mail ?
because applying in person only takes 10 days !!

Good luck!

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
beauhoe said:
Hello elen1984,
Hmmmm! It sounds very strange to me too. As you know, I applied for my passport on Friday and everything goes well without that phantom picture. Let me assure you that I did not get one and nobody at passport Canada asked me about it. A normal explanation I could give for the submission of two passport pictures with the application is that one stays with the headquarter (Sydney) and the other one with our local CIC. If what your friend is telling you is true, then let me recognize my limit to give a clear explanation of that CIC behavior. Nevertheless, the rules are changing every second and everything is possible.
How was your weekend?
Be blessed my friend.
Cheers,

you may wanna check this out !!!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canadian-citizen-now-what-who-to-inform-and-useful-stuff-t259236.0.html

check #5

I just found out about that extra photo they return to some new citizen's along with the citizenship certificate.

But i think NOT the Ottawa office , because it would be very weird if they did returned it only to some new citizen's and some other's not .

In addition , i'm not sure how important that photo is ? and what's the reason for keeping it with the certificate ?

Good luck!

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
elen1984 said:
Hi beauhoe no it's not a mistake my friend told me all the people who were in the Ceremony they return to them one photo with the certificate and when she went to apply for the passport the clerk ask her about it and she said to her to don't scrap it and keep it with the certificate , it sound strange, did they ask u about the photo when you apply?
How about you ottawa2013 did they return to you one photo with your certificate

Hey elen , No i didn't get one and this is the first time i hear about it

But i realized that new citizen's who rec'd that photo with the certificate are not from Ottawa so I'd assume they're from other CIC offices but not the Ottawa office !!! because even the citizenship certificate looks different depends on your province !

I didn't had a chance to apply on Friday, but ill do it today in person and let's see if they will ask about that photo.

Good luck!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OTTAWA2013 said:
So I assume that you sent your passport application by mail ?
because applying in person only takes 10 days !!

Good luck!
I applied in person and I do not need it until the first week of January so it should be fine.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OTTAWA2013 said:
you may wanna check this out !!!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/canadian-citizen-now-what-who-to-inform-and-useful-stuff-t259236.0.html

check #5

I just found out about that extra photo they return to some new citizen's along with the citizenship certificate.

But i think NOT the Ottawa office , because it would be very weird if they did returned it only to some new citizen's and some other's not .

In addition , i'm not sure how important that photo is ? and what's the reason for keeping it with the certificate ?

Good luck!
Wow! This is quirky. The picture should be glued on the certificate. I am sure that Ottawa knows better.

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
OTTAWA2013 said:
Hey elen , No i didn't get one and this is the first time i hear about it

But i realized that new citizen's who rec'd that photo with the certificate are not from Ottawa so I'd assume they're from other CIC offices but not the Ottawa office !!! because even the citizenship certificate looks different depends on your province !

I didn't had a chance to apply on Friday, but ill do it today in person and let's see if they will ask about that photo.

Good luck!
Actually my friend was told me about this photo , she is just became a Canadian citizen on April ,2014 in Ottawa office , she told me maybe I dropped it in the the room , but i see a lot people didn't get it , I don't think it's important, I just applied this morning and the agent didn't ask me about it, when I told her she said , yes some return to them , she said maybe the rule is changed , it's kinda of worried not too necessary .

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elen1984 said:
Actually my friend was told me about this photo , she is just became a Canadian citizen on April ,2014 in Ottawa office , she told me maybe I dropped it in the the room , but i see a lot people didn't get it , I don't think it's important, I just applied this morning and the agent didn't ask me about it, when I told her she said , yes some return to them , she said maybe the rule is changed , it's kinda of worried not too necessary .
Good to hear that! So when are you going to get your new passport?
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear OTTAWA 2013,
Did you have the chance to submit you passport application today? If yes, when are you going to get it back?
Cheers,

bidur78

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
I am applying for passport tomorrow in person at passport Canada office..Can't wait to see Blue Passport..

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bidur78 said:
I am applying for passport tomorrow in person at passport Canada office..Can't wait to see Blue Passport..
I heard you my friend! Are you planning to visit somewhere?
Cheers,

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
beauhoe said:
Dear OTTAWA 2013,
Did you have the chance to submit you passport application today? If yes, when are you going to get it back?
Cheers,

Yes i applied today , Receiving date is on the 30th , it was super busy too , i guess so many people are traveling for the holidays , plus all the new citizen's , anyways... passport agent didn't mention anything about the extra photo, even tho i saw a few people at the office applying for the passport and they had the photo right on the bottom of the certificate :eek:

I really don't think it's important , Unlike the old citizenship Card which was a wallet size card with a photo since they stopped issuing that one and replaced it with the new certificate, the rules says the new citizenship certificate has No photo,
So I guess nothing to worry about !!

Good luck guys

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OTTAWA2013 said:
Yes i applied today , Receiving date is on the 30th , it was super busy too , i guess so many people are traveling for the holidays , plus all the new citizen's , anyways... passport agent didn't mention anything about the extra photo, even tho i saw a few people at the office applying for the passport and they had the photo right on the bottom of the certificate :eek:

I really don't think it's important , Unlike the old citizenship Card which was a wallet size card with a photo since they stopped issuing that one and replaced it with the new certificate, the rules says the new citizenship certificate has No photo,
So I guess nothing to worry about !!

Good luck guys
You did it! Actually if you take off the weekends and the holidays it is like 8-9 days.
Cheers,

freemind66

Nov 19, 2014
Hi guys
I applied for the passport today and received it in same day (urgent basis) and no body asks about that said photo.
good luck in your new canadian version of life.
cheers