+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath ceremony-Ottawa

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Hello guys, I hope everyone is good
Beauhoe and Ottawa2013 tomorrow you have the oath good luck to you freinds :) enjoy the ceremony
I wonder if your E-case update yet!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elen1984 said:
Hello guys, I hope everyone is good
Beauhoe and Ottawa2013 tomorrow you have the oath good luck to you freinds :) enjoy the ceremony
I wonder if your E-case update yet!
Thank you my friend. I know that you have been very busy but sometimes I wondering if you've forgotten us.
Since I got the brown baby, I completely forgot about e-cas and I am not going to check it until I get my passport.
Any update at your end?
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ae03yy said:
Hi everyone, congrats to those that made it and those awaiting to get their oath this week.

Also, I wonder whether we ought to get new SIN.. Many are preoccupied by getting ppt, but is that all we need to do or is there something else. Is there a checklist for us to get organized according to our priorities?
Hi ae03yy,
We do not need a new SIN, the one that we have should be for life I would guess. For the passport I think it is not important if you have no plan to travel (outside Canada). In my case, I need one ppt for my trip to Tokyo in January and elen1987 needs one to go back home and spend great New Year with family. I am sure that OTTAWA2013 has his own reasons.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The clock is ticking for this morning oath takers. Tick, tick, tick, tick...

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
Hello everyone!!

I'm back to share my experience, after becoming a proud Canadian Citizen today :)

my citizenship journey is mow completed :D :D

* Today I took the Oath and received my Canadian citizenship certificate , what a great moment !!! 87 new citizen from 33 different countries.

* When we entered the ceremony hall, they checked only the invitation letter, and took away our PR cards for good so you won't see it again lol :)
along with the consent form signed and dated.
* After that we were asked to sign 2 signatures on another form like the one you signed previously at the test time ,
it states that you have No ongoing or bending criminal record , or under investigation , it also states that you will say the Oath.
* Then, we were asked to take seats as per the number stated on our invitation letter.
* The CIC clerk gave us the relevant instructions and answered our queries before the Citizenship Judge entered the ceremony room.
* Then, the CJ addressed us for 15 minutes - it was very nice lady. After that, we took oaths in English and French. Then, the CJ addressed us again
for about 20 minutes.then everyone was called In order by name to receive the Citizenship Certificate. After that, we all sang O Canada for the
first time as Canadian citizens.
* after that, the CIC clerk gave us some information such as the Cultural Access Pass registration, applying for Canadian passport, etc.
* After that, the CJ gave us the opportunity for taking pictures with her.
* The entire ceremony (including taking pictures) lasted for about 75 minutes
* It took me 12 months to complete the process from start to finish , Not bad of a processing time, considering it's Ottawa office :) the slowest

I'd like to Thank you guys for all the support, and keep up the good work.
Best of luck to all the applicant's who are still in the journey and waiting for test / Oath

bidur78

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
congrats ottawa 2013 for being a canadian citizen finally!! How do you feel now after being a citizen of another country!! Does your country of origin recognize dual citizenship ?

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
bidur78 said:
ottawa 2013,

you haven't got your certificate yet..and you already have your passport photos taken...desperate to have blue passport huh!!

LOL @ bidur78

:D No Not desperate , I have No travel plans, just had the chance to prepare the application while i was waiting and before the holiday's
BTW, i took my sweet time when i applied for my citizenship as I was Eligible to apply for it In September, 2012
But i applied in November, 2013, so i had over 14 months buffer lol , So i would of had the passport a year ago maybe
Now sure I'd like to get it before the new year :)

Good luck to you.

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
beauhoe said:
I am back from Oglivie Road and I am pleased to inform you that I like the quality of the picture. I am not a complicated person but for some reasons I hated all the passport pictures I have been taking for the past four years. It is different this time. I look young, hot and handsome to the point I can't keep my eyes off it. I think my glasses have been messing up my face for all these years.
I have seen some friends passport where the pictures are like oh oh! and I promise myself not to hide my Canadian passport to anybody at least for the coming ten years. Well I could not do that without the assistance of OTTAWA2013 and all of you.
You just made my day.

I'm glad that you like the place my friend

Cheers :)