Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
elen1984 said:
Thank you so much friend , oh yes now I'm relaxed 8) 8), my journey is almost over , I hope the best for you too , :)

thank you elen

so when are you going to apply for your passport ?

Good luck!

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
bidur78 said:
Congratulations Elen1984 ..What time is your oath ? Mine is at 8.45 AM.
Thanks bidur78, mine at 10:45a.m, you're going to become a Canadian citizens
2 hours Before me :D :D

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we have anybody taking the oath on Monday?
Happy last weekend for next week oath takers.

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
OTTAWA2013 said:
thank you elen

so when are you going to apply for your passport ?

Good luck!
I'm going to submit mine on December,15 th , I didn't fill my application yet I have the weekend so plenty time I'll have it , I hope to finish everything before the next year ;) ,to start 2015 positive +++++

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
elen1984 said:
I'm going to submit mine on December,15 th , I didn't fill my application yet I have the weekend so plenty time I'll have it , I hope to finish everything before the next year ;) ,to start 2015 positive +++++
for you elen & everyone else going to apply for his/her passport soon

Don't worry elen you should be able to since it only takes 8-10 days ......... and guys I suggest that If you don't have any urgent travel date then apply in person and use the regular process, Receiving by mail since it's FASTER than picking up in person, i found out that from another thread , and This is because the passport is mailed to you directly as soon as it is ready, and it cost 160$ for the 10 years one, so 20$ cheaper than the pick up, where as picking up it's 180$ , and you can Not pick up the passport until the 2 weeks or whatever time given on the receipt have lapsed, even if it was ready before that time,The only issue with receiving it by mail is someone needs to sign for it, so if no-one is home it will go back to Canada Post, then you'll have to pick it up from there!

Hope this helps ..... Good luck guys

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OTTAWA2013 said:
for you elen & everyone else going to apply for his/her passport soon

Don't worry elen you should be able to since it only takes 8-10 days ......... and guys I suggest that If you don't have any urgent travel date then apply in person and use the regular process, Receiving by mail since it's FASTER than picking up in person, i found out that from another thread , and This is because the passport is mailed to you directly as soon as it is ready, and it cost 160$ for the 10 years one, so 20$ cheaper than the pick up, where as picking up it's 180$ , and you can Not pick up the passport until the 2 weeks or whatever time given on the receipt have lapsed, even if it was ready before that time,The only issue with receiving it by mail is someone needs to sign for it, so if no-one is home it will go back to Canada Post, then you'll have to pick it up from there!

Hope this helps ..... Good luck guys
I think it is very important to show up as a good looking citizen and then go home and relax.

Egypt007

Star Member
Feb 29, 2008
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the replies back!

Yes, it's time to wait for the last step! the Oath!, I'm hoping I get it by Feb.

Congrats to all who are having there Oath this week! Have an amazing time!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Egypt007 said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the replies back!

Yes, it's time to wait for the last step! the Oath!, I'm hoping I get it by Feb.

Congrats to all who are having there Oath this week! Have an amazing time!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Thank you Egypt007,
We wish you the best.
Cheers,

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
beauhoe said:
Any recommendation on where to get quality passport pictures?

Shopper's Drug Mart: $11.99

Loblaws/Real Canadian Superstore (which is where I ended up): $11.99 ......... the best so far!

Walmart: Ugh. Don't go to Walmart. :)

Costco: $6.99

Henry’s (henrys.com): $11.99

Superior Photo (Westgate Mall): $13.99

Sooter’s Ottawa (sootersottawa.com): $14.99

Sears (searsportrait.ca): $17.99

Black’s (blacks.ca): $21.99

Good luck!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OTTAWA2013 said:
Shopper's Drug Mart: $11.99

Loblaws/Real Canadian Superstore (which is where I ended up): $11.99 ......... the best so far!

Walmart: Ugh. Don't go to Walmart. :)

Costco: $6.99

Henry's (henrys.com): $11.99

Superior Photo (Westgate Mall): $13.99

Sooter's Ottawa (sootersottawa.com): $14.99

Sears (searsportrait.ca): $17.99

Black's (blacks.ca): $21.99

Good luck!
Do you mean Loblaws is the best? I do not care about the fees, I just don't want to look like a prisoner in my new passport.

OTTAWA2013

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
LANDED PR 2009
beauhoe said:
Do you mean Loblaws is the best? I do not care about the fees, I just don't want to look like a prisoner in my new passport.

lol yes , and these are just different options , i tried Walmart in the past and i did not like it
this time i went to loblaws and it's very nice quality