Oath ceremony-Ottawa

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fortheloveofcanada said:
Hello everyone..
I am still in process after i made the test on the 18th of november..! :( anyone in the same situation?
Is this normal to b still in process after more than a month n a half.. I had a smooth interview..
In the same boat, last week, I got a letter for FP request.

Fortheloveofcanada

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
@jcyj

Can u pls tell me when exactly was ur test?? The 18th of november also??
Did the officer mention anything like that during ur interview?
Thank u so much for ur help

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fortheloveofcanada said:
@jcyj

Can u pls tell me when exactly was ur test?? The 18th of november also??
Did the officer mention anything like that during ur interview?
Thank u so much for ur help
No, I did my test on 7th December in Montreal, I saw that most of people from this office got their status changed to DM several days after test, but the mine is still IP for 1 month, finally, I got the letter for FP last Monday.
During the interview, the officer didn't mention anything about the FP request, she just said everything is Ok and I will be invited to take the oath ceremony in 1-2 months. Probably, she didn't know everything about my case, as you know how they work.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
jcyj said:
No, I did my test on 7th December in Montreal, I saw that most of people from this office got their status changed to DM several days after test, but the mine is still IP for 1 month, finally, I got the letter for FP last Monday.
During the interview, the officer didn't mention anything about the FP request, she just said everything is Ok and I will be invited to take the oath ceremony in 1-2 months. Probably, she didn't know everything about my case, as you know how they work.
Dont worry, FP complete process take about 3- 4 weeks max or earlier.

As you might be aware, when name and certain details of two individuals closely matchs, the CIC get suspicious and wants to get the FP for records and more clarity.

Once they get the FP result, they will quickly process it. Wish you all the best.

jcyj

Star Member
Feb 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Dont worry, FP complete process take about 3- 4 weeks max or earlier.

As you might be aware, when name and certain details of two individuals closely matchs, the CIC get suspicious and wants to get the FP for records and more clarity.

Once they get the FP result, they will quickly process it. Wish you all the best.
Thanks Canadiandesi2006 for the information; Yes, I agree with you, it could be my name which is similar or same to someone else who has criminal record; I also got FP request during my PR application.

Fortheloveofcanada

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Still in process! After i had my test on the 18th of november.. I feel so down.. Any news from anyone??? Is any one still in process or recently got their oath invite with their ecas showing in process??

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Fortheloveofcanada said:
Still in process! After i had my test on the 18th of november.. I feel so down.. Any news from anyone??? Is any one still in process or recently got their oath invite with their ecas showing in process??
Nothing to report from my end. Same old IP, no ecas update and no letter.

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
tiarachel85 said:
Ottawa gone from the ceremony list ???

cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx
I still see the January dates...?

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
tiarachel85 said:
No;its not. Try to clear your cache

What dates you are seeing?
I still see January 18-21 dates...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx#resultList

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anybody waiting for rescheduled oath ? or any idea how long it takes after missing the original one on Dec 15th in Ottawa.

S

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Simp said:
Anybody waiting for rescheduled oath ? or any idea how long it takes after missing the original one on Dec 15th in Ottawa.

S
There was a member that was rescheduled from dec to January... It's hard to tell with Ottawa sometimes

Out of curiosity, when did you have your test? And did your ecas change to DM after the test?

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Had my test in october and has a FP request then and then oath invite was for december 15.No it did not change to DM until oath invite.

S

nncs said:
There was a member that was rescheduled from dec to January... It's hard to tell with Ottawa sometimes

Out of curiosity, when did you have your test? And did your ecas change to DM after the test?