Oath ceremony-Ottawa

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LApollo said:
I got mine for the 19th of this month!
Wow! Congratulations my friend! Did you receive the pass to visit our museums as well as the 50% discount on via rail tickets for one year as a member?

LApollo

Mar 18, 2014
Not yet, I think i should get it later on after the ceremony?

Do you know how long after i have to wait to apply for the passport?

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LApollo said:
Not yet, I think i should get it later on after the ceremony?

Do you know how long after i have to wait to apply for the passport?
Oh! I see. You can apply for your passport 48 hrs after the oath; appropriate time for CIC to transfer your information to Passport Canada. It is always better to apply in person and ask them to deliver it to your address. Mine took only 5 business days.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OTTAWA2013 said:
Hello everyone !!!

Congratulation's to all of you who recently became a Canadian Citizen's , & i wish you all the very best of luck.

One important piece of advice for all new Citizen's , I know for sure that the first thing to come on mind or on the ( to Do list ) for everyone who recently became a Canadian Citizen is to apply for the Canadian passport which is important for sure :)

But more important is MAKE SURE and Check whether you are registered on the National Register of Electors or Not by entering your personal information on the online form in the link provided below

As a registered elector, you will receive a Voter Information Card during the next election period to inform you where to vote and you will automatically be included on the lists of electors.

Please see ....
https://ereg.elections.ca/CWelcome.aspx

Please Note...... if you are Not registered , you can register Online or by Calling 1-800-463-6868

Good luck to everyone!!!
Two months post-oath, I received a correspondence from " Le Directeur General des Elections du Quebec" telling me that my name has been added to the election list in Quebec. I think the federal should do the same through Elections Canada if you checked "yes" on the section 9 (page 5) of your application.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
teh_duder said:
Applied March 2014, Tested October 2014. Ceremony Feb 17th 2015.
Congratulations my friend! Did you apply alone or with family?
This month, Ottawa has a total of three days (16th, 17th and 18th) for oath.
Wish you the best my friend.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fares1233 said:
Hi
what are the ceremonies dates in Ottawa in march?
Thanks
This month Ottawa got five days: 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19th. March is not listed yet.
Cheers,

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
beauhoe said:
This month Ottawa got five days: 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19th. March is not listed yet.
Cheers,
That's news. What test dates are covered in these ceremonies? Are oct,nov test takers called for?

12om3

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shenshen said:
I think Nov,Dec,Jan test takers ,my friend it was Jan test taker he already take Oath today. : :eek:
Wow ! congrats for your friend :)
Do you know which date on Jan was your friend test?

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ottawa oath ceremony new dates: March 9, 10 and 11. Good luck to March oath takers.
Cheers,