+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath ceremony March 2022

WhereAmIQc

Star Member
Jun 3, 2022
I have a oath ceremony on 1st September, and till today I haven't received any email , its only visible on portal. Secondly I want to reschedule it in December, because i am travelling in month of Nov for full 30 days and tickets are booked. I am sure if i took oath now cannot travel in Nov month because of the passport will take longer time to come then getting visa and all formality.

Kindly suggest how to connect with them. I have already sent a an email to Mississauga office 2 days back, but no update , I also filled the Webform with explanation, but no response.

I am not sure what is next step , can i visit any Local Immigration and citizen office and update my status. Need suggestion/advice.
The invitation email for the Oath ceremony is from CIC-CITOY-CONVO@cic.gc.ca

Usually, you should receive the email invitation 7-10 days prior. But I saw people receiving it like the day before. In that email, there's a pdf document to prepare for the Oath ceremony. This section might interest you:
If you cannot take the oath, i.e. you are not available at this date and time due to work, health, travel, or other reasons; you do not have the video/internet capability; you are physically unable or require accommodation; prefer an in-person ceremony; etc., contact us as soon as you receive this invitation with a reasonable explanation and supporting documentation in order to be rescheduled or to postpone - NOTE: a request for an in-person ceremony will result in delays in processing of your application. In your reply, change the e-mail subject line accordingly, i.e. Ceremony - New date/time needed, Ceremony - No equipment/Internet, etc.
Pursuant to paragraph 13.2(1)(b) of the Citizenship Act, if you cannot appear and take the Oath at the date, and time indicated at the top of page 1, you must contact IRCC within thirty (30) days of the date of your appointment and provide a reasonable explanation and supporting documentation for not attending. If you do not contact IRCC or if your explanation is not acceptable, your application could be delayed and you will receive a final notice to appear.

I would suggest writing to that email address with the relevant documentation, reasons for your travel abroad, etc. I would also include the fact you have contacted them by email/webform on such and such date. That will show them you tried everything you could to get in contact with them.

That said, for your passport, you could get urgent processing if you can provide the passport office with proof of ticket/hotel reservation. I read a few posts on the forums about that, like this one https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-2021-citizenship-applicants.740188/post-10198137

Technically, there is enough time between Sept 1st to receive you citizenship certificate (2-4 weeks according to them) and apply for urgent processing for your passport before you leave in November.

Hope this helps, good luck