+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Ceremonies in Vancouver?

nnkk20

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Hello, just wondering if there is anybody that took the test in April 2019 in Vancouver and has received an oath invite yet? Today it's 3 weeks since the days of our test and /DM and still waiting.

I'm a June 2018 applicant so the 1 year time is coming close. Was hoping to get our invites soon...

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hello, just wondering if there is anybody that took the test in April 2019 in Vancouver and has received an oath invite yet? Today it's 3 weeks since the days of our test and /DM and still waiting.

I'm a June 2018 applicant so the 1 year time is coming close. Was hoping to get our invites soon...
Hi, a cursory review of the application spreadsheet indicates that the answer is yes. An October 2018 applicant, @charalito , appears to be a Vancouver applicant who took the test in April and has already received an oath letter invite.

Reactions: nnkk20

charalito

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-01-2015
Med's Request
28-01-2015
Med's Done....
06-02-2015
Passport Req..
24-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2015
LANDED..........
27-06-2015
I took the test April 9 and are scheduled for the Oath Ceremony on May 31st in Vancouver. What did they tell you when you had your interview? They told us that it would take about 3 months for the invite, so we were a bit surprised when it came early.

Reactions: nnkk20

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
I took the test April 9 and are scheduled for the Oath Ceremony on May 31st in Vancouver. What did they tell you when you had your interview? They told us that it would take about 3 months for the invite, so we were a bit surprised when it came early.
three months for an oath? jesus, what kind of efficiency is that

nnkk20

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
They told us about 4 - 8 weeks but before our 1 year deadline. Given that I waited almost 7 months for a test invite and we are only a few weeks away from 1 year processing I was hoping it would be quicker.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
They told us about 4 - 8 weeks but before our 1 year deadline. Given that I waited almost 7 months for a test invite and we are only a few weeks away from 1 year processing I was hoping it would be quicker.
Wow, that's quite a while.

As far as I understand there're two IRCC offices processing citizenship applications in Greater Vancouver. One is in Vancouver, another is in Surrey. One in Vancouver seems to be pretty fast while one in Surrey is one of the slowest offices in Canada :(

nnkk20

Star Member
Oct 9, 2018
Wow, that's quite a while.

As far as I understand there're two IRCC offices processing citizenship applications in Greater Vancouver. One is in Vancouver, another is in Surrey. One in Vancouver seems to be pretty fast while one in Surrey is one of the slowest offices in Canada :(
We are being processed in Vancouver not Surrey. Form what I've seen they're both awfully slow.

What's more frustrating is that applicants that applied months after we did (in Vancouver) are already done. Unbelievable.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
We are being processed in Vancouver not Surrey. Form what I've seen they're both awfully slow.

What's more frustrating is that applicants that applied months after we did (in Vancouver) are already done. Unbelievable.
My application is processed by Surrey office although I live in Coquitlam. I'm December applicant, haven't gotten test invitation yet.