+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath and/ vs test invitation on ECAS

Mayonnaise

Star Member
Apr 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anybody been in a situation as me? My ECAS now shows a 4th line: a notice to take a citizenship oath and ceremony within 2 weeks. The line indicates the date and time for oath but no location. I havent received the letter yet so I'm guessing ill receive it on Monday.

My question is, i have not yet taken the written test and ECAS does not show a line saying that i have been invited for a test as well. Is this normal? Are there instances when the oath and written tests are done on the same day?

if somebody can enlighten me that would be much much appreciated.

-Cross posted-

krohmal

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, there were cases when the test and oath were taken at the same day. However, it would be reasonable to call ask cic about your specific case.

tkv

Dec 6, 2015
Test and Oath Taking

I had my test on 18 Oct 2015. After the test I was told my case will be referred to citizenship judge as the number of days in a university as an exchange student in a different country is not counted as stay in Canada. Though I paid fee in UofT and was a registered student. I was waiting for a letter for the hearing. However, the status in online showed 'decision made' and I received a letter for oath taking yesterday. Does this mean the citizenship office has taken a decision and now cleared me for citizenship?

I am kind of tensed and fear that they may say I don't qualify, just before the oath taking ceremony and be sent back. Has anyone else faced a similar situation?

tkv

Dec 6, 2015
This is the status shown in ecas against decision made status

We sent you a notice on December 1, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 18, 2015 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Mayonnaise

Star Member
Apr 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i believe this is an entirely different situation that does not apply to the topic.

amazingTOO

Oct 21, 2015
Re: Test and Oath Taking

tkv said:
I had my test on 18 Oct 2015. After the test I was told my case will be referred to citizenship judge as the number of days in a university as an exchange student in a different country is not counted as stay in Canada. Though I paid fee in UofT and was a registered student. I was waiting for a letter for the hearing. However, the status in online showed 'decision made' and I received a letter for oath taking yesterday. Does this mean the citizenship office has taken a decision and now cleared me for citizenship?

I am kind of tensed and fear that they may say I don't qualify, just before the oath taking ceremony and be sent back. Has anyone else faced a similar situation?
I believed CJ approved your case by the things on your files, did you complete an RQ?
thank you for your sharing