+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OATH AND TEST WRITTEN TEST ON SAME DATE AND SAME TIME

Fraser250

May 23, 2018
Hello everyone,
Yesterday I received test invitation for 22 of October at 10:02 a.m in Calgary

Today i checked my online ecase and they add this line

1. We sent you a notice on October 1, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 22, 2018 at 10:02 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Now the questions are:
1: I didn't received any oath notice as of yet
2: I have the Whitten text exam on same date and same time at 10:02
How can I perform my written test and take oath at the same time

3: what can i do now? Do i need to contact to cic ?
I received test invitation via email

Thank you guys in advance

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Hello everyone,
Yesterday I received test invitation for 22 of October at 10:02 a.m in Calgary

Today i checked my online ecase and they add this line

1. We sent you a notice on October 1, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 22, 2018 at 10:02 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Now the questions are:
1: I didn't received any oath notice as of yet
2: I have the Whitten text exam on same date and same time at 10:02
How can I perform my written test and take oath at the same time

3: what can i do now? Do i need to contact to cic ?
I received test invitation via email

Thank you guys in advance
Yes you need to call them first thing Tuesday morning.

Reactions: Fraser250

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Do you live in a remote area far away from Calgary? Sometimes they schedule test and oath on the same day for people like that.

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Do you live in a remote area far away from Calgary? Sometimes they schedule test and oath on the same day for people like that.
Yeah but both the test and Oath is the same time 10.02.

YWG3

May 23, 2018
Yeah but both the test and Oath is the same time 10.02.
As you are rural ..... it means if you pass, together with all other candidates that pass the exam same date, you will take your oath right after.
Just take the entire day off work in preparation...... congratulations!

Reactions: Fraser250

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Call them and tell them to cancel the oath because you can't do your oath at the same time. CIC is very helpful and accommodating , they will cancel the oath and try to arrange sometimes 1-6 months later. They might do one more favor by cancelling both. then you would be able to get test and oath time on different dates.
Not sure why some people stop sleeping and stress out when find out 22 pieces KFC chicken on a 20 pieces bucket.
Very wrong advise... people in rural areas served by visiting citizenship judges do both test and oath same day. Test is done first, followed by oath (for those that pass). So you think IRCC will deliberately make conflicting schedule for somebody? If the OP is over 55 years of age then there'd be no test for him, he will have interview and oath.

Last edited:

Fraser250

May 23, 2018
As you are rural ..... it means if you pass, together with all other candidates that pass the exam same date, you will take your oath right after.
I received the test exam letter but not the oath letter yet,

Fraser250

May 23, 2018
I lives in Airdrie just beside Calgary

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Means your test "starts" at 10.02 AM then followed by oath. It is in sequence. Relax, you are almost there, they won't let one (test) conflict with the other (oath).
It’s not me it’s Fraser250

SpiceIsland

Oct 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
24 August 2017
AOR Received.
02 October 2017
Interview........
29 November 2017
Call them and tell them to cancel the oath because you can't do your oath at the same time. CIC is very helpful and accommodating , they will cancel the oath and try to arrange sometimes 1-6 months later. They might do one more favor by cancelling both. then you would be able to get test and oath time on different dates.
Not sure why some people stop sleeping and stress out when find out 22 pieces KFC chicken on a 20 pieces bucket.
What the hell are you talking about?

Reactions: JPBless

JPBless

May 14, 2018
I lives in Airdrie just beside Calgary
You will do both test and oath same day - one after the other; that's what the email implied. The person that sent the email know the routine so don't think he or she made a mistake.

What this means is be prepared for both test and oath on the date indicated. If you are over 55 years of age then the test will be just interview followed by oath, however if you are 55 or less then you will take the test and if you pass both test and interview you take the oath and the long journey ends.

Stop panicking and start popping champagne... but don't forget to study for the test. LOL.

Fraser250

May 23, 2018
I checked the online Oath ceremony schedule and there is one ceremony on 19 October and the other one is on 26 october,
There is no Oath ceremony scheduled for 22nd of October.