+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NY VAC - Processing Timeline/Delays

ggm007

May 18, 2022
my passport reached on 3rd May on 4thMay i got the tracking number, on 5th May it reached IRCC, i got a notification on that day and then today on 19th May i got an update in CIC portal
I just received the update on CIC portal too. Hopefully, we will receive the passport in next ~2-3 days. Thanks a lot for sharing the updates today :)

Reactions: larrygarry

larrygarry

Apr 26, 2022
Hey @larrygarry
Nope. Nothing on CIC and the TT Services tracking still says under process. Guessing you haven't heard anything as well?
Nothing from my side as well. I called IRCC NY today and they said that they only help Canadian Citizens over phone, and asked me to submit a web form. Here we go, full circle again!

jenpie

May 12, 2022
Nothing from my side as well. I called IRCC NY today and they said that they only help Canadian Citizens over phone, and asked me to submit a web form. Here we go, full circle again!
@larrygarry Well... it's 4 pm in NY right now, and no updates yet.

Nothing we can do except to enjoy the weekend and hope for some update next week.

larrygarry

Apr 26, 2022
Any update folks
Canadian Consulate in New York finally replied to my email today. They said that the application is still under processing with CPC Ottawa. I think that until CPC Ottawa finalizes the application, IRCC NY does not start processing the passports with a counterfoil stamp. This is testing my patience to the maximum. Sigh!

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Canadian Consulate in New York finally replied to my email today. They said that the application is still under processing with CPC Ottawa. I think that until CPC Ottawa finalizes the application, IRCC NY does not start processing the passports with a counterfoil stamp. This is testing my patience to the maximum. Sigh!
Wait really? So getting the RFV email doesn't mean that our applications are approved? This is so confusing.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
From what I understand, RFV email is “ready to finalize/approve”. Once we get the counterfoil then only our application is marked approved.
That makes sense, thanks. This cycle of anxiety never ends does it? I am also reading folks are having trouble getting SIN and PR card.

larrygarry

Apr 26, 2022
That makes sense, thanks. This cycle of anxiety never ends does it? I am also reading folks are having trouble getting SIN and PR card.
True and honestly, it is quite unacceptable that they keep the original passports in their possession for around a month. My passport reached them on 28th April. No updates since then.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
True and honestly, it is quite unacceptable that they keep the original passports in their possession for around a month. My passport reached them on 28th April. No updates since then.
I agree 100%, original passports submission needs better timelines and communication. We have signed 2 consent forms relinquishing our rights to hold anyone accountable.

Reactions: larrygarry

larrygarry

Apr 26, 2022
I agree 100%, original passports submission needs better timelines and communication. We have signed 2 consent forms relinquishing our rights to hold anyone accountable.
True. I’m afraid that upcoming Memorial Day holiday will cause further ripple effects causing more delays.

@jenpie any updates from you side today?