+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NY VAC - Processing Timeline/Delays

larrygarry

Apr 26, 2022
Hi,

Do you have any further updates from IRCC? This is making me very anxious given it is the original passport that was submitted.
No updates yet. I am eagerly waiting for any signs of movement or updates. I will let you know as soon as I hear back. This wait is killing me too.

ggm007

May 18, 2022
All,

I had sent by passport to VFS global NYC back in April, and it was received by IRCC in Canada on Apr 27th. Since then, I have not heard of any updates and VFS says they don't know by when I can get my stamped passports back. I have an international travel coming up to India from US next Thu, and I am clueless on how to escalate this matter. Have also tried submitting forms and sending emails to IRCC, but no response till date :(

Any of you in similar boat? Any experience with ETA by when we can get the passports back? This is so annoying that they are keeping an important document like passport with them for so long.

larrygarry

Apr 26, 2022
All,

I had sent by passport to VFS global NYC back in April, and it was received by IRCC in Canada on Apr 27th. Since then, I have not heard of any updates and VFS says they don't know by when I can get my stamped passports back. I have an international travel coming up to India from US next Thu, and I am clueless on how to escalate this matter. Have also tried submitting forms and sending emails to IRCC, but no response till date :(

Any of you in similar boat? Any experience with ETA by when we can get the passports back? This is so annoying that they are keeping an important document like passport with them for so long.
Try sending an email to CPC Ottawa (the email ID you got in your PPR email), it may help? I tried it, they auto-replied saying we have a huge volume of applications so we may not reply your email. They gave a link to check current processing times for IRCC New York but that link ends up in a HTTP 404 error. So I have no other choice but to wait for some movement on my application, even a ghost update would also work.

Reactions: ggm007

ggm007

May 18, 2022
Try sending an email to CPC Ottawa (the email ID you got in your PPR email), it may help? I tried it, they auto-replied saying we have a huge volume of applications so we may not reply your email. They gave a link to check current processing times for IRCC New York but that link ends up in a HTTP 404 error. So I have no other choice but to wait for some movement on my application, even a ghost update would also work.
Thanks for the suggestion. Will try that route too, but I guess waiting is the only option for now. I am wondering if anyone recently received the stamped passport back, and could guide us on how much time it took!!

asum1

May 19, 2022
I also encountered the same.
Thanks for the suggestion. Will try that route too, but I guess waiting is the only option for now. I am wondering if anyone recently received the stamped passport back, and could guide us on how much time it took!!
My passport is sent to VAC NY on 3rd got a tracking number on 5th showing that passport is with IRCC and under process and that's it. No update since. Any idea for how many days IRCC keeps the passport?

ggm007

May 18, 2022
I also encountered the same.

My passport is sent to VAC NY on 3rd got a tracking number on 5th showing that passport is with IRCC and under process and that's it. No update since. Any idea for how many days IRCC keeps the passport?
Based on some of the old posts that I read on different forums, it seemed like upto ~2-3 weeks. But this wait is killing me now :(

asum1

May 19, 2022
Based on some of the old posts that I read on different forums, it seemed like upto ~2-3 weeks. But this wait is killing me now :(
I got update today 19 may on my CIC portal that the application is approved. Awaiting Passport notifications now

asum1

May 19, 2022
Congratulations. Btw, when you said on 3rd you got the tracking number, was it in Apr or May?
my passport reached on 3rd May on 4thMay i got the tracking number, on 5th May it reached IRCC, i got a notification on that day and then today on 19th May i got an update in CIC portal

Reactions: larrygarry

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
my passport reached on 3rd May on 4thMay i got the tracking number, on 5th May it reached IRCC, i got a notification on that day and then today on 19th May i got an update in CIC portal
Just curious, did you get any update on your CIC portal after your passport has reached IRCC office or a notification from VFS? I only got an email notification from VFS saying my passport has reached IRCC office and is under process but no update in CIC portal.

Reactions: ggm007

asum1

May 19, 2022
Just curious, did you get any update on your CIC portal after your passport has reached IRCC office or a notification from VFS? I only got an email notification from VFS saying my passport has reached IRCC office and is under process but no update in CIC portal.
same here. It was under process since 5th May, I just randomly checked CIC portal today and saw the application is approved status