+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NY VAC - Processing Timeline/Delays

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
I had updated about this on the other threads, missed to update on this one........

@infinitiniti ... yes.... Update from my side is that we received my father's passport with TRV stamped on the passport. To summarize, we were able to submit the passport in the USA for TRV stamping even when the TRV was approved in India and biometrics were submitted in India, and the visa was stamped in the USA.

karma0512

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
anybody with a recent update from NY VAC Office? my application was received on 14th April, I'm assuming it'll take them 10 business days to even acknowledge the passport.

FeelTheBern

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2020
Med's Request
22-03-2022
Med's Done....
01-04-2022
Passport Req..
14-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2022
Hi All,

I recently received passport request on April 14th (AOR: Dec 2020) and I've been asked to send the passports to CPC Ottawa within a month.

Is there a reason why I'm being asked to send the documents to Ottawa instead of NY / LA VAC? Since I'm US based, I'm just wondering if there's a way to change it from Ottawa to a location within the US?

Appreciate your inputs and guidance!

karma0512

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
Hi All,

I recently received passport request on April 14th (AOR: Dec 2020) and I've been asked to send the passports to CPC Ottawa within a month.

Is there a reason why I'm being asked to send the documents to Ottawa instead of NY / LA VAC? Since I'm US based, I'm just wondering if there's a way to change it from Ottawa to a location within the US?

Appreciate your inputs and guidance!
If you would want to change to USA prefer LA - NYC is taking forever - really bad reviews on Google too. :/

FeelTheBern

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2020
Med's Request
22-03-2022
Med's Done....
01-04-2022
Passport Req..
14-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2022
If you would want to change to USA prefer LA - NYC is taking forever - really bad reviews on Google too. :/
Hi @karma0512 Is there a way to check processing times at LA and NY VACs for PR visa stamping?

karma0512

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
Hi @karma0512 Is there a way to check processing times at LA and NY VACs for PR visa stamping?
ideally VFS should send you a tracking number once they acknowledge your passport (which might take 1 day to 1.5 weeks after FedEx delivers it). You could use that to track your application. Mine was delivered last week but I still have to receive a tracking number from NY VAC.

FeelTheBern

Star Member
Nov 15, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-12-2020
Med's Request
22-03-2022
Med's Done....
01-04-2022
Passport Req..
14-04-2022
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2022
ideally VFS should send you a tracking number once they acknowledge your passport (which might take 1 day to 1.5 weeks after FedEx delivers it). You could use that to track your application. Mine was delivered last week but I still have to receive a tracking number from NY VAC.
Thanks @karma0512. Did you request IRCC to change the passport submission location from CPC Ottawa to NY VAC? Or, was it NY VAC in your original PPR itself? Also, are you an Indian citizen? Just trying to understand if I can request them to change the location?

karma0512

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
Thanks @karma0512. Did you request IRCC to change the passport submission location from CPC Ottawa to NY VAC? Or, was it NY VAC in your original PPR itself? Also, are you an Indian citizen? Just trying to understand if I can request them to change the location?
it was NY VAC in the original email, did not ask them for any change, tbh didn't want to add any additional delay :| Yes, I am :)

Reactions: FeelTheBern

larrygarry

Apr 26, 2022
I have a question about original passport submission to the New York VAC. I received the Ready For Visa email on April 14, 2022 and as mentioned in the email, I sent only copy of IRCC PPR letter, two photographs and original passport to the New York VAC with a two-way Fedex courier. I also forgot to superscribe the envelope.

Later, I found out that I also had to send TTS Consent Forms, money order of $22.80, and application confirmation letter.

My original package with the passport already reached the New York VAC. But I have not heard back from them about it. I also do not have any tracking details.

I am super anxious about it and I am not able to get hold of anybody in VFS helpline. Has anybody gone through the similar experience before? Any idea what can I do to sort this out? Any help is really very appreciated.

Thank you!

karma0512

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
I have a question about original passport submission to the New York VAC. I received the Ready For Visa email on April 14, 2022 and as mentioned in the email, I sent only copy of IRCC PPR letter, two photographs and original passport to the New York VAC with a two-way Fedex courier. I also forgot to superscribe the envelope.

Later, I found out that I also had to send TTS Consent Forms, money order of $22.80, and application confirmation letter.

My original package with the passport already reached the New York VAC. But I have not heard back from them about it. I also do not have any tracking details.

I am super anxious about it and I am not able to get hold of anybody in VFS helpline. Has anybody gone through the similar experience before? Any idea what can I do to sort this out? Any help is really very appreciated.

Thank you!
try the chat service that they have. might help.

larrygarry

Apr 26, 2022
Thank you all. I tried the chat service and they asked me send an email to escalations.canny@vfsglobal.com.

However, I received an email from VFS before I could send the escalation email asking me to send missing documents. I had proactively sent the documents in a separate FedEx package a day before after realizing the mistake and it got delivered this morning via Priority Overnight.

I just received another email from them with an update that they have sent my passport to IRCC office for processing.

Luckily, everything just fell in place in a day. Following is the timeline:

April 14, 2022: PPR email received from IRCC
April 25, 2022: sent the first FedEx package without the money order and consent forms
April 26, 2022: first FedEx package reached New York VAC
April 26, 2022: proactively sent the second FedEx package with the money order and consent forms
April 27, 2022: second FedEx package reached New York VAC
April 27, 2022: Received an email in the morning from VFS about missing money order and consent form
April 27, 2022: Received tracking number in the evening and a message - Your application, tracking ID No. *********** has been dispatched to the IRCC Office,on Wed Apr 27 2022 for processing.

I will keep on posting the updates about this.

Reactions: karma0512

asharq

May 11, 2022
Thank you all. I tried the chat service and they asked me send an email to escalations.canny@vfsglobal.com.

However, I received an email from VFS before I could send the escalation email asking me to send missing documents. I had proactively sent the documents in a separate FedEx package a day before after realizing the mistake and it got delivered this morning via Priority Overnight.

I just received another email from them with an update that they have sent my passport to IRCC office for processing.

Luckily, everything just fell in place in a day. Following is the timeline:

April 14, 2022: PPR email received from IRCC
April 25, 2022: sent the first FedEx package without the money order and consent forms
April 26, 2022: first FedEx package reached New York VAC
April 26, 2022: proactively sent the second FedEx package with the money order and consent forms
April 27, 2022: second FedEx package reached New York VAC
April 27, 2022: Received an email in the morning from VFS about missing money order and consent form
April 27, 2022: Received tracking number in the evening and a message - Your application, tracking ID No. *********** has been dispatched to the IRCC Office,on Wed Apr 27 2022 for processing.

I will keep on posting the updates about this.
Hey, do you have any further update?

jenpie

May 12, 2022
Hey @larrygarry

My application was received on Wed Apr 27 2022 and is under process at the IRCC Office as well (NY VAC). No updates for me so far, any communication on your end??

larrygarry

Apr 26, 2022
Hey @larrygarry

My application was received on Wed Apr 27 2022 and is under process at the IRCC Office as well (NY VAC). No updates for me so far, any communication on your end??
Nothing yet. I called them on the phone number but learned that we need to send a Web Form. I sent a Web Form for now. The automated reply asked to wait for 28 business days to hear back from them. At this time, I am tired of doing all this. I’m just going to wait another week and see how it goes.

Please do post here to let us know when you hear back.

jenpie

May 12, 2022
Nothing yet. I called them on the phone number but learned that we need to send a Web Form. I sent a Web Form for now. The automated reply asked to wait for 28 business days to hear back from them. At this time, I am tired of doing all this. I’m just going to wait another week and see how it goes.

Please do post here to let us know when you hear back.
Well, after glancing through a couple of forums and websites, figured I would be waiting a good 2-3ish weeks to hear back.

Anyways will keep ya posted!