+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NY VAC - Processing Timeline/Delays

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
@sun2088 @albak @sjgoel

I wanted to know if we need to keep additional envelope (for returning passport) in the package which we send to VFS for visa stamping in USA?

The documents which we need to keep in the package are:

1. Passport
2. Passport Request Letter
3. 2 way courier service Application confirmation letter

Are there any other documents we need to keep in the package?

Any guidance is deeply appreciated...

sun2088

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
@sun2088 @albak @sjgoel

I wanted to know if we need to keep additional envelope (for returning passport) in the package which we send to VFS for visa stamping in USA?

The documents which we need to keep in the package are:

1. Passport
2. Passport Request Letter
3. 2 way courier service Application confirmation letter

Are there any other documents we need to keep in the package?

Any guidance is deeply appreciated...
Its all in the passport request letter and check the last page of the 2 way courier service letter (it also had a checklist). I believe you also need to include 2 copies of the TT Services Consent Form.

When I sent my documents, it was for permanent residency so including those documents you mentioned, I also had to submit passport pictures, a scan of my biometrics which I did in the new york vac, the TT services consent form and a cashiers check pertaining to the visa document generation.

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
Last edited:

sun2088

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020

sun2088

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
Thanks

@sun2088 @albak @sjgoel
One question.... how can we subscribe to sms service for updates? I created labels and there they told to click on the additional services link to add additional services...however option to add sms service wasnt there....infact except for 2 way courier service cost, nothing else was there.....am I missing something?
You won't need it. The moment it is received by the VAC, you will start receiving email updates. I assume you have a smart phone with your email on it...

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
You won't need it. The moment it is received by the VAC, you will start receiving email updates. I assume you have a smart phone with your email on it...
Yes have smartphone with email.... thanks for the clarifications.....have sent the passport to LA VAC for stamping today......hopefully will receive it back soon with visa stamped....

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
@sun2088 @albak @sjgoel .... we received the email from VFS global (sent to LA office)

"Your application, tracking ID No. xxxxx has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Fri Apr 01 2022"

Any suggestion when we can get to hear back from IRCC about stamping done, and further updates and when can we expect passport to be couriered back?

sun2088

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
@sun2088 @albak @sjgoel .... we received the email from VFS global (sent to LA office)

"Your application, tracking ID No. xxxxx has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Fri Apr 01 2022"

Any suggestion when we can get to hear back from IRCC about stamping done, and further updates and when can we expect passport to be couriered back?
One week or so for the stamping and then a day or two for you to get the passport back

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
One week or so for the stamping and then a day or two for you to get the passport back
@sun2088 @albak @sjgoel .... we received the email from VFS global (sent to LA office) today again

"The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. ****** has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in USA, Los Angeles. "

This seems highly unusual that in the same day we got two mails...one telling that VAC has sent the passport to IRCC and another telling that IRCC has sent the passport back to VAC ........ my father's visa was approved from India, however since he is in USA, we sent the passport to VAC in USA...

Any idea why the passport is being returned on the same day.....we dont know if the visa has been stamped or not.... is it possible that they are sending back the passport without stamping?

sun2088

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
@sun2088 @albak @sjgoel .... we received the email from VFS global (sent to LA office) today again

"The decision envelope for your application, tracking ID No. ****** has been dispatched from the IRCC Office, to the Canada Visa Application Centre in USA, Los Angeles. "

This seems highly unusual that in the same day we got two mails...one telling that VAC has sent the passport to IRCC and another telling that IRCC has sent the passport back to VAC ........ my father's visa was approved from India, however since he is in USA, we sent the passport to VAC in USA...

Any idea why the passport is being returned on the same day.....we dont know if the visa has been stamped or not.... is it possible that they are sending back the passport without stamping?
The only way you'll find out is when you open the envelope

infinitiniti

Apr 3, 2022
For the passports sent to NYC office, is the application for visitor visa or other categories? I wonder if processing time are longer for visitor visa vs others. I Already paid for two way fedex to nyc for visitor visa stamping before reading this and trying to figure if I should send to nyc or pay again for LA fedex. We need to travel in two weeks. TIA

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
@infinitiniti - I dont know about others, but for me its visitor visa for my father..... based on information on forum LA VAC seems to be faster.... but I cannot say that for sure..... we personally sent to LA VAC and email responses were very fast....in 1 day, through fedex overnight it reached LA, next day it seems the passport was given from VFS to IRCC and from IRCC back to VFS after processing.....

we are still waiting for the email from LA VFS that they have sent the passport back and are waiting on the passport.....

infinitiniti

Apr 3, 2022
Thanks for your reply. I ended up paying for the LA FedEx as well(looks like I won't get a refund for NY) and sent it today. Will update how the timeline goes. Hopefully you get an update today, it's still early on the west coast.