+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NY VAC - Processing Timeline/Delays

US2CAfam

Jul 21, 2022
Hi,
I just got the email to submit the passport (for visitor visa) couple of days back. I am planning to send the passport to LA VAC. Can someone let me know that if using the 2 way courier from VAC is mandatory to use or can I send that from USPS/UPS/Fedex (my own label) and with a prepaid return label too?
No, it's not mandatory. I have used UPS for return label and envelope enclosed.

US2CAfam

Jul 21, 2022

aasifa

Jul 24, 2022
No, it's not mandatory. I have used UPS for return label and envelope enclosed.
Hey ! I received PPR for my study visa and my spouse's open work permit last week. Tried registering with VFS but the activation link cannot be delivered due to some technical issues. VFS chat agent said I can just use UPS/USPS/DHL to send my passport.
Since you have been through the process, can you please guide me on how to go about it ? Did you generate a prepaid shipping label for the return of the passport or send a bank draft/money order. The chat person said it's an either/or situation. Could you please confirm ?

US2CAfam

Jul 21, 2022
Hey ! I received PPR for my study visa and my spouse's open work permit last week. Tried registering with VFS but the activation link cannot be delivered due to some technical issues. VFS chat agent said I can just use UPS/USPS/DHL to send my passport.
Since you have been through the process, can you please guide me on how to go about it ? Did you generate a prepaid shipping label for the return of the passport or send a bank draft/money order. The chat person said it's an either/or situation. Could you please confirm ?
Yes, that is right. You get the Outgoing envelope inside which you put the return envelope along with return label affixed to them. Also, the money order, pictures and documents requested by IRCC. I used UPS and it worked just fine. Price point for a UPS 2-day delivery is comparable to FedEx option from VFS. The UPS people or Webpage chat representative can assist you if you have questions on return envelope expiry, etc.

aasifa

Jul 24, 2022
Yes, that is right. You get the Outgoing envelope inside which you put the return envelope along with return label affixed to them. Also, the money order, pictures and documents requested by IRCC. I used UPS and it worked just fine. Price point for a UPS 2-day delivery is comparable to FedEx option from VFS. The UPS people or Webpage chat representative can assist you if you have questions on return envelope expiry, etc.
Thank you so much ! Your reply came at the perfect time just when I was heading out to the UPS store. Have sent the passport along with the PPR letter, 2 copies of the TT consent form, cashier's cheque, and contact information sheet to the LA VAC. Fingers crossed !

yinteresting

Apr 28, 2021
Hi guys,
I just received PPR today, after reading this thread, I am too scared to submit my passport to VFS New York because I am moving next month.
So my question is can I submit my passport to VFS LA even though I submitted my biometrics in New York.
The PPR letter does not say anything about VFS though, it actually asked me to submit the passport directly to Ottawa.
I am currently living in the USA.
Please kindly help.

parishjain1234

Apr 5, 2022
Hi,

anyone has any recent experience of NYCVAC - I read this post today and I realised what a mistake I might have made. I sent my passport for stamping yesterday to NYC VAC.

Any chance there timelines have improved recently? I have to travel urgently to Canada

Mohann

Jul 2, 2020
Hi

I'm a student in the US and applied for Canada tourist visa. After receiving my passport request, I sent my passport to NY vac on Jan 31st, using fedex including return envelope. I still didn't hear a thing and now I'm too scared after reading this thread. Please suggest what to do in my current situation.

Feb 27, 2023
Hi

I'm a student in the US and applied for Canada tourist visa. After receiving my passport request, I sent my passport to NY vac on Jan 31st, using fedex including return envelope. I still didn't hear a thing and now I'm too scared after reading this thread. Please suggest what to do in my current situation.
curious - when did you apply for your visa? i applied a while ago and still waiting to hear back ....

Feb 27, 2023
Hi guys,
I just received PPR today, after reading this thread, I am too scared to submit my passport to VFS New York because I am moving next month.
So my question is can I submit my passport to VFS LA even though I submitted my biometrics in New York.
The PPR letter does not say anything about VFS though, it actually asked me to submit the passport directly to Ottawa.
I am currently living in the USA.
Please kindly help.
curious - when did you apply for your visa? i applied a while ago and still waiting to hear back ....

sisaacwork

Jun 2, 2023
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-05-2023
Doc's Request.
16-05-2023
AOR Received.
08-05-2023
Med's Done....
16-05-2023
Passport Req..
26-09-2023
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2023
Updating this thread with a more recent timeline and will update as I get developments..

PPR Received - 26 September
Package mailed to VAC New York - 26 September with:
  1. Money order (USD23.30)
  2. PPR letter w/ Appendix A worksheet
  3. TT Services consent form (available here)
  4. 2x photos with photographer's information on back as well as my name, DOB, and Application #
  5. Confirmation of purchase for two-way courier service (paid USD77.10)
  6. Photocopy of passport bio page (US citizen, I was asked to not send original passport)
Package delivered to VAC New York - 27 September
Update from VFS Global email: "application received" - 28 September
Next update: "application sent

Shefali_08

Oct 2, 2017
Following up on @sisaacwork post:
- Passport sent to NY VFS via UPS on Sept 28, 2023
- Passport received at VFS NY on Sept 29, 2023
- Passport forwarded from VFS NY to IRCC on Sept 29, 2023
- Passport began processing at IRCC on Oct 3, 2023

will edit it as and when I have updates.

Reactions: sisaacwork

Shefali_08

Oct 2, 2017
Updating this thread with a more recent timeline and will update as I get developments..

4. 2x photos with photographer's information on back as well as my name, DOB, and Application #
  6. Photocopy of passport bio page (US citizen, I was asked to not send original passport)
Hi, you received any update?

jas204

Oct 9, 2023

How did you fill out the consent form? We're going to receive ours eventually but I've seen a lot of posts where people said not to fill out page 3 and then either leave page 4 blank or sign the "Do not wish to provide biometrics" section. Which did you go with?