+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NY VAC - Processing Timeline/Delays

Ayushi77

May 2, 2021
Yeah our timelines our quite similar but it sounds like IRCC received your passports a week after mine. I can't advise much on having it urgently processed.. I have emailed IRCC's New York office last week to enquire about how much longer I should expect this to take and received no response. If you call they say that they will only assist Canadian citizens over the phone. How soon is your travel?
I see, apart from the ircc NY email I also emailed to escalations email at VFS. They responded saying they reached out to IRCC to enquire about our application and then a few hours after I got a message on the IRCC portal that the counterfoils are in our passports now. You can try that as well. Do you know how long its gonna take now for us to get our passports?

sisaacwork

Jun 2, 2023
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-05-2023
Doc's Request.
16-05-2023
AOR Received.
08-05-2023
Med's Done....
16-05-2023
Passport Req..
26-09-2023
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2023
I see, apart from the ircc NY email I also emailed to escalations email at VFS. They responded saying they reached out to IRCC to enquire about our application and then a few hours after I got a message on the IRCC portal that the counterfoils are in our passports now. You can try that as well. Do you know how long its gonna take now for us to get our passports?
Could you please share the VFS escalations email you used? I'd like to reach out this week since it's been three weeks since IRCC received my packet.

sisaacwork

Jun 2, 2023
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-05-2023
Doc's Request.
16-05-2023
AOR Received.
08-05-2023
Med's Done....
16-05-2023
Passport Req..
26-09-2023
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2023
Hello friends, I received notice from IRCC today that my visa has been issued! Here is my timeline:

PPR Received - 26 September
Package mailed to VAC New York - 26 September
Package delivered to VAC New York - 27 September
Update from VFS Global email: "application received" - 28 September
Update from VFS Global email: "application received by IRCC and is under process" - 2 October

Webform submitted to IRCC enquiring about status: 18 October
Email sent to NYC IRCC enquiring about status: 23 October
GCKey account updated with approval letter: 25 October

I'll post a final update when the documents have been received back from VFS Global!

FamilyPR

Oct 7, 2023
Guys I sent my passport for COPR & Resident stamp on Sept 7th 2023. On Sept 13th VFS New York submitted to IRCC office. It's with them since then with no updates. I am getting worried since my passport is not with me while I live in a third country (US). So its been 40 days now that my passport is with IRCC.

Any suggestions as to what I should do.

Contacted VFS via chat many times but they say its with IRCC office and they cannot expedite or provide any other status updates.

sisaacwork

Jun 2, 2023
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-05-2023
Doc's Request.
16-05-2023
AOR Received.
08-05-2023
Med's Done....
16-05-2023
Passport Req..
26-09-2023
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2023
Guys I sent my passport for COPR & Resident stamp on Sept 7th 2023. On Sept 13th VFS New York submitted to IRCC office. It's with them since then with no updates. I am getting worried since my passport is not with me while I live in a third country (US). So its been 40 days now that my passport is with IRCC.

Any suggestions as to what I should do.

Contacted VFS via chat many times but they say its with IRCC office and they cannot expedite or provide any other status updates.
Try sending an email to the address that @Ayushi77 provided two posts before yours. 40 days is too long but I did see another case on Reddit where the applicant was waiting 11 weeks total.

FamilyPR

Oct 7, 2023
Try sending an email to the address that @Ayushi77 provided two posts before yours. 40 days is too long but I did see another case on Reddit where the applicant was waiting 11 weeks total.
Thanks buddy I went through last few pages and found two email addresses I could send this email to and I just did that. Let me see how long do they take to respond back.

Thanks a lot to all of you !!!

sisaacwork

Jun 2, 2023
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
08-05-2023
Doc's Request.
16-05-2023
AOR Received.
08-05-2023
Med's Done....
16-05-2023
Passport Req..
26-09-2023
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2023
COPR received via UPS today, 33 days after it was first marked received by VFS in New York. Full timeline in signature.

immigtcanada

Oct 3, 2023
Here is my recent timeline (FSW OUTLAND PPR 22/09) :

Documents submitted in person to VFS NY : 10/10
Documents received by IRCC NY : 12/10
Profile updated to complete : 30/10
COPR sent to VFS NY : 30/10
Documents collected : 31/10

Hope this will help

Reactions: sisaacwork

Andyysingh

Dec 7, 2023
Hello everyone,
We are from canada

My mother's supervisa was approved and we received a passport submission request ( SINCE PASSPORT STAMPING CANNOT BE DONE WITHIN CANADA ) we submitted our passport at NYC vfs on Thursday(30 Nov 2023)

We received an update same evening that it has been sent to IRCC @ 5:30pm

Next day ( 1 Dec 9:30am ) we received another update that IRCC has received it and is now under processing

Since then we have no updates

The people at VFS said that it takes 7- 10 business days

Its been 5 business days now

Its getting really expensive to stay in US now

HereiCome2

May 24, 2015
Hi everyone, I am not sure if this is the correct board to ask this question. please re-direct if required.

A friend had applied for H1B open work permit on July 16, 2023. received an update to submit passport on Jan 8. Unfortunately, they saw the update only today (Jan 23, 2024).

Their processing office will NY. They are asked to submit passports. Can anyone please guide on what timelines we can expect to get passports back as they have booked a trip to India early March.

Also, does anyone know if they can submit 3 out 4 passports now and request for extension for the remaining 1 passport to be submitted after their return to US from India?

Any response would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

cherry1198

Feb 15, 2024
hello, please help.
I sent my passport for visa stamping on 6th Feb 2024 to VFS New York from Dallas, Texas. On the 12th Feb, I got an acknowledgment that VFS received my passport and same day sent it to IRCC and also received it at the IRCC office for stamping.
On the 13th Feb, I received an update that the package was dispatched from IRCC to VFS NYC. After that, there is no update. Scared that my passport got lost or not. what should I do and what delays does anyone else expect as of now?

SNE27

Feb 20, 2024
Hi All,

I have submitted our passports for stamping on Jan 18, 2024 to NewYork VFS Global and on 23rd Jan IRCC NewYork has received our passports.

Status in the tracker for both passports - Your application, tracking ID No.XXX has been received and is under process at the IRCC Office on Jan 23 2024.

It has been more than 4 weeks since I sent our passports (primary applicant + spouse). I contacted IRCC customer care and all they are telling is to wait. I now got emergency International travel. Can anyone please help how to get passports back.

Can anyone let me know what is the NewYork IRCC's email address? I will check if they can help.