+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nursing job in Toronto-ontario- RN or RPN----plz suggest urgently....

Rekha Arun

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV.09
Doc's Request.
FEB. 10
IELTS Request
APR'10
File Transfer...
APR'10
Med's Request
OCT'10
Med's Done....
NOV'10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
NOV'10
VISA ISSUED...
FEB14'11
LANDED..........
BY JULY 11
Hi all, :)

I am an RN, I did my diploma in nursing from india with 9yrs of working experience. I received my PR visa recently.however,havenot applied yet for any job or registration.

kindly suggest me on below queries as i am in oscillation to make correct decision.

1.my friends say that nurses with diploma cannot apply for RN in ontario?
so they are advising me to apply for RPN in ontario.??

2.some other provinces can agree RN application for registration?? but not sure of which province makes faster processing of registration??
plz clarify on the time line takes for registration.

3.so,if i apply for RPN in ontario is it going to take very less time to get registration as i have only 8months of visa to expire.

4.can i apply for RPN in ontario and RN in some other province at a time? is it possible??

5. Once after applying for RPN is it feasible to change to RN as i am RN in india now? :'(

Kindly plz all of ur recommendations and comments are invited here.......
Thanks.

xenos

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear rekha,

don't leave something as crucial as landing decision based on what anyone says. first book your tickets (as summer is approaching the sooner you book the greater cost benefit you will get), complete landing, get your pr cards. if you are not sure now then just take leave and go there. then take 3 years to decide whether or not you want to shift forever to canada. otherwise you may be misguided and your visa may expire. from what i have read on this forum nurses are highly in demand so search for nurses on this forum and you will come across many fruitful discussions. this is just my opinion.

thanx

devu

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb2010
Doc's Request.
sent on may12h
AOR Received.
JUNE 9TH 2010
File Transfer...
march 30
Med's Request
JAN 26
hi rekha...I am also a diploma nurse waiting for medicals.but i have applied for registration in bc vancouver...but there we have to attend sec it is a long procedure..i got an invitation from bcpeople to attend sec...in lasst october.but i have to attend that withinn 1 year.. :mad:actually i fed up with this long immigration process..my suggestion is to land there and find small job and don;t loose your settlement fund...but start your rn or lpn registration procedure from here so that u can collectt the documents individually...and its easier... :Dok see u ...bye...

devu

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb2010
Doc's Request.
sent on may12h
AOR Received.
JUNE 9TH 2010
File Transfer...
march 30
Med's Request
JAN 26
:D hi..where is ur place ??i am in tvpm..

Rekha Arun

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV.09
Doc's Request.
FEB. 10
IELTS Request
APR'10
File Transfer...
APR'10
Med's Request
OCT'10
Med's Done....
NOV'10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
NOV'10
VISA ISSUED...
FEB14'11
LANDED..........
BY JULY 11

Rekha Arun

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV.09
Doc's Request.
FEB. 10
IELTS Request
APR'10
File Transfer...
APR'10
Med's Request
OCT'10
Med's Done....
NOV'10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
NOV'10
VISA ISSUED...
FEB14'11
LANDED..........
BY JULY 11
devu said:
hi rekha...I am also a diploma nurse waiting for medicals.but i have applied for registration in bc vancouver...but there we have to attend sec it is a long procedure..i got an invitation from bcpeople to attend sec...in lasst october.but i have to attend that withinn 1 year.. :mad:actually i fed up with this long immigration process..my suggestion is to land there and find small job and don;t loose your settlement fund...but start your rn or lpn registration procedure from here so that u can collectt the documents individually...and its easier... :Dok see u ...bye...
oh, i c,thanks. me too feeling like finishing my initial registration procedures from here, how long it took for u to complete the registration from vancouver. is it for RN?? and r u going for a upgrade study or work??

Rekha Arun

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV.09
Doc's Request.
FEB. 10
IELTS Request
APR'10
File Transfer...
APR'10
Med's Request
OCT'10
Med's Done....
NOV'10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
NOV'10
VISA ISSUED...
FEB14'11
LANDED..........
BY JULY 11
xenos said:
dear rekha,

don't leave something as crucial as landing decision based on what anyone says. first book your tickets (as summer is approaching the sooner you book the greater cost benefit you will get), complete landing, get your pr cards. if you are not sure now then just take leave and go there. then take 3 years to decide whether or not you want to shift forever to canada. otherwise you may be misguided and your visa may expire. from what i have read on this forum nurses are highly in demand so search for nurses on this forum and you will come across many fruitful discussions. this is just my opinion.

thanx
hi,
thanks for the suggestion. since i am going with my family having 1yr old child, want to make sure that i get registration in hand, so that finding job would be easier isn't it?.