+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nursing course enquiry

melbyelsa

May 8, 2021
Hello
I currently reside in Australia but I am looking to pursue Nursing. I am a new entrant into the field, could any of you be kind to advise if there are options for new entrants?
Which University would be the best, how many years and ballpark of the fees please?

Thank you very much in advance! :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
When you say new entrant, do you have any nursing background and the prerequisites? Canada is a big country so pick a province and research the universities. BScN programs are 4 years. Tuition depending on the school can be $20k or more per year. I think UBC is $35K per year, for example.

You can look at programs at colleges which will be cheaper. Google is your best option to research schools.

Reactions: melbyelsa

melbyelsa

May 8, 2021
Hello and thank you so much for your reply!

No I do not have any Nursing background. My education is Masters but in a different field. Sure, I will look up that information.
I was wondering if a non-nursing background would hinder me in moving forward? I had Registered Nurse in mind. Colleges are more cheaper than Universities?

Thanks a ton again!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello and thank you so much for your reply!

No I do not have any Nursing background. My education is Masters but in a different field. Sure, I will look up that information.
I was wondering if a non-nursing background would hinder me in moving forward? I had Registered Nurse in mind. Colleges are more cheaper than Universities?

Thanks a ton again!
If you have a masters already then getting a study permit will be more of a challenge. You have to show career progression and educational advancement. If a new career, the issue is why can’t you take a nursing program in your home country when it must be cheaper than spending $100k+ on a BScN.

Reactions: melbyelsa

melbyelsa

May 8, 2021
If you have a masters already then getting a study permit will be more of a challenge. You have to show career progression and educational advancement. If a new career, the issue is why can’t you take a nursing program in your home country when it must be cheaper than spending $100k+ on a BScN.
Thank you for the information. Yes that is a concern.
So there are absolutely no chances of trying to apply for one even is it?