+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NURSES - Please read this (NNAS, CARNA, CNAO, CNBC)

angel123456

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Hello,
Today I am gonna share my complete experience with you from applying in NNAS till bridging to Canadian Nursing program at Mount Royal University. And I will also share some of my biggest mistakes which I made and resulted me so many disadvantages.

Advice 1. When you apply for NNAS, mark in both types of Nursing, LPN and RN. And also mark in more than one province.
Reason: To get an LPN license for BSCNs is much easier than RN license. And you can get an LPN job meanwhile working on your RN license. Same goes with province, some province are flexible and easy. CARNA is the worst

Advise 2: If you are in Canada, try to give CELBAN, IELTS is just waste of time

Advise 3: Make sure, your English scores, immunizations are valid before entering into Bridge to Canadian Nursing program
Reason Because you need to keep your English score valid through out the program. Once you get into prog, you dont have enough time to fullfill these requirements.

Advise 4: Never ever try to attempt for SEC
Reason: Because its useless, 101% is guaranteed failure rate. If you somehow manage to pass, they will still ask to do skills or few courses. For skills, they fail you in documentation . For courses, registration into courses is very time taking because they give priority to their full-time students and then failures and in the last, your turn will come.

Advise 5: Please start your process from your homeland rather coming in Canada and then apply
Reason: Thats how you can save your time.

Advise 6: (For Albertans) In the meantime, you apply for nurses license, you can apply for Childcare worker license to begin with, Its easy to get and in ALberta, there are alot of jobs available. Its no cost license.

Now the ball is in your court!!!

Best of luck!!!!

orichy

Star Member
Apr 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/13
AOR Received.
27/11/13
Thanks much for sharing these tips. I am in the process of NNAS review for CARNA. Your comments are duly noted. Best regards.

quebecRN

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
angel123456 said:
Hello,
Today I am gonna share my complete experience with you from applying in NNAS till bridging to Canadian Nursing program at Mount Royal University. And I will also share some of my biggest mistakes which I made and resulted me so many disadvantages.

Advice 1. When you apply for NNAS, mark in both types of Nursing, LPN and RN. And also mark in more than one province.
Reason: To get an LPN license for BSCNs is much easier than RN license. And you can get an LPN job meanwhile working on your RN license. Same goes with province, some province are flexible and easy. CARNA is the worst

Advise 3: Make sure, your English scores, immunizations are valid before entering into Bridge to Canadian Nursing program
Reason Because you need to keep your English score valid through out the program. Once you get into prog, you dont have enough time to fullfill these requirements.

Reason: Because its useless, 101% is guaranteed failure rate. If you somehow manage to pass, they will still ask to do skills or few courses. For skills, they fail you in documentation . For courses, registration into courses is very time taking because they give priority to their full-time students and then failures and in the last, your turn will come.

Advise 5: Please start your process from your homeland rather coming in Canada and then apply

Advise 6: (For Albertans) In the meantime, you apply for nurses license, you can apply for Childcare worker license to begin with, Its easy to get and in ALberta, there are alot of jobs available. Its no cost license.

Best of luck!!!!
SEC Means Competency assessments . Nursing Community Assessment Service (NCAS Assessment) for CRNBC?. Is this exam difficult? But SEC is stopping December 2016 and NCAS is starting January 2017, see ncas bc. am i correct?

nursero

Jul 21, 2015
Hello,

Best of luck!!!!

Hi,

Thank you for this post.
I have also applied for the BCN.
Did you get in?How long did it take to get in the program?I've been trying since 2016.

Thank you.

hermione17

Oct 31, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-May-2014
AOR Received.
22-Sep-2014
Med's Request
4-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
28-Oct-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
4-Feb-2015
LANDED..........
20-Aug-2015!! Thanks God!
Hi,

Thank you for this post.
I have also applied for the BCN.
Did you get in?How long did it take to get in the program?I've been trying since 2016.

Thank you.
Hi have you applied last Oct1? What time did you get in their website?

hermione17

Oct 31, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-May-2014
AOR Received.
22-Sep-2014
Med's Request
4-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
28-Oct-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
4-Feb-2015
LANDED..........
20-Aug-2015!! Thanks God!
Hello,

Best of luck!!!!
Thanks for sharing! Is getting an LPN license in Alberta easier than getting a healthcare aide challenge course? Salary wise and job demand wise, which one is better?