+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NURSES of Ontario (Toronto)

chachu

Jun 27, 2014
Hi
Iam an RPN in Ontario . Do u have degree from us . I am planning to take online degree from us . But iam really concerned is cno will accept that one . If u know any information pls share with me . my email address is janetn1010@gmail.com. Pls answer me

bunso

Jul 4, 2014
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I am a nursing graduates of 2014 in the Philippines a 31 years old female and i want to work in Canada as a nurse or in US. Can you tell me what would be the best step for me to take, because I've heard that even without taking a local board exam only NCLEX would do. Please I need a lot of advice. Thanks :)

KatrinaMichelle

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013 (LC1)
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2014
Med's Request
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
June 5 and 9, 2014
Interview........
August 7, 2014.. :)
Passport Req..
July 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 20, 2014 (received via DHL Sep 3,2014)
LANDED..........
Booked! :) Praise God!
bunso said:
Hi,

I am new to this forum. I am a nursing graduates of 2014 in the Philippines a 31 years old female and i want to work in Canada as a nurse or in US. Can you tell me what would be the best step for me to take, because I've heard that even without taking a local board exam only NCLEX would do. Please I need a lot of advice. Thanks :)
You need to be licensed in your home country before you can apply for registration in Canada.

cvpa

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
07-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
29-Aug-2015
Passport Req..
5-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-Feb-2016 (COPR)
LANDED..........
17-Apr-2016
RN said:
Hello,

As I continue to work on my research. I found that one of my postings was not up to date. The pass rate for internationally educated nurses has now increased to 70% for those who wrote the exam in 2009. See here http://www.cna-nurses.ca/CNA/documents/pdf/publications/CRNE_Bulletin_April_2010_e.pdf

I still strongly suggest that before you write the exam, you get the CRNE exam study book that have questions and you may want to take exam review courses. Do not take the US exam review course as the exam are very very different.

Sarass, you are welcome.

Thank you,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

Can I ask a question about this? I am confused whether to apply through CNO process or NNAS to become RN in Canada? have you ever heard of it?
Background: 5 years experience as Government Nurse in the Philippines, will be in Canada with an open work permit as dependent to a student husband.
Confused between these sites;
http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/registration-requirements/
https://www.nnas.ca/timelines-and-fees/
Has your GF gotten a TRV? That could be very challenging.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hii Guys,
I have completed my studies (bachelors and masters in Nursing) from India, currently working in Ireland as a staff nurse for more than 2 yrs, a total experience of 5 yrs, I have already forwarded my application to NNAS ,awaiting their advisory report, Im also awaiting my decision regarding PR through express entry. I would be grateful if anyone can answer my queries regarding nursing registration in Canada
1. which provincincal (province) nursing body is lenient in assessing the credentials, inorder to get the eligibility for Nclex
2. In the meantime, should I apply for LPN also, rather than just waiting for the regulatory bodies to assess my credentials for RN, as I want to start working as early as possible
3. are there any courses that can be attended by IEN's which will eventually bridge the competency gaps, until I wait for the decision from the regulatory bodies
Can you please delete at least one of your multiple same questions in separate posts.

Marthe

Jan 29, 2019
[QUOTE = "niwrrehs, post: 573211, member: 78407"] Bonjour à toutes les infirmières qui envisagent d’atterrir à Toronto ou même à Toronto. Partageons les gars ici pour le bénéfice des autres et pour nous aussi. [/ QUOTE]

Marthe

Jan 29, 2019
Bonjour depuis le Cameroun. Suis nouvelle svp. Infirmière à la recherche d'un emploi au Canada. Merci

Quebecdreams...

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hello Everyone!
I'm an RN(Diploma in Nursing) from India and will be moving to Toronto as an PR in near future ,I would like to do Bsc.Nursing in Toronto basing on my Diploma, need some suggestions and guidance in regard to fees, course duration and other criterias.

CoJo

Aug 12, 2020
Hi Guys,

Can I ask a question about this? I am confused whether to apply through CNO process or NNAS to become RN in Canada? have you ever heard of it?
Background: 5 years experience as Government Nurse in the Philippines, will be in Canada with an open work permit as dependent to a student husband.
Confused between these sites;
http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/registration-requirements/
https://www.nnas.ca/timelines-and-fees/
Your question is already old but I happened to get an answer from the College of Nurses of Ontario on this question today (August 12, 2020), so I am posting it for your and everyone else's information:

"Thank you for contacting the College of Nurses of Ontario.

When starting an application with CNO,the first step in the application process is to create an account with the National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS) at www.nnas.ca. NNAS is the national body that starts collecting documents and assessing internationally educated nurses applying to become RNs and RPNs in Ontario. Once you have received your report from NNAS, you will then create an account with CNO and create a new application as an International applicant. Once the application form has been submitted and the non-refundable application fee has been paid, you will receive next steps via the online portal.

If you are a Canadian Citizen at the start of your NNAS application, you will be asked to provide them a copy of your document. If not, you can provide it to CNO once applicable. However you will only be eligible to register with CNO once all registration requirements are met.

If you have any further questions contact us by e-mail at cno@cnomail.org, by phone at 416 928-0900 or toll free in Canada at 1 800 387-5526.

Sincerely,
CNO Customer Service"