+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Number of family members (Please help)

Mrs_Boss

Oct 22, 2015
Since I am separated from my husband, do I need to count him in the question that asks for number of family members? I have a child, so should I just put 2 (myself and child) or 3 (myself, child and separated spouse).

NB. He will not be included on my application.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are legally divorced, No. And you don't need to even mention them in your application, you will choose marital status as 'divorced'.

If you are merely separated, Yes. They will be a part of your application, you will choose marital status as 'separated'. You will need to get them to sign up for medicals, arrange PCC(s) and showcase additional POF as well. If some or all of these are impossible to get, you'll need to provide legal documentation showing that you've filed for divorce and request CIC to waive off these requirements in your case - such concessions will be at the discretion of the officer.

audrey888

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
If you are legally divorced, No. And you don't need to even mention them in your application, you will choose marital status as 'divorced'.

If you are merely separated, Yes. They will be a part of your application, you will choose marital status as 'separated'. You will need to get them to sign up for medicals, arrange PCC(s) and showcase additional POF as well. If some or all of these are impossible to get, you'll need to provide legal documentation showing that you've filed for divorce and request CIC to waive off these requirements in your case - such concessions will be at the discretion of the officer.

Hi Asivad
What about common law separation with Notarized Separation form from Service Canada? Is the partner still part of the application?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
audrey888 said:
Hi Asivad
What about common law separation with Notarized Separation form from Service Canada? Is the partner still part of the application?
With no prior knowledge of such a situation, I would guess No.