+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Number of cases Accepted. Processed, and refused in CEC 2008-2013

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My lawyer recently attended an immigration event where a spokesman from CIC stated that recent figures showed that the acceptance rate for CEC was actually around 60%.

People do need to spend more time on their application prior to submission. I agree that a legit immigration lawyer / consultant can be helpful - if you can afford it.

However, no matter how you do it, on your own or with others, people need to invest a lot more time into understanding what they are doing prior to submission.

I had been reviewing the documents for 2 years on my own prior to submission.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
byrwus said:
Fully agree.
CEC is one of the easiest gates for Permanent residency.
Lots of people know that they do not qualify but they want it so badly so they still apply. 550 dollars is not a whole lot. This attitude is silly indeed. Begging cover letters will not change anything and will not help.

If you were hired as a custodian, you were not a toilet supplies manager even though You had to call your boss every time you run out of soap.
But There is at least 15% of applicants who have the right to think that they meet the program requirements and they fail. Applying was justified though.
This is what slows down the process - it's not justified.

If they don't qualify, they wont be accepted. So applying in the hope that this isn't the case is pointless for everyone. 60% pass means for every 100 apps 40 are rejected. That's 40 cases being looked at by 2 x IO's that weren't even eligible to begin with !

Omshri

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 14, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
April 6, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront, March 29, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
some news

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/tim-hortons-boss-accused-of-cheating-filipino-workers-for-ot-1.2451512

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Current wait time is 12-13 months.
First 2 months for AOR, next 7 months till MR, next 2 months for PPR, next COPR - you get the idea.

It is just thousands of applications are in queue. There is nothing we can do about it. After sending app and receiving AOR, for few months our files just sit and wait for their turn. Once the VO picks up your file, things get in motion and you get a decision with in few months.

I am hoping with recent changes in policy, the process will be shortened.