+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NS PNP Express Entry: Is this stream still processing or closed?

Mikita

Aug 9, 2021
I’m currently working in NS and applied my NS PNP under NS Experience: Express Entry in June. However, I can’t seem to find any recent PNP draws so I’m not sure if this stream is closed or it is just too many applications in the queue waiting to be assessed. I did receive my letter of completion check in June as well. The NS PNP website didn’t update anything related to the processing/draw updates. Anyone knows what happened if PNP did not draw?

The reason I am posting here is because I have seen ON and AB PNP continue to draw in previous months. If the NS PNP is closed, why hasn’t the program shut down the application portal, it is so confusing.

Longhair

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
I’m currently working in NS and applied my NS PNP under NS Experience: Express Entry in June. However, I can’t seem to find any recent PNP draws so I’m not sure if this stream is closed or it is just too many applications in the queue waiting to be assessed. I did receive my letter of completion check in June as well. The NS PNP website didn’t update anything related to the processing/draw updates. Anyone knows what happened if PNP did not draw?

The reason I am posting here is because I have seen ON and AB PNP continue to draw in previous months. If the NS PNP is closed, why hasn’t the program shut down the application portal, it is so confusing.
When in June did you apply? It takes a minimum of 3 months and maximum of 6. I find that this is happening to workers who moved to NS from another province and did not originally establish here. not saying that this is the actual case though. Did you move from another province? Call NS immigration

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

It is not closed. NS just doesn’t post its draws, nor do they have to. Did you study in NS? What is your NOC? When did you get your application in?

Reactions: Longhair

Longhair

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
It is not closed. NS just doesn’t post its draws, nor do they have to. Did you study in NS? What is your NOC? When did you get your application in?
@Naturgrl do you know if you need POF if nominated under the NS Experience at the federal level as an inland NS nominee with current employment? I see no pof required at the provincial level.

Mikita

Aug 9, 2021
When in June did you apply? It takes a minimum of 3 months and maximum of 6. I find that this is happening to workers who moved to NS from another province and did not originally establish here. not saying that this is the actual case though. Did you move from another province? Call NS immigration
Yeah I applied in June 11 and received the letter of completion check in Jun 22, then no update after that. I am an NS graduate working for an NS employmer.

Reactions: Longhair

Mikita

Aug 9, 2021
I’m a NS graduate, applied under the NOC B 1311 on June 11 and received the letter of completion on June 22, no more update since that.

NoMuffin

Sep 18, 2022
Any updates? I'm going through the same situation here. It's been over 5 months for me. Wondering if they stopped the entire process. When I sent the follow up email, it's mentioned that I'm still in the queue for the assessment. :rolleyes:

VanessaE

Star Member
Mar 30, 2018

Hi Mikita, I am just putting my application for NS Skilled Worker together. I wanted to ask what you used as your proof of funds? I already live and work in NS. 10 months of my 1 year skilled work was got from working in NS. Good luck to you!!