+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Now worried about conjugal application

jckovacs

Star Member
Mar 14, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, we're going to try this first. If they send it back, we'll do what we can where needed.

I messaged Allison, so I hope to hear back soon.

Again, thanks everyone, you're more help then you know!

mayasita

Sep 19, 2010
A couple things ..

1)If there is any indication that you will one day marry, the conjugal will be denied... CIC will say apply when that day comes, immigration is not to "try it out" or for "fiancée"...
It is for people who consider themselves spouses...

2) I've read allysons story, they are a hetreosexual couple (not that it matters) and her application was bulletproof, demonstrating every level of interdependence... She knew/knows the processing guideline inside and out, I think she would have a good idea if your app is solid...

my suggestion, if marriage is your eventual intention, bite the bullet and do it now... Submit this to CIC with related evidence/ explaination while your application is in process and they will change your application to a standard spousal one... Likely ensuring your success if the rest of your evidence is solid and your application is in order...

Good luck

jckovacs

Star Member
Mar 14, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow, they wont accept it if you mention you plan to marry. Don't think we did. But I'll look over everything again, just to be sure. We're not getting married for the paperwork. So we're not going to go off and do that, and change it to spousal sponsorship.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jckovacs said:
Wow, they wont accept it if you mention you plan to marry. Don't think we did. But I'll look over everything again, just to be sure. We're not getting married for the paperwork. So we're not going to go off and do that, and change it to spousal sponsorship.
How long have you been in this relationship? Is the relationship common knowledge to all your friends and family members? Have you lives become intertwined on all levels including financial, i.e. join bank accounts, insurance policies, wills, etc.?

If I recall correctly, Allison's application was solid because of significant proof of all of the above. Have you read OP Manual 2? You might want to give that a look.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf

jckovacs

Star Member
Mar 14, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rjessome said:
How long have you been in this relationship? Is the relationship common knowledge to all your friends and family members? Have you lives become intertwined on all levels including financial, i.e. join bank accounts, insurance policies, wills, etc.?

We've been together three years this April. Yes to all of the above.

If I recall correctly, Allison's application was solid because of significant proof of all of the above. Have you read OP Manual 2? You might want to give that a look.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf
And yes to reading the manual as well. :D

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
jckovacs,

I replied to your private messages. Best of luck to you.

Thanks for all the complimentary comments about my app and helpfulness, fellow forum members. :-* You've made my day a little brighter.

Allison