+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*********November/December 2017***INLAND*** SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

zbpbjll

Oct 24, 2018
Me too! Just got the DM letter Now I just have to wait for landing letter feom Kitcheber office.
hey, I got an update for my Kitchener office landing, thought it might be helpful to you. I DID get my landing letter last week but I didn’t know because it came in MAIL. I don’t know about other offices but it seems for Kitchener it comes in mail so check your mailbox (when I called CIC a couple days earlier they said they don’t see Kitchener send me any communication, but I guess it’s because they sent it through mail but not through email or CIC system)

The CIC agent told me that it takes about 3 week for Kitchener to contact you for landing, so if you have passed that time and still didn’t receive it, call them and they can send a note to the IRCC Kitchener to remind them.

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
hey, I got an update for my Kitchener office landing, thought it might be helpful to you. I DID get my landing letter last week but I didn’t know because it came in MAIL. I don’t know about other offices but it seems for Kitchener it comes in mail so check your mailbox (when I called CIC a couple days earlier they said they don’t see Kitchener send me any communication, but I guess it’s because they sent it through mail but not through email or CIC system)

The CIC agent told me that it takes about 3 week for Kitchener to contact you for landing, so if you have passed that time and still didn’t receive it, call them and they can send a note to the IRCC Kitchener to remind them.
Thank you so much for letting me know! And congratulations, you're finally done!

So for you, it was about 3 weeks from DM to landing letter? Also, if you don't mind me asking, when is your appointment? Thanks

zbpbjll

Oct 24, 2018
Thank you so much for letting me know! And congratulations, you're finally done!

So for you, it was about 3 weeks from DM to landing letter? Also, if you don't mind me asking, when is your appointment? Thanks
no, for me it's about 2 weeks, my DM is on Oct3, then the landing letter is dated on Oct16, i only got it yesterday because I never expected it to come in mail and I don't check my mailbox regularly :p The 3 week is from the CIC agent that I called, and IRCC Kitchener reported their time to issue an landing letter is around 3 weeks.
And my interview is Oct 30, so two weeks from the landing letter is issued.

Hope yours would come soon :)

Reactions: Baharm

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
no, for me it's about 2 weeks, my DM is on Oct3, then the landing letter is dated on Oct16, i only got it yesterday because I never expected it to come in mail and I don't check my mailbox regularly :p The 3 week is from the CIC agent that I called, and IRCC Kitchener reported their time to issue an landing letter is around 3 weeks.

Thanks and congratulations again!

LC2017

Aug 30, 2018
Hi! I am almost the same timeline as yours.
INLAND
Nov 7 app received
Jan 2- AOR
May 11- MedReq
June 2-Med passed
No update since then.

Do you have any update?
Thank you.
Hey I am being sponsored by my Canadian husband and I have a daughter back home (Africa)who will be granted permanent resident at the same time as me if all goes well.Here is my timeline
November 17 2017 Application received
January 2018 AOR
February 2018 Schedule À and police check request
May 25 2018 Medical exam requested
Sept 25 2018 Approved in Principle
On Ecas it says Decision made under sponsorship application and in process under permanent residence app when logged in as sponsor.-I am worried as my passport expires in February and can’t renew it from here crossing fingers I receive DM soon

Kayden

Dec 12, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Hey I am being sponsored by my Canadian husband and I have a daughter back home (Africa)who will be granted permanent resident at the same time as me if all goes well.Here is my timeline
January 2018 AOR
On Ecas it says Decision made under sponsorship application and in process under permanent residence app when logged in as sponsor.-I am worried as my passport expires in February and can’t renew it from here crossing fingers I receive DM that's
January 2018 AOR
On Ecas it says Decision made under sponsorship application and in process under permanent residence app when logged in as sponsor.-I am worried as my passport expires in February and can’t renew it from here crossing fingers I receive DM soon
U need 6 months validity on your passport for visa to be granted. It's on the ircc website and it will also be on the dm letter. Sorry to say but you need to renew your passport.

LC2017

Aug 30, 2018
U need 6 months validity on your passport for visa to be granted. It's on the ircc website and it will also be on the dm letter. Sorry to say but you need to renew your passport.
Oh My God even tho I don’t need visa as I am Am already in Canada ...sorry if I confused you...I need landing papers for my understanding.

Kayden

Dec 12, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Oh My God even tho I don’t need visa as I am Am already in Canada ...sorry if I confused you...I need landing papers for my understanding.
Yes sorry that's what I meant. To become a pr your passport must have the least 6 months validity before it expires.

Worry786

Nov 26, 2017
I got my landing letter and have a interview on 6nov at hamilton office.
Can someone share their experience about the interview and what questions they ask ?
Thx

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017

@zbpbjll Hey, How was your landing interview, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:

Worry786

Nov 26, 2017
Hi all
I thought i should share with all of you who are waiting for good news since we all applied around the same time
Application received dec 14 2017
Medical request june 13th 2018
Decision made 26oct 2018
Labding Interview date 6th nov hamilton office

So today i went to hamilton office for my landing interview... it was very straight forward nothing to panic about. They ask so straightforward questions. And get you sign the landing papers
Questions asked to me:-
1. Which port I entered last in canada
2. Dates of travel to canada
3. Proof of employment and pay stubs
4. Refused entry to canda or any dependants

And after this she printed a paper and asked to sign and initial those answers and said congrats!!! For PR!!!

it took about 20 mins altogether..

Goodluck to all

Reactions: AshaMc