+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 2015 CIC APPLICANTS

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
no, but security screening is for CSIS ,and HIRV is for CBSA, both of them is background check
CBSA is the authority to finalize your security report and issue the security clearance. CSIS sends the report to CBSA for final decision on the security. If your file is PACE then you passed the security. Also, you can check the number of security screening activities to be sure that if CBSA sent the report or not.

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
CBSA is the authority to finalize your security report and issue the security clearance. CSIS sends the report to CBSA for final decision on the security. If your file is PACE then you passed the security. Also, you can check the number of security screening activities to be sure that if CBSA sent the report or not.
Thank you umanitoba!
I got 1 security, 3 security screening.
Could you please tell me how many security screening activities should be to see that if CBSA sent the report or not?
How many security screening you have for now?

Last edited:

googgirl

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
hey, guys i did send my passport yesterday but i forgot to write name and Date of birth at the back of photograph, so does it matter? does anyone did that? pls reply friends.

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
hey, guys i did send my passport yesterday but i forgot to write name and Date of birth at the back of photograph, so does it matter? does anyone did that? pls reply friends.
not yet. but I think you could call CIC to clarify that asking them to leave a note for you to the officer who is processing your visa?

Mar 29, 2017
I asked CBSA to answer if they have received security check request from IRCC and whether they have finished the SS?
Today I received a CD from CBSA and basically they send me a GCMS note issued by IRCC (???? WTF)

And according to that GCMS note, my file status is PS-SEC-PEND since Jan 2017 (???? WTF)

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
I asked CBSA to answer if they have received security check request from IRCC and whether they have finished the SS?
Today I received a CD from CBSA and basically they send me a GCMS note issued by IRCC (???? WTF)

And according to that GCMS note, my file status is PS-SEC-PEND since Jan 2017 (???? WTF)
What!!! How many scurity screening activity you got already? just 1, since Jan 2017?

Mar 29, 2017
No my friend! I think you are almost there too! could you see the type? if it is security screening, you have 3 then, you just need the last one to move to PACE status.
Hi Alex,
first of all, IRCC said SS for me was not intiated, that was back in late Aug.
secondly, I included my spouse in my application,
activity 1/2/3/4 are hidden, 5 is for my medical, 6 hidden ( guess it's for my spouse), 7 is my criminality, 8 hidden, 9 my eligibility, 10 my RCMP screening, 11 hidden, 12 my RCMP screening, 13 hidden, 14 my RCMP screening, 15 my criminality, 16/17 hidden, 18 my biographic, 19/20/21 hidden, 22/23 my biographic, 24/25 hidden, 26/27 my biographic, 28/29/30 hidden, 31 my eligibility, 32 my medical, 33 hidden, 34 my criminality

So I guess I only have 2 security activities so far? since my spouse is also included?

vanrain88

Oct 12, 2017
Hey,guys. I need help.I just got PPR. I have a question about passport required. My wife was on my application, but My wife’s name didn’t show on the email. Can I send my wife’s passport and photos with me together?

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
Hi Alex,
first of all, IRCC said SS for me was not intiated, that was back in late Aug.
secondly, I included my spouse in my application,
activity 1/2/3/4 are hidden, 5 is for my medical, 6 hidden ( guess it's for my spouse), 7 is my criminality, 8 hidden, 9 my eligibility, 10 my RCMP screening, 11 hidden, 12 my RCMP screening, 13 hidden, 14 my RCMP screening, 15 my criminality, 16/17 hidden, 18 my biographic, 19/20/21 hidden, 22/23 my biographic, 24/25 hidden, 26/27 my biographic, 28/29/30 hidden, 31 my eligibility, 32 my medical, 33 hidden, 34 my criminality

So I guess I only have 2 security activities so far? since my spouse is also included?
Maybe 2 security screening for each of you? In that case, you guys need wait for the 3rd and the 4th to come. You should be able to see at least if it is the applicant or spouse's security activity. Why not order another note to see if this time the officer who process your note could release that information?

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
Hey,guys. I need help.I just got PPR. I have a question about passport required. My wife was on my application, but My wife’s name didn’t show on the email. Can I send my wife’s passport and photos with me together?
If you guys are inland, you can call CIC to check it out. I am not there yet, so you'd better call CIC.

Mar 29, 2017
Maybe 2 security screening for each of you? In that case, you guys need wait for the 3rd and the 4th to come. You should be able to see at least if it is the applicant or spouse's security activity. Why not order another note to see if this time the officer who process your note could release that information?
Ordered, should arrive early next week