09-10-2017
Interview........
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
youngeajoy said:
Status of "A background check is needed" changed today from "In Progress" to "Not needed at this time"
that is good.....from what i have been able to find out this indicates that you have passed background check. Now just wait till passport request :)

youngeajoy

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-10-2015
AOR Received.
25-02-2016
LANDED..........
27-08-2013
But I am still waiting for medical here :eek:

Abdul Hannan

Oct 22, 2013
Winnipeg Manitoba
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS - Inland
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25/07/2015
Nomination.....
12/07/2016
AOR Received.
29/10/2016
IELTS Request
CELPIP UPFRONT
File Transfer...
WAITING
Med's Request
09-10-2017
Med's Done....
09-10-2017
Interview........
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
youngeajoy said:
But I am still waiting for medical here :eek:
Oh ok sorry......generally background and security checks are indicators of approval and mostly occur after medicals. CIC keeps changing its methods like it sometimes couples AOR with Med request. But anyways its a good sign indicating there is progress on your case and you will get Med soon!

youngeajoy

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-10-2015
AOR Received.
25-02-2016
LANDED..........
27-08-2013
Abdul Hannan said:
Oh ok sorry......generally background and security checks are indicators of approval and mostly occur after medicals. CIC keeps changing its methods like it sometimes couples AOR with Med request. But anyways its a good sign indicating there is progress on your case and you will get Med soon!
;) Thanks for your excellent analysis. I have my upfront medical exam done and after my doctor confirm with me that my result is good, I will forward the result to IRCC. Wish this could save some time ;D

Bnds

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Hello guys,

I am Dec 2015 applicant last month 22nd n I paid RPRF fee and receipt e-mailed to CIO cost recovery email (CIO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca). Yesterday I got an email from CIC to pay the RPRF fee I made a case specific enquiry and uploaded recipt. Is that enough or should I call CIC and inform them. please anyone let me know!

liruieusoc

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Bnds said:
Hello guys,

I am Dec 2015 applicant last month 22nd n I paid RPRF fee and receipt e-mailed to CIO cost recovery email (CIO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca). Yesterday I got an email from CIC to pay the RPRF fee I made a case specific enquiry and uploaded recipt. Is that enough or should I call CIC and inform them. please anyone let me know!
i think u can also upload the receipt to ur online account as well. But actually i think case specific enquiry is enough already and make sure u get response from them.

Druce

Champion Member
Aug 6, 2012
South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
NOC Code......
0621 - Retail and Wholesale Trade Manager
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MPNP 22 April 2014 CIC 22 September 2015
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
11 September 2015
AOR Received.
11 December 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
1 February 2016
Med's Request
4 August 2016
Med's Done....
10 August 2016 - Passed 31 August 2016 on myCIC
Interview........
noce
Passport Req..
12 Septmeber 2016
VISA ISSUED...
28 September 2016
LANDED..........
Mid December 2016 if all goes well!
raja963 said:
I am November applicant. paid RRPF fee in Jan. no medicals request yet.

did anyone got medicals recently?
I went to my local VO (they only see applicants in person on the first Tuesday of every month) and asked what was happening with my file. They said everything was in place and that I will receive medicals shortly, and I did.

youngeajoy said:
;) Thanks for your excellent analysis. I have my upfront medical exam done and after my doctor confirm with me that my result is good, I will forward the result to IRCC. Wish this could save some time ;D
When at the VO I asked the consultant if I should not go for upfront medicals. She told me that upfront medicals are a huge problem for applicants that should not be doing them (EE is allowed and paper based should wait for MR). The problem is that if you dont have the medical request with the IME no which your medicals needs to get linked to on the online system, you medicals goes into a "pool" where all medicals without IME no are. They then have to manually go and look on this system for your and all dependents medicals and link it up to your IME no once they issue it.

I was strongly advised NOT to do upfront by them as this may delay or complicate my case.

There is NO proof whatsoever that upfront medicals saves any time. The only time you might save is the time to make the appointment and go for the actual medical. Saving this time versus delaying/complicating your case by an undetermined time (weeks/months) is not worth it.

You have come this far in the process, why risk gaining a week when you could lose months?

This is just my opinion based on what I was told by the officer at my local VO and all the posts I have read thus far.

Please hit the [good] +1 button if this helped you in any way :p

liruieusoc

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Druce said:
I went to my local VO (they only see applicants in person on the first Tuesday of every month) and asked what was happening with my file. They said everything was in place and that I will receive medicals shortly, and I did.

When at the VO I asked the consultant if I should not go for upfront medicals. She told me that upfront medicals are a huge problem for applicants that should not be doing them (EE is allowed and paper based should wait for MR). The problem is that if you dont have the medical request with the IME no which your medicals needs to get linked to on the online system, you medicals goes into a "pool" where all medicals without IME no are. They then have to manually go and look on this system for your and all dependents medicals and link it up to your IME no once they issue it.

I was strongly advised NOT to do upfront by them as this may delay or complicate my case.

There is NO proof whatsoever that upfront medicals saves any time. The only time you might save is the time to make the appointment and go for the actual medical. Saving this time versus delaying/complicating your case by an undetermined time (weeks/months) is not worth it.

You have come this far in the process, why risk gaining a week when you could lose months?

This is just my opinion based on what I was told by the officer at my local VO and all the posts I have read thus far.

When did u go to the VO ask ur case? And after how long did u get the MR? thx!

youngeajoy

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-10-2015
AOR Received.
25-02-2016
LANDED..........
27-08-2013
Druce said:

Well, different VO may have different approaches. VO outside of Canada send MER in very early stage while inland applicants will only get MER before PPR.
Based on other inland cases I've seen, I think as an inland applicant, doing that upfront medical exam could expedite my case a bit.
But thanks for your advice anyway.

raja963

Star Member
May 25, 2016
does anyone know what is this form mean?

"Proof that you meet the requirements of the job being offered."

The above form is requested when i tried to extend my work permit (closed to company)

azure04

Jan 16, 2016
liruieusoc said:
i think u can also upload the receipt to ur online account as well. But actually i think case specific enquiry is enough already and make sure u get response from them.
agree with this... CSE is a better way, and it was instructed in the reminder letter