+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 2015 CIC APPLICANTS

Ambros

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
The second half of May, feel like we won't hear anything till Jun again in this channel...
I was in MP's office on Monday. They told me that I have to wait a few more months. I do not see the end. I do not see how the MP office helps us. No help from them. My daughter finishes high school and loses her status as a student. After 33 months in the PR process, my daughter can not get a work permit. My decision is to give up in July and travel home to Europe.

Reactions: MarsiaMS

HeyStarbucks

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
I was in MP's office on Monday. They told me that I have to wait a few more months. I do not see the end. I do not see how the MP office helps us. No help from them. My daughter finishes high school and loses her status as a student. After 33 months in the PR process, my daughter can not get a work permit. My decision is to give up in July and travel home to Europe.
omg. That's crazy. I think MP won't give any help because it is definitely off their hands. But 33 months?! That's crazy...

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
I am so sorry that you are going through this. Did they give you any reason for the delay? Can you sue them? 33 months is just off the charts.

sajjoo

May 14, 2012
Quick update.

I have received the PPR email today. I am Dec 14 , 2015 applicant. Both me and my wife were asked for CV and publication list back in April 2017. Medical passed since Dec 2016.

Seems like there is roughly one year time for comprehensive security clearance. I hope you all will get PPR very soon.

Thanks

Ambros

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
I am so sorry that you are going through this. Did they give you any reason for the delay? Can you sue them? 33 months is just off the charts.
stuck in a security check since April last year. Everyone is another reason, travel, my country does not cooperate with the Canadian government well, military, I do not know how in 13 months they did not find what they are looking for. Probably looking for me on the moon hehe. I got stuck in a drawer of a desk with an officer who does not know that I exist. I will not sue because I do not have money for a lawyer. I work hard for 4 years with a closed work permit. I have paid up to now 7 work and student permits. 6 medical exam (for family) I paid PNP application, PR application. As I arrived in Canada, I am only paying the Canadian government. After all, my child has no right to work here. She can stay as a visitor. No thanks!!!

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
stuck in a security check since April last year. Everyone is another reason, travel, my country does not cooperate with the Canadian government well, military, I do not know how in 13 months they did not find what they are looking for. Probably looking for me on the moon hehe. I got stuck in a drawer of a desk with an officer who does not know that I exist. I will not sue because I do not have money for a lawyer. I work hard for 4 years with a closed work permit. I have paid up to now 7 work and student permits. 6 medical exam (for family) I paid PNP application, PR application. As I arrived in Canada, I am only paying the Canadian government. After all, my child has no right to work here. She can stay as a visitor. No thanks!!!
Wow. Just wow. The press may take interest in your case. After all, you are a Canadian taxpayer, and you paid your PR fees.

SERAPH_WAITingForPPR

Oct 17, 2017
I saw the following post in other thread "My friend got PPR finally. He was Dec 2015 applicant. The bottle neck is the security check which has a deadline of 18 months according to his MP (just for security check). He got his PPR at his 18th month of security "in progress". In other words, they had to do sth about it so they sent him PPR!"

Anyone has security check more than 18 month here?

HeyStarbucks

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
I saw the following post in other thread "My friend got PPR finally. He was Dec 2015 applicant. The bottle neck is the security check which has a deadline of 18 months according to his MP (just for security check). He got his PPR at his 18th month of security "in progress". In other words, they had to do sth about it so they sent him PPR!"

I believe I am currently in my 14 months' security check. When did your security check starts Seraph?

Samzzk

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-06-2017

I have no idea how long i have been in security check..how do i know??

Samzzk

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
I know that it has been almost in security check since jan 2017

SERAPH_WAITingForPPR

Oct 17, 2017
November 2015 applicant
asked for CV, ... on Jan 2017
I checked my stats here (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html)
it was: decision made
I called CIC today and they said my application is approved, and will get PPR letter soon

it was an unfair unforgettable pain for me and is still for you, God give you patience

BR
Same November 2015 applicant for two. Asked CV for both of us on Jan 2017, provided on Feb 2017. Still in progress

Do you know when you security check started and finished? I.E. how long CSIS takes and how long CBSA takes