+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 2015 CIC APPLICANTS

katherine888999

Jan 15, 2018
Yes, I think activity 1 is the CBSA replied to IRCC. So yours should be finished. I think if you order another note, you should see your file location moves to PACE
Thanks so much Alex, you really know a lot about this ~
I really hope my security check finished. And I hope yours has already been finished as well.
Do you why all our cases ware sent to CBSA instead of CSIS, as I thought all our case would be sent to CSIS first ~
Oh, anyway, I hope we all get our ppr soon...

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
Thanks so much Alex, you really know a lot about this ~
I really hope my security check finished. And I hope yours has already been finished as well.
Do you why all our cases ware sent to CBSA instead of CSIS, as I thought all our case would be sent to CSIS first ~
Oh, anyway, I hope we all get our ppr soon...
Thank you Katherine888999! And you are very welcome. Let's hope for the best.

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
I have a question everyone... pls help

My work permit is expiring this Nov and my passport in Jan 2019. Should I renew my passport before I extend my work permit and when? What is the order for these two document renewals? thanks.

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
I have a question everyone... pls help

My work permit is expiring this Nov and my passport in Jan 2019. Should I renew my passport before I extend my work permit and when? What is the order for these two document renewals? thanks.
I think since both of them expire in 2019, you still have planty of time. Maybe just wait until June 2018, see if you could get PPR. I am looking forward to receiving PPR by that time. I think since our timeline is so synchronized, maybe we would get PPR together by the middle of this year.

xiaopan

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
I think since both of them expire in 2019, you still have planty of time. Maybe just wait until June 2018, see if you could get PPR. I am looking forward to receiving PPR by that time. I think since our timeline is so synchronized, maybe we would get PPR together by the middle of this year.
I hope so too!

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
Any news guys?.....it's been 25 months for me...still waiting.

I hate this wait!
This is my 26 months. No news so far. I think maybe I could hear anything before June. Otherwise, I will need apply for another work permit extension.
Are you from China too? What is your timeline?
According to my note, my file was sent to CBSA on Jan 13 2017, after since, there is no update except the medical extension.

LC1990

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
This is my 26 months. No news so far. I think maybe I could hear anything before June. Otherwise, I will need apply for another work permit extension.
According to my note, my file was sent to CBSA on Jan 13 2017, after since, there is no update except the medical extension.
Yes I am from China. I found a lot of Chinese ppl are stuck in SS background check what is that about?

my file was sent to CBSA in March 2017, i got the same medical extension as everyone else in here. Nothing after.

Hopefully, there will be news before June. Good luck everyone!

xyz2017

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Hi Alex2028, did your note clearly mention it was sent to CBSA? I have a friend, his note says file sent to ECU/CB Feb 17. His is pending review since then. Not sure it means the same as CBSA?

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
Hi Alex2028, did your note clearly mention it was sent to CBSA? I have a friend, his note says file sent to ECU/CB Feb 17. His is pending review since then. Not sure it means the same as CBSA?
Yes, it means your friend's file is in CBSA. I called CIC before, they told me it is in CBSA. And I also received the same email stating my file" is waiting review of an officer". My file was sitting on the desk of CBSA officer since Jan 13th, and nobody touches it after since. It seems to me that most of Chinese applicants in SS are facing the same situation, I am not sure what happened, why our files are not processed at all.

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
Yes I am from China. I found a lot of Chinese ppl are stuck in SS background check what is that about?

my file was sent to CBSA in March 2017, i got the same medical extension as everyone else in here. Nothing after.

Hopefully, there will be news before June. Good luck everyone!
Yeah, it looks like CBSA SS Chinese applicants taking the longest time, actually, nobody touches my file since Jan 13, 2017 when it was sent to CBSA. I don't know why.

xyz2017

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Yes, it means your friend's file is in CBSA. I called CIC before, they told me it is in CBSA. And I also received the same email stating my file" is waiting review of an officer". My file was sitting on the desk of CBSA officer since Jan 13th, and nobody touches it after since. It seems to me that most of Chinese applicants in SS are facing the same situation, I am not sure what happened, why our files are not processed at all.
Thats so unfair, officer review pending for that long. In notes your security is also showing 'not started' and rest (elig, criminality and medical) as passed?