+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 2015 CIC APPLICANTS

AB_xyz

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
umanitoba said:
Dec applicants here still nothing. Background changed to in progress early April and I have no idea how long does it take to receive a decision but I've heard still people waiting and stuck in BG from July-Oct 2015. I wish there was a way to follow up but I guess the only options are ordering notes, mp, and sending email. Did anyone send email to CPC Ottawa or case specific thing? Was it helpful?
Hello umanitoba,

Did your ecas still showing "In process" or its "Decision Made" ?

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
AB_xyz said:
Hello umanitoba,

Did your ecas still showing "In process" or its "Decision Made" ?
Still in process. I heard from lawyers that followup in this stage is very important than before. We need to keep our record updated in terms of notes and sending followup messages to CIC. Many people don't have any idea when their background check has been started and they rely on call center. I called call center and they told me that the background check has started in Jan but based on my recent call and note the background check has started in early April.

AB_xyz

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
umanitoba said:
Still in process. I heard from lawyers that followup in this stage is very important than before. We need to keep our record updated in terms of notes and sending followup messages to CIC. Many people don't have any idea when their background check has been started and they rely on call center. I called call center and they told me that the background check has started in Jan but based on my recent call and note the background check has started in early April.
My ecas shows decision made since last 2 weeks but I could not heard any thing yet from CIC. I am December 9, 2015. Still waiting for some updates from CIC my work permit is expiring in few weeks. I am really worried now. Any advise what should I do?

Thanks

The dawn

Dec 10, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
Doc's Request.
19-09-2016
Nomination.....
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2016
IELTS Request
NONE
File Transfer...
NONE
Med's Request
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
22-01-2017 (UPFRONT)
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2017
LANDED..........
28-04-2017
AB_xyz said:
My ecas shows decision made since last 2 weeks but I could not heard any thing yet from CIC. I am December 9, 2015. Still waiting for some updates from CIC my work permit is expiring in few weeks. I am really worried now. Any advise what should I do?

Thanks

Check your junk mail- They should have sent passport request by now. The email is from CPCO (Case Processing Centre Ottawa-the subject line is Ready for Visa. If you don't find it, you can give it a couple more days before contacting them. My two cents...

AB_xyz

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
The dawn said:
Check your junk mail- They should have sent passport request by now. The email is from CPCO (Case Processing Centre Ottawa-the subject line is Ready for Visa. If you don't find it, you can give it a couple more days before contacting them. My two cents...
I checked nothing is there... :'(

Thanks

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
umanitoba said:
Dec applicants here still nothing. Background changed to in progress early April and I have no idea how long does it take to receive a decision but I've heard still people waiting and stuck in BG from July-Oct 2015. I wish there was a way to follow up but I guess the only options are ordering notes, mp, and sending email. Did anyone send email to CPC Ottawa or case specific thing? Was it helpful?
Hey check your status on ECAS as well.

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
amaan008 said:
Alex did u contact ur mp and if so what did the mp tell u about the cause for delay ??
Hi Amaan008,
No,I haven't contacted MP. I don't think they are helpful. I don't need updates, I want to issue offical complain instead.

Does anybody know how to make an offical complain about this?

mohdsafiuddin

Nov 8, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-2-2014
Doc's Request.
11-09-20116, Sent 11-09-2016
Nomination.....
31-10-2015
AOR Received.
23-3-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with nomination
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
Submitted 13-02-2017 Passed 21-02-2017
Nice.:)
How was the landing process?
What did they ask you?

alexsa75 said:
Just for information.
Inland 12 November 2015; Landing 7 March
PR card got 21 April (in mail box; date on PRcard 12 April)

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Alex2028 said:
Hi Amaan008,
No,I haven't contacted MP. I don't think they are helpful. I don't need updates, I want to issue offical complain instead.

Does anybody know how to make an offical complain about this?
It's interesting that the delays are just for inland pnps while other getting on time. For example all express entry applicants are getting PPR in 6 months. The question is that if they can perform the security screening for them why we need to wait this long. I thought the difference between EE and PNP is just when they start processing not delay in each process including security!

P

pnpab

umanitoba said:
It's interesting that the delays are just for inland pnps while other getting on time. For example all express entry applicants are getting PPR in 6 months. The question is that if they can perform the security screening for them why we need to wait this long. I thought the difference between EE and PNP is just when they start processing not delay in each process including security!
I think the security screening delays are independent of the EE and paper based application systems. I saw EE applicants on different forum pages who waited more than a year to get PPR as their security took more than 7-8 months.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
pnpab said:
I think the security scr:eening delays are independent of the EE and paper based application systems. I saw EE applicants on different forum pages who waited more than a year to get PPR as their security took more than 7-8 months.
It's interesting for you: my friend got his PPR from Ankara visa office through PNP stream (not the EE) this week. They applied in August 2016. Also, I know Iranian students received PPR through EE in Canada in 6 months.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
pnpab said:
I think the security screening delays are independent of the EE and paper based application systems. I saw EE applicants on different forum pages who waited more than a year to get PPR as their security took more than 7-8 months.
The problem is our priority for the security and also the turn over time from CSIS to CBSA and then final review by CPCO.

P

pnpab

umanitoba said:
It's interesting for you: my friend got his PPR from Ankara visa office through PNP stream (not the EE) this week. They applied in August 2016. Also, I know Iranian students received PPR through EE in Canada in 6 months.
Yeah, well I think it's difficult to explain what really is causing the delays. There seems to be cases which contradicts our hypotheses. Either way, it might be easier to just accept the notion that it takes 20 to 24 months for the whole process to be finalized. There is a cost associated to such a notion, but I think it is less troubling than having to expect it to happen sooner but repeatedly getting disappointed.

Samzzk

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
alberto121212 said:
Interesting ! Wish you the best.. I am still waiting as well. According to my previous post, there are 5 December applicants that are still waiting on this forum.
Hi im also dec 5th applicant and my nationality is pakistani