+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 2015 CIC APPLICANTS

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
pnpab said:
I don't think that is accurate. My security check started in early October 2016 but 'background check' changed in progress on 13 January 2017. There seems to be delay in updating the status. Some say the latter means everything is passed and a final review is started.
How do you know that your security started in October?? did you get GCMS notes??

P

pnpab

umanitoba said:
How do you know that your security started in October?? did you get GCMS notes??
My local MP and myself inquiried from CIC call center independentry.

Everything else was passed in early August including medicals. Are you saying my file was just sitting there until they moved it to security check stage in mid January 2017?

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
pnpab said:
My local MP and myself inquiried from CIC call center independentry.
The call center is not reliable and they always say your background is in process. Order GCMS notes and you will see the day your background changes to in progress your file will transfer to Ottawa (for inland applicants) and that's when a visa officer review your case and issue a security screen. I called call center and they said the same thing to me but when you receive your notes you will see that the security has not been started.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
That's whys some people from June, July, Aug, Sept still waiting for PPR despite background in progress since 6-7 months ago

P

pnpab

umanitoba said:
The call center is not reliable and they always say your background is in process. Order GCMS notes and you will see the day your background changes to in progress your file will transfer to Ottawa (for inland applicants) and that's when a visa officer review your case and issue a security screen. I called call center and they said the same thing to me but when you receive your notes you will see that the security has not been started.

If that's the case I should not even expect anything in 6 months thanks to my nationally.

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
5-01-2017, MED submit online 10-01-2017. MED passed 12-01-2017
Interview........
Not required at this time. DECISION MADE: 27-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017, Passport to Ottawa : 04-07-2017, Passport received by Ottawa : 06-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017, Passport Dispatched by CIC: 28-07-2017, Passport frm CIC: 31-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
umanitoba said:
Yes, first you will see background in progress and after 2-4 months DM. It's a long wait and my status is not needed as well! After DM takes 2 weeks for PPR and then after PPR 2 weeks for getting your visa! Yes just waiting and waiting without any reason!
After Med request updates as passed, my back ground check changed to inprocess from not needed. Its been inprocess since jan 14th. So need to wait for 4 months :eek:

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
pnpab said:
If that's the case I should not even expect anything in 6 months thanks to my nationally.
It's like us visa when you have interview some people get the visa immediately but some people needs to go through admin processing for 2-4 months. For example Iranian student from inside Canada from Aug, Sep are still waiting for PPR despite other got their PPR and the reason is that they are not starting the security until the last step.

Jatir Nana

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 23, 2015
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
September 24, 2015 OINP
AOR Received.
February 25, 2016
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
CPC Ottawa
Med's Request
Upfront : July 28, 2016
Med's Done....
August 7, 2016
Interview........
NO (Security and Background Complete Jan 13, 2017)
Passport Req..
February 11, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
pnpab said:
I don't think that is accurate. My security check started in early October 2016 but 'background check' changed in progress on 13 January 2017. There seems to be delay in updating the status. Some say the latter means everything is passed and a final review is started.
Hey pnpab,

I think we are in the same boat.CIC call center confirms me that my security and background check has been completed on January 13, 2017. Some ppl says that it usually take one month after completing security check. I am hoping to get my PPR within February 13, 2017.

Now I am confused that after confirming security and background has been complete can CIC go for another security check? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Moreover, my understanding is that if the status change to "In progress" that means its done, please correct me if I am wrong

Cheers.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Jatir Nana said:
Hey pnpab,

I think we are in the same boat.CIC call center confirms me that my security and background check has been completed on January 13, 2017. Some ppl says that it usually take one month after completing security check. I am hoping to get my PPR within February 13, 2017.

Now I am confused that after confirming security and background has been complete can CIC go for another security check? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Moreover, my understanding is that if the status change to "In progress" that means its done, please correct me if I am wrong

Cheers.
If you have received your GCMS notes and it said that your security is completed (file location: PACE) then I think your case is under final review. Many July, August, September applicants are waiting for PPR after background went into in progress. The best source to follow up is the GCMS notes.

P

pnpab

umanitoba said:
If you have received your GCMS notes and it said that your security is completed (file location: PACE) then I think your case is under final review. Many July, August, September applicants are waiting for PPR after background went into in progress. The best source to follow up is the GCMS notes.
I haven't ordered GCMS notes recently. I want to wait till past the security check due date and order it. But the problem is it takes at least 30 days to get the GCMS notes after ordering it.

P

pnpab

Jatir Nana said:
Hey pnpab,

Cheers.
When did your background check went into progress? On 13 January 2017 too?

Jatir Nana

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 23, 2015
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
September 24, 2015 OINP
AOR Received.
February 25, 2016
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
CPC Ottawa
Med's Request
Upfront : July 28, 2016
Med's Done....
August 7, 2016
Interview........
NO (Security and Background Complete Jan 13, 2017)
Passport Req..
February 11, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Guys ,

I was also thinking to apply for GCMS but confused right now. I want to wait until Feb 13, 2017, if don't get any response then I will go for it.

Can any of you answer my question, please.

"After confirming security and background has been complete can CIC go for another security check?"

I can't tell when it has been "in progress" because I have a representative.

P

pnpab

Jatir Nana said:
Guys ,

I was also thinking to apply for GCMS but confused right now. I want to wait until Feb 13, 2017, if don't get any response then I will go for it.

Can any of you answer my question, please.

"After confirming security and background has been complete can CIC go for another security check?"

I can't tell when it has been "in progress" because I have a representative.
I think the background check in progress means that the officer will review the information gathered by all the checks, i.e., police check, biographic, education, Medical, security, etc. and makes a decision on the application. For the case of security check, the security officials may recommend that an applicant is clear and there is no evidence or concern security wise. Then the officer may decide that the application can be approved. Or they may recommend that there is no major concern at the moment but additional investigation may be required. The applicant may be categorized as a low risk one. The officer may choose to approve the application but with a condition to have the applicant under some sort of surveillance. Ultimately, with all the gathered information the officer wil need to make a decision based on the available information.
Now if you were blessed to be born in one of those high risk countries then the officer may decide to delay the final decision as much as possible to be on the safe side. Or they may be confident and make a decision quickly.

This is just my hypothesis on how the process might work. It could all be wrong.