+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 2015 CIC APPLICANTS

dunj

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Really hoping for PPR this week, the wait is horrible and unfair, our processing time far exceeds any other stream :/
November 19, 2015

Jatir Nana

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 23, 2015
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
September 24, 2015 OINP
AOR Received.
February 25, 2016
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
CPC Ottawa
Med's Request
Upfront : July 28, 2016
Med's Done....
August 7, 2016
Interview........
NO (Security and Background Complete Jan 13, 2017)
Passport Req..
February 11, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
dunj said:
Really hoping for PPR this week, the wait is horrible and unfair, our processing time far exceeds any other stream :/
November 19, 2015
Hey Dunj,

When your security and background check has been completed. I am November 23 applicant.

Cheers

dunj

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
My background check it still in progress, since late December. Haven't ordered notes so that's all I know.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
dunj said:
November 19, 2015
The problem is there is no clear processing steps that we can understand it. There are Jan and Feb applicants that received PPR but we are waiting. I sent everything completely and still waiting. I have ordered GCMS notes to see what's going on after 14 months but it takes 30 days to get it! last year my friends got their PPR in a year or less! no idea what happened this year! my background is still not needed

Rockandroll

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Hello Guys,

I called CIC today, the agent told me my background check is in process. I think December applicants shouldn't bother too much coz their background check is still not changed to in process. I am December 23 applicant.

My time line below,
Application received- December 23 2015(PNP INLAND)
AOR- March 10 2015
Medicals received- November 2 2016
medicals passed on December 15 2016

Rockandroll

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
umanitoba said:
The problem is there is no clear processing steps that we can understand it. There are Jan and Feb applicants that received PPR but we are waiting. I sent everything completely and still waiting. I have ordered GCMS notes to see what's going on after 14 months but it takes 30 days to get it! last year my friends got their PPR in a year or less! no idea what happened this year! my background is still not needed

They are working on December applicants now. I called CIC today and the agent said my background check is in process. I check my CIC account everyday but it's showing " not needed at this time". At least I know they are working on my background check. All December applicants should be patient, they are on our security checks though it's not showing on my CIC online.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Rockandroll said:
They are working on December applicants now. I called CIC today and the agent said my background check is in process. I check my CIC account everyday but it's showing " not needed at this time". At least I know they are working on my background check. All December applicants should be patient, they are on our security checks though it's not showing on my CIC online.
I hope so! I know the security is in progress but when the security passed they will forward your application to Ottawa for final process and that's when your background changes to in progress and the officer will do another round of background check and even asks for your CV (especially if your a student). I don't think that we will get PPR in 16 months as after background in progress people waited for at least 2 months.

Pb15

Aug 3, 2015
Hey guys I just got off the phone with agent she told me that my all background and security checks are done and passed and my file is on final stage for a final review. But she told me I have to wait till April for my passport request cause I'll complete my 16 month in April. I hope she's wrong. Hope we all get through this long waiting soon.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Pb15 said:
Hey guys I just got off the phone with agent she told me that my all background and security checks are done and passed and my file is on final stage for a final review. But she told me I have to wait till April for my passport request cause I'll complete my 16 month in April. I hope she's wrong. Hope we all get through this long waiting soon.
Please share your timeline and your mycic status!

Jatir Nana

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 23, 2015
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
September 24, 2015 OINP
AOR Received.
February 25, 2016
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
CPC Ottawa
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 7, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
February 11, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Pb15 said:
Hey Pb15,

I am assuming you are a December 2015 applicant. I called CIC last month on January 13, 2017 and they told me the same but still no response.

I am little frustrated :'(

vishal1985

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO,Sydney,Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2015
Doc's Request.
20-06-2016
Nomination.....
PNP
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
27-10-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Interview........
Not required yet
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland
umanitoba said:
I hope so! I know the security is in progress but when the security passed they will forward your application to Ottawa for final process and that's when your background changes to in progress and the officer will do another round of background check and even asks for your CV (especially if your a student). I don't think that we will get PPR in 16 months as after background in progress people waited for at least 2 months.
you are almost right I think but again you many of my friend got their DM within 15 months N the worst part is that Inland applicants have to wait like crazy even though we have been in Canada for so long

ofz

Sep 21, 2015
Landing experience with a car

Hey guys,

I did my landing this Friday and thought I would share my experience to make your lives a little easier. I understand that your experience might be considerably different than mine.

I decided to do my landing late Friday night, hoping it wouldn’t be too busy. With that in mind, I rented a car on Friday and started from Toronto around 0800 PM. I was there by 0930 PM. Once there I got on the Falls Avenue and drove up to the entrance of the Rainbow Bridge [43.091794, -79.071145] and simply got on the bridge with my car. Once I reached the other end of the bridge, I drove up to one of the manned check posts with the green light and let the officer in the booth know that I am here for Flag polling.

He seemed very familiar with the process, asked us to give us our passports. I had someone with me with a Canadian Passport, which wasn’t an issue. Once he looked at the passport, he called someone and gave us our passports back, and directed us to a designated area. We drove up to the pointed area and someone was already waiting there for us. He told us to park and wait in the car and left. Within 5 minute, another border security personal came out of the building, handed us a piece of paper [Administrative Refusal], asked us to follow him in the car while he walked up to a gate and opened it for us. This gate took us to a toll both. [Toll was 3.75 USD or 4.75 CAD.] We paid the toll and started driving back towards Canada.

At the Canadian Border, we stopped at another check post, and the officer asked us some routine questions and took the paper from me that I was given on the other side of the bridge. Once he let us in, we pulled over to the building, and went in. We were asked why we were there inside and told them that I am doing my landing. They asked my passport, COPR, and proof of address. I gave them the requested document, and the officer asked me to wait. It took them 15 minute to call my name, and once they did, I walked up to the officer; the officer asked me a couple of question and asked me to sign the COPR. Once that was done, I was given my documents back, and was briefed about what I need to do now that I have become a PR. Within a minute, I was walking out of the building as a PR. And it was 1020 PM, So, the whole process took less than an hour. Hope it helps.

Jatir Nana

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 23, 2015
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
September 24, 2015 OINP
AOR Received.
February 25, 2016
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
CPC Ottawa
Med's Request
Med's Done....
August 7, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
February 11, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
ofz said:
Landing experience with a car

Hey guys,

I did my landing this Friday and thought I would share my experience to make your lives a little easier. I understand that your experience might be considerably different than mine.

I decided to do my landing late Friday night, hoping it wouldn’t be too busy. With that in mind, I rented a car on Friday and started from Toronto around 0800 PM. I was there by 0930 PM. Once there I got on the Falls Avenue and drove up to the entrance of the Rainbow Bridge [43.091794, -79.071145] and simply got on the bridge with my car. Once I reached the other end of the bridge, I drove up to one of the manned check posts with the green light and let the officer in the booth know that I am here for Flag polling.

He seemed very familiar with the process, asked us to give us our passports. I had someone with me with a Canadian Passport, which wasn’t an issue. Once he looked at the passport, he called someone and gave us our passports back, and directed us to a designated area. We drove up to the pointed area and someone was already waiting there for us. He told us to park and wait in the car and left. Within 5 minute, another border security personal came out of the building, handed us a piece of paper [Administrative Refusal], asked us to follow him in the car while he walked up to a gate and opened it for us. This gate took us to a toll both. [Toll was 3.75 USD or 4.75 CAD.] We paid the toll and started driving back towards Canada.

At the Canadian Border, we stopped at another check post, and the officer asked us some routine questions and took the paper from me that I was given on the other side of the bridge. Once he let us in, we pulled over to the building, and went in. We were asked why we were there inside and told them that I am doing my landing. They asked my passport, COPR, and proof of address. I gave them the requested document, and the officer asked me to wait. It took them 15 minute to call my name, and once they did, I walked up to the officer; the officer asked me a couple of question and asked me to sign the COPR. Once that was done, I was given my documents back, and was briefed about what I need to do now that I have become a PR. Within a minute, I was walking out of the building as a PR. And it was 1020 PM, So, the whole process took less than an hour. Hope it helps.
Thanks ofz.. When when I will get this experience :'(

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Lol. Dude I think everything is looking forward to it. Hahahahaa. Nice feeling though. I am happy someone underwent this amazing feeling. Our time will come soon hopefully.

Jatir Nana said:
Thanks ofz.. When when I will get this experience :'(

pnp666

Jul 29, 2015
I received AOR on Mar 9 2016, but I still haven't received my medical request. It has been almost one year to wait for the MR, start getting nervous.... :'(
Does anybody have the same situation?