Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland
Nayla said:
hi friends,

Nov 17 - background change to in progress today..

now how long it should take for DM????
i am nov 10 applicant.my background changed to in progress on 20 dec 2016.i dont know the answer but i am expecting something by end of jan or early feb.my friend got DM yesterday.he is oct 13 2015 applicant.all the best

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
roman_emperor08 said:
Any november applicants ordered/rcvd gcms note?
I ordered nov 22, nothing yet. you?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Nayla said:
hi friends,

Nov 17 - background change to in progress today..

now how long it should take for DM????
Same here, I am 18th Nov 2015

16 month mark is 17th Mar 2017 and looks like we are on track of beating it

Girlfrombc27

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
Ordered gcms notes on dec 7, havent got it yet though i emailed them yesterday with my tracking number and file number and will have to wait for 5 business days for their reply.

azure04

Jan 16, 2016
Hi Everybody,

I would like to share my flag poling experience yesterday Jan 11, 2017. We arrive at around 10:30 and finished approximately half an hour (it would be faster if we are not walking or we know which door to enter). At the US border, no one stopped us and we went directly inside (had trouble looking for the door) and immediately went in line. After few minutes we were called and asked what is our purpose. We said flagpoling. The officer took our passport and no other questions asked after that. After few minutes, he gave us the refusal paper (the term refusal may sound harsh but I have B1/B2 visa, and this is actually the procedure with the reason "flagpole"). He instructed us to go back to the Canada border and no one accompany us to the Canada border. We walked again and looked for the lane or the door for pedestrian. At the counter (Canada border), She asked for the purpose and took our passport. Few questions asked like "Did someone give you a gift while you were in the US?", "Did you buy something from the thrift store?", "Did you bring any agricultural products, fruits, vegetable, poultry, meat etc?" and others. It took less than 2 minutes. Then we went inside for the landing. The officer asked for our CoPR and passport. She asked some few questions, like "Have you ever been convicted to any crime inside or outside Canada?", "How much money do you have in your account?" Etc...

I know that we should bring valid Work Permit, visa, ID's, Passport and CoPR. Guess what, What they actually needed from us are Passports and CoPRs. They did not asked for my work permit, any other ID's, they did not even open my bag (which I know they have scanners so they know that what inside are just papers). I would also like to remind you that every person had different experience at the border. Some were asked for work permit, bank details, residential addresses, blah blah. But our experience was quick, less complicated and no drama. :) Good luck for those who are waiting. I know the long wait is killing you but it is worth the wait. God bless us!

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
congrats first of all

Which border was it?

November2015

Apr 20, 2016
azure04 said:
Hi Everybody,

I would like to share my flag poling experience yesterday Jan 11, 2017. We arrive at around 10:30 and finished approximately half an hour (it would be faster if we are not walking or we know which door to enter). At the US border, no one stopped us and we went directly inside (had trouble looking for the door) and immediately went in line. After few minutes we were called and asked what is our purpose. We said flagpoling. The officer took our passport and no other questions asked after that. After few minutes, he gave us the refusal paper (the term refusal may sound harsh but I have B1/B2 visa, and this is actually the procedure with the reason "flagpole"). He instructed us to go back to the Canada border and no one accompany us to the Canada border. We walked again and looked for the lane or the door for pedestrian. At the counter (Canada border), She asked for the purpose and took our passport. Few questions asked like "Did someone give you a gift while you were in the US?", "Did you buy something from the thrift store?", "Did you bring any agricultural products, fruits, vegetable, poultry, meat etc?" and others. It took less than 2 minutes. Then we went inside for the landing. The officer asked for our CoPR and passport. She asked some few questions, like "Have you ever been convicted to any crime inside or outside Canada?", "How much money do you have in your account?" Etc...

I know that we should bring valid Work Permit, visa, ID's, Passport and CoPR. Guess what, What they actually needed from us are Passports and CoPRs. They did not asked for my work permit, any other ID's, they did not even open my bag (which I know they have scanners so they know that what inside are just papers). I would also like to remind you that every person had different experience at the border. Some were asked for work permit, bank details, residential addresses, blah blah. But our experience was quick, less complicated and no drama. :) Good luck for those who are waiting. I know the long wait is killing you but it is worth the wait. God bless us!

Very helpful and congratulations my friend.
I am living in Vancouver and have to go peace arch border crossing for landing, can't wait for that moment

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Hi guys any updates. The background still not needed!!!! almost 13 months and they are not working on our cases. Any idea what's going on??

Jatir Nana

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 23, 2015
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
September 24, 2015 OINP
AOR Received.
February 25, 2016
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
CPC Ottawa
Med's Request
Upfront : July 28, 2016
Med's Done....
August 7, 2016
Interview........
NO (Security and Background Complete Jan 13, 2017)
Passport Req..
February 11, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
umanitoba said:
Hi guys any updates. The background still not needed!!!! almost 13 months and they are not working on our cases. Any idea what's going on??
Hello Umanitoba,

I am frustrated too. I am Nov 23 applicant. I called CIC yesterday and asked about my case. They are saying still security &back ground check in progress. But in my GCMS notes security & background mentioned as " Not Started" with S15.(1) section on top.

I would like to suggest you call CIC and ask about your progress.

Jatir Nana

Jatir Nana

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 23, 2015
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
September 24, 2015 OINP
AOR Received.
February 25, 2016
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
CPC Ottawa
Med's Request
Upfront : July 28, 2016
Med's Done....
August 7, 2016
Interview........
NO (Security and Background Complete Jan 13, 2017)
Passport Req..
February 11, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Any updates today folks?

kmalik

Sep 21, 2016
I'm Nov 23 Applicant Background changed to in progress today. did not received any notification though just checked mycic account randomly and its in progress :)

vishal1985

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO,Sydney,Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2015
Doc's Request.
20-06-2016
Nomination.....
PNP
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
27-10-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Interview........
Not required yet
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland
kmalik said:
I'm Nov 23 Applicant Background changed to in progress today. did not received any notification though just checked mycic account randomly and its in progress :)
same happened with me.no notification.just checked randomly n found background check in progress

P

pnpab

vishal1985 said:
same happened with me.no notification.just checked randomly n found background check in progress
Same here. Just read your comment and checked mine. It is now in progress!