14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
woodsky said:
Got to be a joke! What a hell is wrong with the processing of such applications? Dec 2015 applicant no MR request! Pissed off!

Starting to re-think my goals!
If you can't survive the waiting time in immigration, you can't survive the Canadian winter

Retrolad87UK

Nov 17, 2016
Sorry to double post (can't see an edit button) but just wanted to let people panicking know that they're still within the correct time frame. This is a process and just needs patience, the day will come when you're sipping your first beer as a Permanent Resident.

As a November 2015 applicant I only just received the MR Oct 27th, which means a December applicant is right on track to receive theirs at the end of November.
This is one of the reasons I didn't look at forums during the application, you get your hopes up or more worries based on what you read about other people's applications.
That being said, I'm happy to have joined at this stage of the process and look forward to hearing people's good news soon.

rajarajan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
Please wait sir. you are not the only one waiting.

woodsky said:
Got to be a joke! What a hell is wrong with the processing of such applications? Dec 2015 applicant no MR request! Pissed off!

Retrolad87UK

Nov 17, 2016
woodsky said:

You're perfectly on track, MR should come before the end of November.
No need to be pissed off or rethink your goals, you've come so far and should be proud of the journey you've taken.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Hi everyone!

Does anyone know what the process is after a PPR? Does CIC send us a PR card or do we have to apply for it separately after we get the visa?

mohdsafiuddin

Nov 8, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-2-2014
Doc's Request.
11-09-20116, Sent 11-09-2016
Nomination.....
31-10-2015
AOR Received.
23-3-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with nomination
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
Submitted 13-02-2017 Passed 21-02-2017
You apply for the PR card after going there and staying for a few days.

sydcarton said:
Hi everyone!

Does anyone know what the process is after a PPR? Does CIC send us a PR card or do we have to apply for it separately after we get the visa?

mohdsafiuddin

Nov 8, 2015
Canada
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-2-2014
Doc's Request.
11-09-20116, Sent 11-09-2016
Nomination.....
31-10-2015
AOR Received.
23-3-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with nomination
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
Submitted 13-02-2017 Passed 21-02-2017
I think it varies from individual to individual.
Some people always look at the best case scenarios and get their hopes up, like if one person says that they got their MR in 9 months after sending in their application, a lot of people start expecting the same but they don't take into account that most of the others got theirs after 11 months (as an example, not real numbers). Which is why it is important to look at 'AVERAGE PROCESSING TIME'.
We need to take into consideration a lot of things and then set our expectations.
So far, I think I have benefited from joining the forum early on. I got a lot of guidance here.
For that, I say: Thanks Everyone.:)

Retrolad87UK said:
Sorry to double post (can't see an edit button) but just wanted to let people panicking know that they're still within the correct time frame. This is a process and just needs patience, the day will come when you're sipping your first beer as a Permanent Resident.

As a November 2015 applicant I only just received the MR Oct 27th, which means a December applicant is right on track to receive theirs at the end of November.
This is one of the reasons I didn't look at forums during the application, you get your hopes up or more worries based on what you read about other people's applications.
That being said, I'm happy to have joined at this stage of the process and look forward to hearing people's good news soon.

Retrolad87UK

Nov 17, 2016
mohdsafiuddin said:
So far, I think I have benefited from joining the forum early on. I got a lot of guidance here.
For that, I say: Thanks Everyone.:)
Definitely good for the guidance, I've felt a bit blind through this whole process so it would've been nice having some more info here and there.
I love seeing everyone's timelines and knowing that I'm not alone in this long wait, will be a sweet day when it rolls round.

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
mohdsafiuddin said:
You apply for the PR card after going there and staying for a few days.
Thanks! What about inland PNP PR applicants? Just wait a few days after getting the passport back?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
sydcarton said:
Thanks! What about inland PNP PR applicants? Just wait a few days after getting the passport back?
After you get your passport from Ottawa, you head to port of entry for landing, then CBSA officer takes your address and PR card will be send there

Retrolad87UK

Nov 17, 2016
Quick question, when I receive the PR documents and have my passport returned to me will I be able to leave Canada to visit England, then "land" back at the airport and activate everything then?
Or do I have to go to the US border and flagpole. Thanks in advance.

Capiph

Nov 24, 2015
mf4361 said:
After you get your passport from Ottawa, you head to port of entry for landing, then CBSA officer takes your address and PR card will be send there
Hi mf4361, are you sure that inland applicant doesn't need to send out any application for the PR card? If you can, please kindly provide a reference.
Many thanks!

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Capiph said:
Hi mf4361, are you sure that inland applicant doesn't need to send out any application for the PR card? If you can, please kindly provide a reference.
Many thanks!
I did some digging- the CIC webpage on applying for permanent resident card says "If you are a new permanent resident, you do not need to apply for a permanent resident card. One will be sent to you automatically. If you did not provide your Canadian mailing address when you became a permanent resident, you must send it using our online tool within 180 days of immigrating. If you do not, your card will be destroyed and you must apply for a new one and pay the $50 processing fee."

Looks like they send you one directly. It doesn't make sense to leave Canada and re-enter to get the PR card, since you need a PR card to re-enter anyway.

meanjoe

Star Member
Apr 15, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
Doc's Request.
12-09-2016
Nomination.....
26-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
Med's Request
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-02-2017
sydcarton said:
I did some digging- the CIC webpage on applying for permanent resident card says "If you are a new permanent resident, you do not need to apply for a permanent resident card. One will be sent to you automatically. If you did not provide your Canadian mailing address when you became a permanent resident, you must send it using our online tool within 180 days of immigrating. If you do not, your card will be destroyed and you must apply for a new one and pay the $50 processing fee."
Let's make everything clear.

1. Inland applicants have two/three options to "land": flag-polling / local office / leave-and-come back
2. You will apply PR card when you "land" at the point of entry/local office. It's part of the process. If you don't have a Canadian address for any reason, you will be given 180 days to finalize the application.

sydcarton said:
Looks like they send you one directly. It doesn't make sense to leave Canada and re-enter to get the PR card, since you need a PR card to re-enter anyway.
3. The only way you can get PR card is to make it mailed to you "directly." There is no way you can get PR card immediately--if you really need, you will get a travel document instead.
4. Flag-polling is a kind of leaving Canada, so that you can enter Canada at the point of entry. You can land at the local office, but it takes another couple weeks to make an appointment and wait.

meanjoe

Star Member
Apr 15, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
Doc's Request.
12-09-2016
Nomination.....
26-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
Med's Request
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-02-2017
Retrolad87UK said:
Quick question, when I receive the PR documents and have my passport returned to me will I be able to leave Canada to visit England, then "land" back at the airport and activate everything then?
Or do I have to go to the US border and flagpole. Thanks in advance.
You can, if you want. I know one of my friend did that, just like going Vacation and come back with CoPR to land. Just keep in mind that, it's a little more bothersome. It takes more (like one or two hours) to land at the airport than half an hour at the border office. You also have to prepare some more documents.

You can also flagpole. Once you flagpole and get your PR status, you cannot leave Canada until you have PR card in your hands.