November 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Gargoyle_Queen

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
hey guys i received this

Take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony

Waiting on you
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on April 15, 2024.
Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present
The notice you’ll receive is the official confirmation of the appointment. If you haven’t received the notice by the date of the scheduled appointment, contact us.

but i didn't receive any messages yet in my e-mail

Reactions: cbego318

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
hey guys i received this

Take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony

Waiting on you
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on April 15, 2024.
Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present
The notice you’ll receive is the official confirmation of the appointment. If you haven’t received the notice by the date of the scheduled appointment, contact us.

but i didn't receive any messages yet in my e-mail
@Gargoyle_Queen check your spam/junk folder

fallcolours

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Final update from me, guys.

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1804
Application: Family (2)
Application submitted: Nov 19, 2023
AOR: Dec 13, 2023
Test Taken: Jan 21, 2024
Test Completed: Jan 24, 2024
Background Completed: Feb 13, 2024
Language, Prohibitions, Physical Presence: Mar 1, 2024
Oath letter date: Mar 15, 2024
Citizenship ceremony : Apr 9, 2024

Citizenship ceremony updates - It was scheduled online at 8:15 AM EST today and started promptly. Initially you are moved into a main room with all the other participants as they join in. As a first step, they'll move you into a breakout room where you have to show your ID (health card or driver's licence will suffice) and then have to cut your PR card into four pieces with a pair of scissors (I did this half-heartedly because it was such a long journey to get the PR card in the first place). After the registration is done for all the participants, you are ushered into a main room with the presiding judge where you have to give the oath and and then sing the national anthem. The meeting was done by 10 AM EST and just like that, we were Canadian citizens.

Citizenship e-certificate - Note to all, do not keep checking whether the e-certificate is ready like a maniac (as I did) since there is an upper limit for the number of attempts per day after which you are locked out for 24 hours. Oh well!

To all whose applications are in progress, wish you all speedy processing!

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
We had the oath ceremony yesterday.. process was fairly quick and smooth! We sent the signed oath forms right away and received the citizenship e-certificate this morning! Our journey is complete! Wishing all the very best to those still waiting :)

Benicia David

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
hi think we are in same batch.

ircc update in batch ??what do you think?
Probably the same officer? No clue. All I hope is they give some update as its been quiet for so long.

Please check your portal if you have received a GU. Most from Mississauga office has received it today especially the ones with Prohibition and BG pending with December AOR.

Last edited:

nmdemp

Star Member
Feb 2, 2024
Probably the same officer? No clue. All I hope is they give some update as its been quiet for so long.

In here and FB cant see updates for Mississauga. 2-3 people got their oath updates and that’s all. Other offices better imo. I believe families gets faster updates. I don’t know. I’ve improved my imagination with this process LoL

Benicia David

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
In here and FB cant see updates for Mississauga. 2-3 people got their oath updates and that’s all. Other offices better imo. I believe families gets faster updates. I don’t know. I’ve improved my imagination with this process LoL
Did you email them? I guess they would respond

Benicia David

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
I really don’t know their email address. Did you email them ? And also don’t want their negative feedbacks once I send an email
I tried but they couldn't provide more info on my application as it is still in process, but with you its all done and just the oath scheduling is pending so I would say it's worth a try. Take all the opportunity you have and I don't think It would have any negative impact.

This is the email IRCC.DNMISCitizenshipScheduling-ConvocationCitoyenneteMISRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
Please give it a try and let's see what they might have to say. All the best!! you will hear something good.

nmdemp

Star Member
Feb 2, 2024
I tried but they couldn't provide more info on my application as it is still in process, but with you its all done and just the oath scheduling is pending so I would say it's worth a try. Take all the opportunity you have and I don't think It would have any negative impact.

This is the email IRCC.DNMISCitizenshipScheduling-ConvocationCitoyenneteMISRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
Please give it a try and let's see what they might have to say. All the best!! you will hear something good.

I appreciate it. I’ll try to email them. Let’s see what’s going to happen

Reactions: Benicia David

JamFarr

Apr 17, 2019
Mississauga office is the slowest and the worst. I give up on checking updates, it’ll happen when it happens and if it doesn’t I tried. I believe the majority of applicants from other offices with November timelines have either had their oath or has been scheduled to receive. Checking tracker weekly was sending me into a mental state. I’m still in the 14-15 month deadline I guess so there’s still hope. Good luck to everyone.

anburaj

Sep 10, 2018
We had the oath ceremony afternoon today. Process was fairly quick and smooth! We sent the signed oath forms right away.Still am not recieved any email regarding to download the e-certificate. But oath officer confirmed that within 24 hours or 48 hours we should recived email about the instructions to download e-certifcate. waiting for that.. all the best to everyone..

Reactions: Benicia David

Vptl

Star Member
Jun 4, 2021
Final update. I was able to download e-certificate today. Below is my complete timeline.

Type: Online application
Office: Niagara
Physical Presence Days: 1099
Application: Single
Submission: November 22, 2023
AOR: December 14, 2023
Ghost Update: January 4, 2024
Test Invite: January 9, 2024
Test Window: January 17 to February 16, 2024
Test Taken: January 17, 2024
Test Completed in Tracker: January 23, 2024
Background check completed: February 29, 2024
LPP completed: March 7, 2024 (updated on March 9)
Got email to download e-certificate: March 12, 2024
Citizenship ceremony updated: March 13, 2024
Ceremony: April 9, 2024
E-certificate: April 10, 2024

Wishing everyone a speedy process.