+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2023 - Citizenship Applications

YEG2024

Feb 7, 2024
Hi, I have submitted by Application on nov 6th , AOR on Nov 30th. Test updated as completed on Jan 15th , called IRCC and they said IRCC received FP on Jan 16th but no update after that. Submitted my FP on jan 15th 2024. LPP & BG is in progress.
Hey arunk0291, looks like we both have very similar timeline. They received my FPs on Jan 15th, no further updates. My AOR is also Nov 30th. My test was marked complete on Jan 5th.

YEG2024

Feb 7, 2024
yes , hope we hear something soon . Keeping fingers crossed
I hope so! But you never know. I have seen many people who have been waiting for their BG check for almost an year now. And some just breeze through the process in 3-4 months. Hopefully, we should start to see some updates soon!

nmdemp

Star Member
Feb 2, 2024
I hope so! But you never know. I have seen many people who have been waiting for their BG check for almost an year now. And some just breeze through the process in 3-4 months. Hopefully, we should start to see some updates soon!

Let's hope we get some good news next week. My friend waiting for Prohibition only. I don't know why. They also took their interview last week

Reactions: YEG2024

whateveritis

Feb 9, 2024
Type: Online application/Paper application
Office: Mississauga
Physical Presence Days: not sure
Application: Single
Application sent: November 11, 2023
AOR: December 7, 2023
Fingerprint request: January 03, 2024
Fingerprint taken: January 04, 2024
Test invite: January 11, 2024
Test completed: January 17, 2024
Fingerprint received: January 22, 2024
Background verification completed: February 07, 2024
LPP in progress

Reactions: nmdemp

YEG2024

Feb 7, 2024
Let's hope we get some good news next week. My friend waiting for Prohibition only. I don't know why. They also took their interview last week
Many October/November applicants waiting for either Background verification or Prohibitions. If you will see the trends last year, the first thing everyone got done was Background check and people used to wait for test email invite forever. Looks like thats not the case anymore. Now, Everyone is getting their test emails quickly but BG in progress.

sujiv

Dec 12, 2023
Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1235
Application: Family ( 2 Adults 2 kids )
Application sent: 15 Nov 2023
Delivered: 15 Nov 2023
AOR: 8 DEC 2023
Linked to Tracker: 15 Dec 2023
Citizenship Test Notification: 9th Jan 2024
Test to be scheduled: 15th Jan to 13 Feb
Test Taken by the first Adult: 16th Jan
Test Taken by the Second adult ( first attempt) : 17th Jan
Tracker Updated for first Adult with test completed: 18th Jan
Tracker Updated for Second Adult with test completed: 20 Jan
Test passed by the Second adult ( second attempt) : 23rd Jan
Ghost Update : 26 Jan [ i think this is the update where it might have internally recorded the result of second attempt test by adult 2]
Background veification ( adult 1 and adult 2) : 7th FEB
BG complted for both the adults on application

Reactions: upon and nmdemp

nmdemp

Star Member
Feb 2, 2024
Many October/November applicants waiting for either Background verification or Prohibitions. If you will see the trends last year, the first thing everyone got done was Background check and people used to wait for test email invite forever. Looks like thats not the case anymore. Now, Everyone is getting their test emails quickly but BG in progress.

Thank you for the detailed information. I believe I'm just comparing our process time with other people. Some people applied on November and they already got their oath:)

Reactions: YEG2024

YEG2024

Feb 7, 2024
Thank you for the detailed information. I believe I'm just comparing our process time with other people. Some people applied on November and they already got their oath:)
The good thing about this forum is, it gives us hope . It’s a good thing that we are able to compare our timelines and able to stay optimistic. Also, every processing office is different. Some are slow and some are fast. Overall, it’s an unpredictable process.

cloudalgo2024

Star Member
Feb 7, 2024
Type: Online application/Paper application
Office: Mississauga
Physical Presence Days: not sure
Application: Single
Application sent: November 11, 2023
AOR: December 7, 2023
Fingerprint request: January 03, 2024
Fingerprint taken: January 04, 2024
Test invite: January 11, 2024
Test completed: January 17, 2024
Fingerprint received: January 22, 2024
Background verification completed: February 07, 2024
LPP in progress
Could you please advise which place you went for FP collection? It only took 18 calendar days for IRCC to receive FP, super fast!

Reactions: nmdemp

cloudalgo2024

Star Member
Feb 7, 2024
The good thing about this forum is, it gives us hope . It’s a good thing that we are able to compare our timelines and able to stay optimistic. Also, every processing office is different. Some are slow and some are fast. Overall, it’s an unpredictable process.
Totally agreed! Stay optimistic is very important in this process.

Reactions: PrasadK and nmdemp

nmdemp

Star Member
Feb 2, 2024
Hey All,

I have an important question. Me and my friend applied almost the same times. He has no criminality or other stuff. He has 2 or 3 collection situation. Does this impact his citizenship process? They could reject or make the process longer ?

I know it's not related to Nov 23 but no one else to ask sorry about that

wonderwall007

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hey All,

I have an important question. Me and my friend applied almost the same times. He has no criminality or other stuff. He has 2 or 3 collection situation. Does this impact his citizenship process? They could reject or make the process longer ?

I know it's not related to Nov 23 but no one else to ask sorry about that
The background verification checks the criminality and the security, I dont see how a bad credit can impact those