+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2023 - Citizenship Applications

YEG2024

Feb 7, 2024
Application: Online
Office: Edmonton/Vancouver (Test email had Edmonton IRCC in subject line)
Sent: Nov 06, 2023
AOR: Nov 30, 2023
Test & FP email: Dec 20, 2023
FP given: Dec 20, 2023
Citizenship Test: written Dec 26, 2023
Test completed: Jan 05, 2023
FP received: Jan 15, 2023
Background Verification: In progress
LPP: In progress

Looks like most of the November applicants are waiting for Background check to be completed. My FPs were received on Jan 15th, But no further updates. Any of the Edmonton/ Vancouver applicants who have same timeline? Anyone who has submitted their FPs, But still waiting for background verification to be completed?

I would like to hear back from all other November applicants regarding their timelines, especially the Western Canada applicants (Vancouver/Edmonton).

cloudalgo2024

Star Member
Feb 7, 2024
Office: Edmonton/Vancouver (Test email had Edmonton IRCC in subject line)
Sent: Nov 06, 2023
AOR: Nov 30, 2023
Test & FP email: Dec 20, 2023
FP given: Dec 20, 2023
Citizenship Test: written Dec 26, 2023
Test completed: Jan 05, 2023
FP received: Jan 15, 2023

Looks like most of the November applicants are waiting for Background check to be completed. My FPs were received on Jan 15th, But no further updates. Any of the Edmonton/ Vancouver applicants who have same timeline? Anyone who has submitted their FPs, But still waiting for background verification to be completed?

I would like to hear back from all other November applicants regarding their timelines, especially the Western Canada applicants (Vancouver/Edmonton).
What is the process of providing FP? IRCC requested FP from me but I am waiting for email invitation. I would like to see if I can do it before receiving email invitation.

YEG2024

Feb 7, 2024
What is the process of providing FP? IRCC requested FP from me but I am waiting for email invitation. I would like to see if I can do it before receiving email invitation.
I would suggest that you wait for the email. You will receive an email within 48 hours with all the instructions. This email will have a letter with all the instructions you will need to follow and many fingerprinting agencies want you to bring this letter with you. Usually the tracker updates first and then you receive the email. You can provide your FPs via a RCMP accredited fingerprinting agency once you receive your letter. IRCC gives you 30 days to submit.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/submit-fingerprints.html

This link will provide you more details. Try to give your FPs as soon as you could to avoid any delays. It takes 4-6 weeks for IRCC to receive the results.

mefarahat

May 26, 2019
I saw FP request on tracker but haven’t received the email invitation. Wondering if anyone can tell me the process of providing FP? Do we have to wait for the FP email invitation as it has personal information or we can do it before we receive the FP email?
Many thanks!
Did you get the FP request after the test? What is your AoR, and when did your test completed? Thanks.

cloudalgo2024

Star Member
Feb 7, 2024
I would suggest that you wait for the email. You will receive an email within 48 hours with all the instructions. This email will have a letter with all the instructions you will need to follow and many fingerprinting agencies want you to bring this letter with you. Usually the tracker updates first and then you receive the email. You can provide your FPs via a RCMP accredited fingerprinting agency once you receive your letter. IRCC gives you 30 days to submit.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/submit-fingerprints.html

This link will provide you more details. Try to give your FPs as soon as you could to avoid any delays. It takes 4-6 weeks for IRCC to receive the results.
Got you! Appreciate it!

Reactions: YEG2024

ra7

Feb 7, 2024
Application: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1107
Office: Mississauga (?) (Test email had MISRN.IRCC in subject line)
Sent: Nov 28, 2023
AOR: Dec 18, 2023
Test email: Jan 17, 2024
Test window: Jan 22, 2024 - Feb 20, 2024
Citizenship Test written: Feb 05, 2024
Test completed: Feb 07, 2024 (Updated in tracker)

abhi1701

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Any idea if we can submit fingerprints from outside of Canada? The website says we cannot but asking if there are any exceptions. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: YEG2024

YEG2024

Feb 7, 2024
Any idea if we can submit fingerprints from outside of Canada? The website says we cannot but asking if there are any exceptions. Thanks in advance.
Maybe check with IRCC, you will get 30 days to submit your fingerprints. You need to provide your FPs either through regional Canadian police authorities or RCMP- accredited agency. Mostly, you need to provide electronic or digital FPs. I’m not sure how it will work out if you are outside the country. Also, the results will need to be mailed to IRCC (Vancouver IRCC in most of the cases for most of the applicants). It’s an easy process if you do it through one of the RCMP accredited agency in your city inside Canada though.

Reactions: abhi1701

YEG2024

Feb 7, 2024
To everyone who has received a Fingerprints request
(1) You will have 30 days (most of the cases) to submit after the day you will receive your FP request email. Your letter will mention the deadline.
(2) Try to provide your fingerprints as soon as you could. It’s a crucial step for the Background check. It usually takes 4-6 weeks (if no criminal record) for IRCC to receive your results from RCMP. Most of the applicants will have to get these results mailed directly to IRCC (Vancouver IRCC in most cases). But, check the FP request letter to see where you will have to get the results sent.
3) When you provide your FPs, make sure you provide your CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION NUMBER and your UCI.

Reactions: Justin618

AviusAnima

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
So some of our November 2023 people got updates today? what was that about?
From the few I saw. It's mostly LP completion (Language and physical presence) and some test stuff. Haven't seen many though so maybe some others got different updates.