+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2023 - Citizenship Applications

tallzeez

Feb 20, 2021
Hi,

It's out of context question but can someone please revert.

I have an IELTS from 2019 which I didn't use for my PR application, can I use it for my citizenship application?

Thank you so much.
I'm pretty sure your English test results are only valid for two years in Canada so if you took it in 2019, it would be too late as it's approaching 5 years now. You'll have to do another test.

JEDI-007

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Hi,

I have an IELTS from 2019 which I didn't use for my PR application, can I use it for my citizenship application?

Thank you so much.
Yes, you can use the expired IELTS TRF as well but it should be General Training

Fill the details and check on this link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/language-proof/step-2.html

Robertogogr

Star Member
May 8, 2020
Hi,

Thank you so much.

Yes you can, I'm using 2018 Ielts results and my lawyer said most of their clients use an Ielts results from 2-3 years or older

Stick

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hi,

Thank you so much.
Yes, you can. I used mine from about the same time and it has been accepted.

Kevoko

Feb 2, 2024
Hi,

Thank you so much.
i used the same one I used to apply for PR in 2019 too

Kevoko

Feb 2, 2024
I think you are looking into the email ID. In the test invite email Subject before the application number it should say as the location name. For myself it said Niagara IRCC
I don't have that, mine looks like this at the top:
Date: 2023-12-28
Application ID: XXXXXXXXX
UCI: XXXXXXXX

INVITATION TO COMPLETE AN ONLINE CITIZENSHIP KNOWLEDGE TEST

TEST START DATE: 2024-01-05 (yyyy/mm/dd) at 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time
TEST END DATE: 2024-02-04

nmdemp

Star Member
Feb 2, 2024
It's been 33 days since FP requested it. I haven't received any updates since then. Should I be worried or wait a couple more weeks?

AviusAnima

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
It's been 33 days since FP requested it. I haven't received any updates since then. Should I be worried or wait a couple more weeks?
Hi, usually it takes 30-45 days for IRCC to receive the request. You can try calling IRCC.

You can also try calling RCMP and see if they sent the results to IRCC (you will need the DCN number given by the FP agency)

Reactions: nmdemp

nmdemp

Star Member
Feb 2, 2024
Hi, usually it takes 30-45 days for IRCC to receive the request. You can try calling IRCC.

You can also try calling RCMP and see if they sent the results to IRCC (you will need the DCN number given by the FP agency)

Thank you. I'll wait for another 2 weeks. If I don't get any updates. I'll give them a call for sure

muthukrishnans

Star Member
Jul 13, 2021
Category........
CEC
I don't have that, mine looks like this at the top:
Date: 2023-12-28
Application ID: XXXXXXXXX
UCI: XXXXXXXX

INVITATION TO COMPLETE AN ONLINE CITIZENSHIP KNOWLEDGE TEST

TEST START DATE: 2024-01-05 (yyyy/mm/dd) at 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time
TEST END DATE: 2024-02-04
You are still NOT looking at the subject. The above should be inside the attachment of the email.

Example Mine:

Email Subject will be like "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Event Notification / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada Notification d'événement Niagara IRCC Cxxxxxxxxx"

Last edited:

inamulhaq

May 10, 2012
Hi guys,

I have not heard from IRCC after citizenship test completion update on tracker

Background, prohibitions, physical presence and language are in progress. Only test updated to complete

Is it normal? Anyone in same situation?