+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Gargoyle_Queen

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
You should be fine if you read the book discover Canada then go through the sample tests here:
https://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

The link above has a total of 152 questions you should be ready to pass the test once you can score 90% at least
i passed my test with this link, i got like 14 questions correct then the other six , i doubted my answers , in the end i got 17/20 .
Thank you the link gave me so much confidence even though i didn't read the book too much , i read some chapters , as i have a bad memory , i trust practice patterns more than reading if you understand what i'm sayin , anyway thank you the link is so gooood but i advice people to read the book twice or more and make little notes to read before the test.
Good luck everyone , now waiting for next steps

Last edited:

constellation13

Sep 9, 2020
Hello everyone,

I applied in Nov and just completed the test yesterday (Jan 21, 2024). Does anyone know how long it will take to find out if i officially pass the test?
And would they send like an email to update you or will my status on the tracker be updated?

RTVM

Jan 15, 2024
Hello everyone,

I applied in Nov and just completed the test yesterday (Jan 21, 2024). Does anyone know how long it will take to find out if i officially pass the test?
And would they send like an email to update you or will my status on the tracker be updated?
You should know right away if you passed but it takes 48-72 hours for them to review it and update the status on your tracker to "completed"

fallcolours

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
I finished my citizenship test yesterday as well. The questions were pretty easy. In hindsight, as others have suggested here, reading the "Discover Canada' book a couple of times and doing a couple of practice tests would be more than enough. The hardest part of the test was positioning the id card correctly within the guidelines in front of the camera lol.

mimunakamuna

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
I finished my citizenship test yesterday as well. The questions were pretty easy. In hindsight, as others have suggested here, reading the "Discover Canada' book a couple of times and doing a couple of practice tests would be more than enough. The hardest part of the test was positioning the id card correctly within the guidelines in front of the camera lol.
Literally took me 20 minutes just to get a decent screenshor lol

tallzeez

Feb 20, 2021
Is it normal to complete citizenship test but background, language, physical presence, and prohibitions are all still "In Progress"? Just passed the citizenship test on Jan 18 (so the status is still In-Progress).

Shouldn't the other criteria have been completed/passed before the citizenship test?

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
Is it normal to complete citizenship test but background, language, physical presence, and prohibitions are all still "In Progress"? Just passed the citizenship test on Jan 18 (so the status is still In-Progress).

Shouldn't the other criteria have been completed/passed before the citizenship test?
@tallzeez newer applications are like that. I hope soon rest of the things get marked completed as well.

Reactions: PrasadK

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020

Yeah it's a bit strange. I can't imagine why they'd have us take the test before verifying the basic criteria for citizenship.. That being said, I hope it gets completed soon!

Chadhak25

Jun 20, 2019
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1098
Application: Single
Application sent: November 6th
Delivered: November 6th
AOR: November 30th
Link to Biometric: Dec 13th
test invite: Dec 12th
You got test invite and biometrics within a day of each other? That’s a first

Chadhak25

Jun 20, 2019
I submitted my fingerprints to RCMP about a month ago, still no update to tracker that they were received. Should be contacting IRCC to let them know I had already submitted the fingerprints or should i wait? they say if you don't take fingerprints within 30 days the application is considered abandoned -.- anyone have had a fingerprint request update yet?
Did you receive fingerprints request after the test or before?

Chadhak25

Jun 20, 2019
Anyone here received fingerprint request after citizenship test completion?? Also, anyone with a DUI on their record older than 5 years??